Home » Literary works » Poetry » Humor

Your Richard Joke

by CaptainJack

Hello, it is me FlamingPhoenix again with a review for you on your poem on this lovely day.
So let's see if I can get this work out the green room for you.

I do have to say this isn't the funniest joke I have seen, but it did give me a few laughs, but it was still nice to read. It told a nice story that's for sure. To be honest it didn't really feel like a poem it felt more like a story, but I guess you can get poems like that.
I couldn't find anything wrong with your poem, and I just enjoyed reading it. And I look forward to seeing more poems like this in the future.
I just have a question, how do you get your poems all in bold like that, and it looks like ti hasn't been written down?
I think this poem was very well written and I look forward to seeing more like it soon on YWS. Never stop writing and have a great day/night.

Your friend
FlamingPhoenix. :D
Reviewing with a fiery passion.

OofOof1 wrote a review...

Hello, I'm here to review your poem. I hope you like my review.

Okay so let's get started...

So here's how I'm going to review, I'm going to read each stanza and tell you how I like it or dislike it, then I may tell you if there's any mistakes that you need to fix or something is read wrong to me. Also I may ask you questions about you poem so I understand it more, but please if you don't want me to ask any more questions please reply me. Okay so now the review...

Okay so in stanza 1 I believe that you're trying to say that your character lays out the sweet jokes of his or hers and gets affection and attention from so many people next to him. That would be a talent to me, because it sounds like he's entertaining people with his funny ways of saying things.

Okay so when I read the second stanza, I didn't really feel like what I said for the first stanza was really true. Please reply to me or comment if what I said about the first stanza is true or not. If it's not, please tell me what you meant by that sentence.

Okay so in stanza 3 there are so many words that I have never read or seen before, so please, thank you for putting those words into your stanza. Because I always learn words from poetry and reading novels and all that stuff, and you putting all those words that I may or may not understand really helps me learn, so thank you very very much.

So the fourth stanza I really like the most, also that would have been a better way to end this poem then the last line you put, because to me it doesn't really make sense about the last line you put into it. Also I used to understand this poem but not the last line threw me off. If it was an arrow or you didn't meant to put it can you please fix it. If you do, thank you.

So that's all the feedback I will be giving, for now. I just love this poem, thank you for reading it and have a good day/night.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.