z

Young Writers Society



One Wednesday Per Year

by Brigadier


On Wednesday per year,
at the arcing of the Lenten calendar,
Catholics allow themselvesĀ 
a moment of holy face painting.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
672 Reviews


Points: 81482
Reviews: 672

Donate
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:20 pm
Plume says...



Just wanted to stop by and say how much I really enjoyed this poem~




User avatar
1735 Reviews


Points: 91980
Reviews: 1735

Donate
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:23 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...



"a moment of holy face painting" omg I'm--

This is almost like a Shel Silverstein poem for Catholic adults and I love it.

I may also be slightly giggling about the confusion in the comments




User avatar
386 Reviews


Points: 27684
Reviews: 386

Donate
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:12 am
Dossereana wrote a review...



Hi @CaptianJack I'm here to do a real short review on this. Okay I have to agree with @LiviK on the hole I'm confused thing, but let's try to get un confused shell we. So let's get right into it.

On Wednesday per year,
at the arcing of the Lenten calendar,
Catholics allow themselves
a moment of holy face painting.


Okay I'm trying to understand were you coming form with this, but I'm really not sure am afraid. So I guess maybe you got some nice face paint and you like face painting. :P not sure, just trying to work this out. Maybe this would be easier if there was more to the poem, it's very short and there isn't much info on what it's about really. I'm happy with just a weird image of all of this in my head though. It's kind of interesting to think about.

So that's it for this, I'm sorry about my review, you maybe need some help getting all of your thoughts for this on to the paper? <33 I'd love to hear what you meant when you wrote this poem. :)

I hope you have a great day/night witch ever side of the world your on.

@Dossereana Flying Over The Green Room And Spreading Shards Of Encouragement
Image




User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 22
Reviews: 13

Donate
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:32 pm
View Likes
LiviK wrote a review...



I am genuinely confused about what the heck that means and would love to know more about what it does. It seems interesting but funny at the same time...So if you wouldn't mind explaining further or I don't know just not responding at all (jk don't do that) and letting me learn more that would be fun!! I am also confused why this is in the poetry section but yeah you could also explain that too if you are really up to it!! thx in advance (i don't wanna dance- sry lol) But that is officially all that I have to say. A good day to you *bows*





cron
Remember, a stranger once told you that the breeze here is something worth writing poems about.
— Shinji Moon