Home » Literary works » Poetry » Lyrical

The Vibrant Butterfly

by Bhaavya Singh

Pink, yellow, red and white

Colourful wings flapping alight, 

Over the meadows, flowers

And the bright blue sky

There is a vibrant little butterfly. 

Fluttering, hovering, swirling around

Having no worldly bounds, 

It's spirit blissfully high

The vibrant beautiful butterfly. 

It wings, as the trees bow

Shrubberies singing in a row, 

Over the clouds and horizons to go. 

Moving over the florets jubliantly

Dancing in the welkin gleefully

There it is full of joy

The vibrant little butterfly. 

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:35 pm
Horisun wrote a review...

This poem is wonderful. This poem had a beautiful flow, and I could picture everything wonderfully. However, there is one itty, bitty, tiny nitpick I'd like to point out, and that's that I think you're missing a few commas. There should be a comma after "It's spirit blissfully high" and "There it is full of joy" (There should be a comma after there it is as well) Also, in "It's spirit blissfully high" You used the wrong its, it should be its. The English language is weird, I know.
Overall, this is a wonderful poem, with excellent imagery. Keep on writing, and have a wonderful day!

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:03 am
Serty wrote a review...

This poem is refreshing: following the movement of this beautiful butterfly. The words transfer a message of joy and happiness; not caring about the limits the world tries to put on it."Over the florets jubilantly; welkin gleefully; full of joy; having no worldly bounds"
This artful piece is wonderful and joyful and peaceful with the descriptive words.
Continue to write. Your poem is amazing.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:12 am
kingopossum wrote a review...

This poem is beautiful! Your word choice is great and the piece had a good rhythm to it. At times the rhyme scheme seems a bit off, but it's easy to look past. The imagery is done very well for having so little words, and I appreciate the variations in punctuation. Sometimes in poems writers only use commas or only use periods, but you avoided that and it ended up great.

I only noticed one error, which would be in the line "It's spirit blissfully high." It's should be replaced with its, but that's just a minor grammatical error.

This was a really neat poem that I enjoyed reading, and I hope to see more from you! Keep writing!

Thanks! I would be taking care for these minute grammatical mistakes from next time.

shieldmaiden wrote a review...

Lovely piece. I was a little thrown off at the beginning when the third line didn't rhyme with the fourth, but everything else was absolutely beautiful. It's amazing how you were able to pull so many words together that it not only makes meaning and imagery, but sounds like music. I was counting in time with the rhythm and could almost see the little creature fluttering around in the room where I was sitting. Please keep writing such inspiring work!

-Shieldmaiden

Thank you very much!

Let the wild rumpus start!
— Maurice Sendak