Home » Literary works » Other » General

Letters to the Soul

by Kevothewriter

Letters to the Soul

By: Keith Densley Vries

12 January 2011 – 02:27 AM

Let us love one and other like we love our material possession. Let us stop the hate and killing of innocent souls, our brothers and sisters. Let us not create religious factions as battle grounds for our egos. Let us not claim ownership of God and his wonders, by creating religious hierarchy and claiming that our truth is truer, than the truth of our neighbour, our brother and sisters. Do not take to kindly to hate speech. Hold captive your tongue.

Let colour not blind us. Biology explains that the colour of our skin is determined by the amount of pigmentation in our cells, but then how have we come to this place where we have attached certain stereotypes and expectations of one another based solely on the colour of the outer-self. Let us find the light that leads to a place of happiness and oneness, my brothers and sisters. For man is more than what he appears to be. Do not take so literally that which you see for we are composed of simple complexities that shape our entire Being. Let the lazy eye not mislead you to think you are speaking to a fool. Let your ego not fool you into thinking that the man in the wheelchair can run towards his ambitions.

Love is endless cycles of good to come for all of us, and if we dare live in this place of peace and acceptance of ourselves and the people around us, we then actively seek the presence of a higher power, One that we have never seen, but feel when our feet touch the ground in the mornings, and when our eyes move in sync with one another. The rhythms of our bodies when we dance.

Let’s come alive with the hope that the future will be better. That human consciousness will shift to make room not only for tolerance, but for acceptance of all cultures, and colours. For all sexual orientations and religions. For all countries, and tribes. Let our collective mantras be in favour of a world that realises that we all originate from one source. A power so magnificent, daring, caring, accepting, loving, sharing, understanding. A force of nature that trusts so much its creation, that it gave the gift of choice. Let’s choose to smile in times of deep despair. Let us chose to rise above the tides of worry and confusion. Stand up and climb Mount Everest, for it was created by the same force that created you, my brother and sister. Pick up the rocks that were thrown at you and use them to build climax, a place from which you will scream “Victory”. Let this journey be for all those that seek to find the truth. Lets us scream and shout in the streets of every city and town. Let our voices rise above the noise of the world we live in. Raise your voice so that those on farms, dark corners, hospitals, prisons, places of doom and unhappiness can hear you. Shout that we are heading for Nirvana, a place where we will live together, with love as the ruler of all its inhabitants. Let me hear us sing songs of victory. Sing out loud, from the pits of your stomach. Sing in all the languages that you know so that your brothers and sisters may come with us to a place of peace-of mind, stillness of the spirit, and acceptance of the body that houses the soul.

Stand up from behind the television and take back your mind, oh mindful one. Let the subliminal messages no longer determine your state of consciousness. Let the obsessive thinking and worrying plague you no more. Let your body become your temple once more, for God created you perfect, preparing your spiritual being for an experience with other spiritual being here on earth in the human force.

Rise up and separate yourself from the boxes you have been put in. The labels that were slapped on you. Stupid, slow, dyslexic, poor, needy, ugly. Rise up and claim that you are beautiful and that you deserve the finest of Gods gifts. You creature of splendour, let this be the day where your dreams manifest through every avenue of your life. Let you speak of yourself no longer in third person, but as one being of different spheres; spirit, mind, body and soul. You have heard part of the truth now, and so you must go forth and seek it. This is not a journey of a million miles, or of buses and cars. Its not a journey of Visas and Transit Visas. Do not be conditioned to believe it’s a journey of Mongolia or Tibet. The Journey starts right here, right now with YOU.

It’s a race to be run from the inside. Let the love seep through the skin that holds all the power you poses and let it drink into the roots of life, so that success, happiness, love, wealth and health can sprout into stems of hope. Let the fruits of greatness grow on your free of life. Turn the gases of negativity into ever occurring moments of peace and contentment. Let the body you live in be one of beauty and majesty. Walk the earth once more you goddess. Cloak yourself in the robes of confidence and radiance. Let this be a representation of your oneness with God. Let every step that you take say to the world that you are in a place of wholeness. Let it be a time where you can speak and those less fortunate can learn and watch in awe. Let your grace make those watching fall in love with the light. Take back your life today and let go of the ego that has held you captive for so long. We are now creators through the power granted to us by God.

Cry my brother, Cry my sister. Let the rivers of pain and hurt run, but run dry. Let all the disappointments and resent dry under the sun of change. Say “no more” to regret and spite. Set free the Gandhi in you. Let Mother Theresa speak. Believe In your dreams. Trust that you are worthy, that today is yours for the taking. Trust that you deserve the best, live a full life. Follow your passions. Break free from the false truths you were taught in different areas of your life. Speak to yourself, use affirmations. Say you love you. Spend time with yourself. Care for yourself. Fall in love with your body, soul and mind.

This is the path we all must walk, whether in this life time or the next, but ultimately my hearts says: WE WILL ALL BE SET FREE, FOR I BELIEVE IN LOVE.

Keith Densley Vries [signed].

AilahEvelynMae says...

Hi there, Ellie-Mae here for a quick review!

Wishing you a happy day/evening/morning/night/whatever is applicable to your part of the world! First off, please remember that my reviews are my own opinions :) I’ll give honest feedback, but nothing at all is intended to hurt or discourage you in any way at all! <3 So, without waiting any longer, let’s get right into it and digest the spectabulous piece of literary work!

I really enjoyed reading this. is is very thoughtful and filled with emotion. I love that you are able to use your words to describe so much in such a limited amount of text. this is truly beautiful and I love it. You have a great ability tp convey your emotions through text!!!!!!! <3

Ellie

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:53 am
BluesClues wrote a review...

I like this in as far as the diction goes, but if you're calling it a dramatic poem then it should be in a more poem-y format. However, that's the only comment I have to give, so other than that - good job. :) I especially liked the "cry my brothers, cry my sisters" line.

~Blue

If I were a girl in a book, this would all be so easy.
— Jo March