Home » Literary works » Novel / Chapter » General

Life Is But A Dream: Prologue

by MyLifeMyStory

Prologue

Everyone alive has a life of some extent. Or corse all of us do. Even I do. However, we all know that life is unfair. Life is filled with misfortune. Life is a mystery that cannot be unfolded. This is a novel dedicated to a life that has such a small existence, but this life feels the pain and anguish that any human does.

Okay...so this one of the smallest prologues that I've ever run into here...aand its also got a sort of reflection that I don't believe I've managed to run into before either. It makes for an interesting little monologue of sorts here...although I will say I'm a little bit doubtful about the power that it commands as a prologue, cause it doesn't quite seem enough here. I feel like you'd need to mention a bit more to get a reader interested in reading things here.

Okay...but delving deeper into what we've got going on here anyway, it seems that we've got a character that is not the biggest fan of life in general and has perhaps suffered a decent bit in their life here. You can sense that they've gone through some pretty tough times in life from what is being said here, and that does manage to get our attention and perhaps make us want to learn a bit more, but then its also slightly too generic there to truly get enough for us to fully want to continue to find out more.

At any rate, this isn't a bad prologue, it just needs to be fleshed out a teensy bit more before it can truly be effective. :D

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:28 pm
XxMattxX wrote a review...

MyLifeMyStory wrote:Prologue

Everyone alive has a life of some extent .

- This seems a bit redundant.
What are you trying to say exactly? It is obvious that those who are alive are living, but do you mean they "have a life" or something like that?
MyLifeMyStory wrote: #BF4000 ">Of course all of us do.
Even I do.
However, we all know that life is unfair. Life is filled with misfortune. Life is a mystery that cannot be unfolded.

You don't really need to put "however" there. it sounds much smoother without it.

How about this...
Prologue

Everyone has a life to some extent.
Of course we do.
All of us do- including me.
We all know that life is unfair. Life is filled with misfortune. It is mystery that is yet to be unraveled.
*This is a novel dedicated to a life that has such a small existence, but this life feels the pain and anguish that any human does.

* I didn't change that sentence, but I'd remove it, if i were you. It makes it seem more like a summary or forward, rather than a prologue.

Prologues are more like a pre-scene? from the story from the point of view of one of the characters, or the narrator. The reader isn't really supposed to be told in the story that it is a novel.
( maybe you could place it as a dedication)

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:41 pm
GreenEyes wrote a review...

This is a really good introduction to a story, it's obviously short, so a wee bit harder to review, but I'll do my best! First of all I think that

MyLifeMyStory wrote:Even I do
is a bit of a strange line to put in in the context, as we would normally expext someone to have a life. This might of course make more sense if I read the rest of the story, but right now, I don't fully understand that line. Second point is
MyLifeMyStory wrote:Or corse all of us do
I can see a typo there but that is probably unintentional, but I would also change it to 'Of course we all do' I think that flows a bit better. Thirdly and lastly;
MyLifeMyStory wrote:but this life feels the pain and anguish that any human does.
I might change this to 'but this is a life that...' or something similar. I think that would also flow better. Hope this has been helpful to you, and look forward to reading the rest of this!!

Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
— Dr. Seuss