Home » Literary works » Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction

Soldiers

by DAISYtheauthor

"It's been been 18 years since I first saw his face...

Now I regret seeing him again because I know I just killed his heart."

Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:45 am

Okayy....so this has to be the shortest piece that I've ever come across here, well barring the one sentence stories that very rarely pop up. This one is certainly surprising because it doesn't seem to be explicitly stated as a short piece, in fact it seems this is pretty much the same as the summary you have for this piece so I'm wondering if this was a bit of a mistake, but umm, I'm going to try and tell you what I think about this anyway.

Okayy...so right away with the title and the tone here we get a sense that this is about someone that perhaps went away from a lover of some sort due to a war. Its hard to pinpoint what sort of war could keep people apart for eighteen years because that seems a little on the longer side, but otherwise the main tone is pretty clear there.

Moving onto the more lover aspect of this we have the mention of a potentially broken heart. Now that is interesting. As a sort of premise almost, this line here has a pretty good amount of meaning, someone returning after a long break due some kind of war only to run into some sort of heartbreak possibly because others have moved on. It does make for an interesting little piece at any rate.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:00 pm
fictionfanatic says...

What you wrote on here is short and yet interesting.

What you wrote on the attachment (I don't know if I was supposed to read that, but I did) is even better.

I love it already. PM me when you come out with more.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss