Hidden emotion- Comments wanted please!

by Angel17

I can't help looking at you, but when you look at me I turn away.
I feel so shy when I catch your eye,
But I can't help looking at you.
Do you feel the same?
I'm too afraid to know.
Am I falling for you, or is it just a crush?
Should I listen to my head or is my heart what I should trust?
As I look at your innocent smile and beautiful eyes
I see deep thoughts and hidden lies.
Why do I feel this way, why are words hard to say?
Maybe I'll know in time, when maybe you'll be mine.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:05 pm
jessRD says...

I do not understand how the idea of love can be clichéd. With such a judgment you won't be writing at all stating that everything has been said already before. I do like the line "I feel so shy when I catch your eye": perfect rhyme! We need more creative writers at http://pimion.com for client's orders to be unique and special.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:22 am
yoha_ahoy says...

Sorry to say, but the idea is very stereotypical. Nothin new to anyone. It's cliched... ugh I hate using or hearing that word but it is. I personally didn't like all the questions in it. It's ok.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:08 pm
Boni_Bee wrote a review...

Wow, I can really relate to this poem!!! It was nice a short and sweet, and I don't think I could have done it any better....lol...we must have something in common! :wink: Yeah, as soon as I read this poem, I was like...hang on, that sounds like me!!! :wink:

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:34 am
Brian wrote a review...

To capitilize the 'I' or not to; that is the question your poem presents! Go with one or the other, but don't go with both. My suggestion: capitalize all 'I's.' A lower case 'I' is just way too conspicious.

I think that is a very personal piece, and thus it's hard to relate to or even review. Your describing emotions from within, and posing questions that you're trying to answer. It's a good glimpse into another soul, but it's hard to relate to.

Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:11 pm
Amice wrote a review...

Your rhythm (is there any?) is sporadic

Your innocent smile and beautiful eyes
Gives me a funny feeling inside

These lines are cliché

Overall... simple, short, and sweet :)

-Amice-

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom