z

Young Writers Society



Dont have tittle...

by armonia


>Personally I hardly get this poem, I just sat down one day and wrote it. So i figured I would put it on here just because i can. to get your suggestions.

I can’t see,
I can’t hear,
I can’t smell.
It makes my life a living hell.

I can’t feel,
I can’t touch,
To do these things,
Is that to much?

I sit and do nothing,
For nothing is all I can do.

You can see,
You can hear,
You can smell,
You do these things and all too well.

You can feel,
You can touch,
And you do these things all to much.

You always do something,
For something is what you do.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
266 Reviews


Points: 1726
Reviews: 266

Donate
Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:21 pm
backgroundbob wrote a review...



I'd tend to go with OUAD and RiverGirl: it was just too repetitive. There are times when simple works, well, but this just keeps repeating a phrase.

It's just my opinion, but I think you need to use more graphic language: at the moment, there's nothing that conjured up an image or association in my head, and until you can do that, they're just words on a page.




User avatar
202 Reviews


Points: 1040
Reviews: 202

Donate
Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:33 pm
Angel17 wrote a review...



I liked and understood this poem. It was quite good.

I can’t feel,
I can’t touch,
To do these things,
Is that to much?

This was the only part i didn't like though, I didn't really get the last line. I thought the repition added a good effect to the piece but it could be developed by creating some imagery. :D




User avatar
3821 Reviews


Points: 3891
Reviews: 3821

Donate
Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:46 am
Snoink says...



For a title, I would suggest "Senses Revoked." Why? Because it sounds friggin' awesome.




User avatar
93 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 93

Donate
Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:05 pm
Ieatworms says...



The repetition and rhyming sequences were a bit too Suessical to me. However, you did leave me with questions dangling, and that is a good thing. Why can't you? Who can, and why?




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 335

Donate
Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:10 am
Fireweed wrote a review...



it was a bit too repetive too really hold my attention for very long. anaphora can be very effective, but its easy to take it too far.i know because i do all the time.

blackrose said: "it make sense in a deep, spiritually tiring way..."

i think thats the perfect way to put it.

i do like this though, especially the 1st stanza. i think it could easily be improved by making it more complex, add some detail, some imagery, metaphors, ect.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 40

Donate
Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:41 am
Once Upon A Dream wrote a review...



I think you could go a lot deeper with some of the ideas in this piece. The language you chose doesn't do your thoughts credit at all. I would get out of the "I can't...I can't...I can't.../you can...you can...you can..." pattern. Use richer language, be specific, and really explore your thoughts on paper with this.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 1160

Donate
Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:34 am
Elizabeth wrote a review...



It made sense in a deep spiritually tiring way....
Other than that it was obliviously confusing.
And yes i know obliviously doesn't belong there but live with it, I like that word.
And it was an OK poem... lately my thougsh have been about piecing Tetris pieces together (O_O) TURN TURN RIGHT RIGHT DOWN YES!!!





Hearing these stories makes me realize that I never did anything with my childhood.
— The Internet