z

Young Writers Society



They

by cathy


He was here,
She was there,
Sitting together
In a chair.
Not speaking,
Or looking.
But acknowledging both,
The two of them could be so close.

All the eyes were staring.
Thinking much the same.
But they could not see it.
They could not name.
They feelings between them,
They were there.

But who would tell them?
Who would care?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
915 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 915

Donate
Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:49 am
Incandescence wrote a review...



The descriptions and underwrought emotion are too much. This has all been said before in about the same words. "Sitting together / in a chair" is enough to make any poet or reader stop reading immediately. The rest doesn't get much better. If you're going to write about love, it's going to have to be much fresher: either dramatically improved imagery and language or a metaphor that masks this.

Also, I don't really care what this poem's about, specifically. And the language isn't interesting enough to make me want to find out.




User avatar
170 Reviews


Points: 1090
Reviews: 170

Donate
Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:36 am
antigone says...



I liked this. The rhyming is really well done and not distracting, and it has a kind of quietness I really like. Or something. The last two lines are nicely cynical.




User avatar
94 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 94

Donate
Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:42 am
Jojo says...



By me, tis' truly wonderful.
The feeling between the two have been beautifully put.
The inconsequence of their feelings have been ultra-beautifully put.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 31

Donate
Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:05 am
cathy says...



Because they don't know how each other feel, and are both inconvenient. I wrote three short poems about the same thing, and I hope this one is my best. I might sent in the others, but I don't know.




User avatar
447 Reviews


Points: 2340
Reviews: 447

Donate
Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:15 pm
Duskglimmer wrote a review...



Honestly, the opening (ie the first two lines) reminded me of Avril's Sk8ter Boi, and I got a little hung up on that *curses her obsessive mind*

But I liked the first stanza a lot. The second and third stanzas confused me a little, and I'm not sure I get why the needed someone else to tell them what was going on between them.





To answer before listening—that is folly and shame.
— Proverbs 18:13