z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

morning will arrive with the courage to throw away your colorful store-bought flowers

by LadyBug



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 1976
Reviews: 18

Donate
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:33 pm
View Likes
HeartPermits wrote a review...



Hi!!

This: was a great poem. You packed so many emotions in a few sentences which does two things:
-It impacts us much more but
-It is also a bit confusing at times.

I think you did great in encapsulating your own feelings. This is the goal of a poem so congratulations. It was also really pretty (the words you chose seem like the good ones, you couldnt have been more precise). But you also have to communicate your feelings to us readers. I love when things are specific but you could have made your descriptions a little less heavy. I think you also would need to work on your punctuation to help with taking in the informations.

Overall I liked the lexical fields of color, and the scene set from night to morning. I liked the second to last line, though I'd say I'm a bit disappointed with the last line, as it seems disconnected from the rest of the poem.

Congratulations this is a really good one!




User avatar
1260 Reviews


Points: 1630
Reviews: 1260

Donate
Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:51 am
View Likes
Elinor wrote a review...



Hello LadyBug!

I'm Elinor, and I hope you're having a great evening. I thought I would drop in to give you a quick review. This was a fantastic poem-- thank you for sharing this with the site. As Starling mentioned in their comment, there's a lot that you get across with so little.

Your first line is fantastic. I think we've all had to make late night runs to a drugstore for some reason or another, so I felt like I was there in that time and place with the narrator. Your next two lines are also very good, but there is where I start to lose a little bit of my sense of time and place. There's no sense that she has left the drugstore, so I imagine her wiping off the lipstick stains right then and there, which probably isn't what you intended. The second part of your third line "until it was my biggest inconvenience" -- I'm not really sure what this is supposed to evoke.

You get back on track with the last two stanzas, though. We don't know why this connection ended, but we don't need to. This is also a small and personal note, but I wonder if changing the last part to just "please let me forget" might give it more impact.

Overall, this a really strong piece that anyone who has gone through heartbreak can relate to.

Thanks for sharing, and I hope you have a great night!

Keep writing,
Elinor




User avatar


Points: 50
Reviews: 1

Donate
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:03 am
View Likes
Starling1105 says...



This is so short and simple, yet so filled with emotion. Is this a narrative poem? It is very well written in a way that is deep but also surface. Keep Working on your writing as this could have some improvement in formatting, but other than that, it is great!





#longlivebigbrother
— alliyah