12+ Violence Mature Content

Dark stories to read whenever and wherever

by vampricone6783

*Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy these four short Halloween themed stories I made!

1.THE MANSION ON CHERRY LANE

Once upon a time, there were three teenage girls:One was named Andrea, the second Elina, and finally Anika. They were driving to a party.

But it was the wrong night to drive.

"I can't see anything! It's too stormy!" yelled Andrea, the driver.

"JUST DRIVE!" Elina and Anika yelled from the back.

Just as they said that, the car flipped in the air and landed with a thud on the ground. Smoke was billowing from the car.

They were alive, but in no condition to drive.

"Where are we?" Andrea and Elina asked. They were standing in front of an old, abandoned, mansion. It looked like it hadn't been taken care of for years.

Anika was walking towards it.

"ANIKA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" The other two girls shouted.

"Maybe somebody can help us." She answered calmly.

"Are you crazy?! How can anyone help us?! NO one lives there!" The girls yelled, exasperated.

"Doesn't look like we have much of a choice. I don't think we'd get any signal here." Anika said.

Andrea and Elina tried calling people on their phones, but Anika was right. There was no signal.

So the three girls walked up to the mansion.

Anika tried knocking.

Nothing.

She tried again.

Still nothing.

The girls were about to give up, when, all of a sudden, the door slowly creaked open.

A pale teenage boy with raven hair and devil eyes emerged from the darkness.

"You may enter." He said in a voice that could have belonged to a skeleton. It sounded old and dusty.

"I don't like this." said Elina.

"Isn't this the part in horror movies when the victims step on their deathbed?" Andrea asked uncertainly.

"It's shelter! So let's go!" Anika yelled.

For the second time that day, the girls reluctantly followed her.

"Is there an upstairs bedroom?" Andrea and Elina asked the strange boy. They had to go upstairs, they had to get away from him.

"There is an upstairs bedroom, of course." The boy said in an ominous tone.

"It's located in the right." He added.

The two girls went upstairs, while Anika stayed behind and had dinner with him. Well, she had dinner. He just drank a red liquid out of a wine glass.

"So how did you end up here?" He asked.

"We were trying to get to a party, but then our car crashed in this crazy weather! We're lucky to have stumbled upon this place, or else we would have been lost." Anika confessed.

"Yes, you're very lucky..." The boy trailed off.

Lighting stroke.

The rain was coming down harder now, and the boy had an evil grin on his face.

She tried calling for help, but no could hear her over the storm.

She tried running out the front door, but it slammed in front of her.

The windows and doors were locked. Everything was locked.

Everything.

He was now inches from her face.

A clock struck midnight.

He opened his mouth wide..

...really wide...

...two fangs emerged..

...he began sucking her blood...

She screamed.

It was so loud and bloodcurdling, it could've waken the dead.

Her friends ran down the stairs, but it was already too late.

The vampire boy was gone.

All they saw was her dead body, lying on the ground like a rag doll.

They never understood what happened and they didn't tell anyone about Anika's death.

Many people thought she disappeared, never to be seen again.

But if cars were to pass the house on Cherry Lane, they would hear the screams of Anika, playing out over and over again, like a broken music box, haunting the mansion.

*That story above came from the fact there is a street called “Cherry Lane” where I live. It’s a regular street, but it sounded like the name of a street that would have a haunted mansion. Hence, this story.

2.THE TWO TEENS AND THEIR MISTAKE

Once upon a time, in a Halloween that took place many years ago, there were two friends. One was a fifteen year old boy named Leo. The other was a fourteen year old girl named Lulu. Leo was dressed as a vampire, while Lulu dressed as a doll.

They didn't want to go to the Halloween party, the one the popular kid at their school hosted.

They wanted to trick or treat.

After a while of trick-or-treating, they got tired of going to houses.

"Where shall we go now? We trick or treated all the houses in our neighborhood." Lulu said.

"Then, we go to another neighborhood." He answered calmly.

"But that's dangerous! What if we get lost?" She asked uncertainly.

"Don't worry. We won't." He reassured her.

But they did.

"I told you!" She yelled.

"Hey, don't yell at me!" He cried.

"YOU DESERVE IT!" She shrieked.

Just then, a young man walked up to them.

"Are you lost?" He asked.

"Yes!" said Lulu.

"No!" Leo yelled defiantly.

"Can you help us?" She asked.

"Sure. Just go in my house and wait there." The man replied.

"There's something I don't like about that guy." Leo whispered.

"You're the one who got us into this mess! If anyone wants to help us, then, by all means, let them!" Lulu yelled back.

The two kids waited for what seemed like forever.

"Maybe we should try to find our way back on our own. He's not showing up." Leo said.

"Let's just stay." Lulu snapped.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps, followed by shrill laughter.

"Who's there?" The kids asked.

"Just me." The man laughed evilly.

Then he grabbed the two teens and got ready to bite Lulu.

"You're...You're...a VAMPIRE!" Leo screamed.

"Yes, and after I'm done with your friend here, you're next!" The man laughed.

The boy tried to save Lulu, but there was no luck.

Soon after, his blood got sucked.

Now, every Halloween, when night falls, an evil cackle fills the air, followed by gut wrenching screams from the adolescents.

3.THE COUNT

Once upon a time, there was a Count. He was a kind and caring man.

Not his son.

He thought his Dad was being too nice. He thought that he was being ridiculous.

Now, his son tried convincing him that he was being absurd ,that it was ridiculous to care for others. But, he didn't listen.

He had enough at age sixteen.

So when his Dad "tragically died", he became the new Count. So, he threw a celebration for him becoming Count.

He invited everyone in his village to come.

Of course, when one travels from different parts of a village, one grows hungry.

This was happening with the guests.

They waited for hours, and nothing was served.

Finally, a young girl got the courage to ask him.

You see, he has a reputation for scaring, and possibly hurting, people. No one knew why. Some thought he was the devil. Others thought he was just a kid. Albeit a kid who loved the sight of violence and pain.

"What is for dinner?" She asked.

"Why, you're the dinner!" He laughed evilly.

The vampire Count then sucked her blood, and the others too, enjoying the screams ofthe silly humans as they watched their own blood pool out on the floor, like a cursed pool of despair and death.

4.THE HOUSE

Once upon a time, there was a house on a hill. The house was abandoned, but people could hear the screams of a little girl.

No one knows who she is. But people think she haunts the house because she could never get over the death of her family.

They all died of a terrible illness. So, she thought that anyone who entered the house should die.

But next to the house was a summer camp. In the girls cabin, there were three girls conversing.

One was daring the other two to enter the house. Her name was Amelia.

"Come on, it's just a house! What? Are you chicken?" She challenged.

"No." said the other two, Katherine and Maria.

"Then go in it!" She shrieked.

"But-"

"Now!"

So, when night fell, they snuck in the house. It was dark, slimy, and dusty. They immediately regretted entering.

"We should go back." said Katherine nervously.

"Yeah.” agreed Maria.

But as they turned to leave, the door slammed on them.

"YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!" shrieked a voice.

It was the voice of a little girl. Her ghost looked like a shadow. Undistinguishable, but terrifying.

"YOU'RE REAL!" The girls screamed.

"YES AND YOU'RE DEAD!" The little one yelled.

The girls never returned to the summer camp.

No one knows what happened to them...

Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:23 am
ariah347 wrote a review...

Wow! These Halloween-themed stories demonstrate your creativity and ability to suspend readers into haunting narratives. Each tale carries a chilling atmosphere and kept me engaged with unexpected twists and turns. The use of a range of supernatural elements kept the Halloween theme alive throughout. Each story successfully evokes a sense of eeriness and left me pondering the characters' fates. Reminded me of the spirit of the creepy tales of Hans Christians Anderson. Definitely a good read for all those who celebrate spooky season year round :)

Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:22 pm
ccarson wrote a review...

-Cleo Carson speaking
*Spooky Scary Skeletons intensifies*

Everything is properly formatted from what I could see. Also story 4 is the exact crap I'd get myself into. Really enjoyable, lots of yelling and screaming though. Overall I'd say it's a good start!

-Corp. C. Carson
-[REDACTED] County Sheriff's Office

Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:00 pm
C1oudyC1oudy wrote a review...

This is a cool story! I love all the vampires. Personally, I like the first one the best, especially the last paragraph where you described it as a broken music box.

One thing I noticed about the first story is that they speak at the same time a lot and they're a lot alike. Maybe give them their own dialogue and actions? I would also suggest being more descriptive, there are a lot of the same words like yelling and it would be scarier if you described things like an evil glint in the eyes or sunken eyes and protruding cheekbones. The little details too, like how they walk or how their eyes flickered everywhere.

Overall I enjoyed reading this, horror stories are so fun to read.

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn