Why I Don't Write Humor Anymore

by Horisun

I've gotten a lot worse at
Joking, laughing, reaching out
But that's okay, 'cause at least
I'm not so obnoxious now

If I don't say anything
People can't ever hate me
If I cover up my face
People won't find me ugly

They won't tell me to shut up
If I rarely try to speak
But even if I slip up
My voices will remind me

And should I think nasty thoughts
I'll do charitable things
Then maybe I can repent
For that who I really am

And should those actions fail me
And I say something so dumb
I guess people will hate me
And I can hardly blame them

Apehdavid2 wrote a review...

Good job, reaching out might be most times stressful, people tend to judge and misjudge you and they are mostly wrong incorrect. I liked the part you said if I cover my face people won't find me ugly. But bitter truth is we are naive as humans and even though with a masked face some might still assume one ugly. But overall I see where you're going with this write up. Have s nice day

Fri May 20, 2022 11:42 am
BurnblazeX wrote a review...

I quite like this!
Its quite interesting to see other people also go through similar situations to mine.
Some of the rhymes you used were nice:
"me" "ugly"
While not perfect, I understand that this was meant for yourself and not others so its fine. And yea, poetry doesnt always have to rhyme anyway.
Why I find most appealing about this is that its short, concise and grounded. There arent many, if any, big metaphors at the surface. Most people can read this and understand the gist of it.
Whcih brings me to the end. There isnt much to say for something as short as this. But its still quite nice.

Horisun says...

Thank you for the review : )

Ha! Relatable and funny.I feel this way a lot actually.My sense of humor is..odd.When I tell jokes some people give me a look.Honsetly,it’s frustrating because these are just jokes.Not who I really am! Of course I don’t want anyone to get hurt! But yeah great poem like always.I’ve read some of your poems.I hope that you have an amazing and fun day and night.

You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind