z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Sweater’s Holes

by Rosewood


Thrifted,

made warm; well,

striped, a pop of color blooms but

the wool slips over.

Sliding,

enveloping heat escapes and

my head pops out;

a new perspective.

Breathing,

the scent of another,

you can see

the memories of past.

Gliding,

hand traces the fabric;

searching the sleeve and

grazing the edge.

Falling,

right in place,

into the the hole

of where another thumb had been.

Thrifted,

but a story of its own

for you can fit just so;

into another’s heart.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 5
Reviews: 21

Donate
Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:01 pm
View Likes
RainbowCereal wrote a review...



I very much liked this! Nothing to complain about; all in all, I think this is a very gentle piece, and I feel like I can feel the element of emotional warmth that went into it.

All of the language you use is very smooth and kind, and I enjoyed the little pieces of another person's perspective! You can feel, through the person who has the sweater now, where it had been previously loved and worn as the character explores and finds these little pieces of evidence.

A good piece that I smiled reading and that also made me wonder about the person who had this sweater before, good job! Keep up the good work!!




User avatar
110 Reviews


Points: 83
Reviews: 110

Donate
Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:42 pm
illy7896 wrote a review...



I don't have any complaints with this poem, in my opinion it captures what it is to live and experience somebody else's life whilst experiencing your own.

Starting with the ambience of the poem, each word that you have used to open a verse gives a very relaxed, calm and controlled idea. "Breathing" and "Gliding" perfectly fit with the word "thrifted" because they both carry the same message of peacefulness.

The quote "searching the sleeve and grazing the edge" implies a sense of playfulness and testing boundaries and playing with reality, which represents the theme of clothing and of perfection within the material world. "For you can fit just so; into another's hearts" also does this, as it emphasises how sometimes the things we possess reflect on our own inner beings.

Well done!




Rosewood says...


Aw thank you so much!!!!



User avatar
961 Reviews


Points: 119
Reviews: 961

Donate
Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:25 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 says...



Ah,such a cute tale on a sweater! When getting items from a thrift shop,sometimes you’ll wonder what stories they have on them.That’s with anything.When you get a new house that has been around for years,you’ll wonder if there were families who shared memories in the house.That’s just one thing.Overall,I really enjoyed this.I hope you have a lovely and wonderful day and night.




Rosewood says...


Thank you for your review! I appreciate it!



User avatar
961 Reviews


Points: 119
Reviews: 961

Donate
Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:25 pm
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



Ah,such a cute tale on a sweater! When getting items from a thrift shop,sometimes you’ll wonder what stories they have on them.That’s with anything.When you get a new house that has been around for years,you’ll wonder if there were families who shared memories in the house.That’s just one thing.Overall,I really enjoyed this.I hope you have a lovely and wonderful day and night.





"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
— Albus Dumbledore