Perfect is Imperfect

by anne27

I wonder what it would be to be perfect

Being someone

Who knew everything

Who could do anything

Who was constantly happy

Who was calm and composed

At all times.

-

Or in other words

A life without

Any curiosity to explore new things

Challenges in doing new things

Experiencing happiness in your tears sometimes

Or any possible spiritual growth!

-

How wonderful a life would that be!

Or how dull and boring?!

LadyTano wrote a review...

Goodday, Anne!

First of all, I have to say that I loved Encanto and I think it's amazing that you wrote a poem inspired by it! This poem reminded me of the song Mirabelle sings right after Antonio's gift ceremony (I think it's called Waiting on a Miracle).
So in the first stanza of the poem, the person wonders what it could be like to be perfect, but in the second stanza of the poem, the person realizes what it would be like to be perfect. And in the third stanza, the first line reflects the first stanza, and the second line reflects the second stanza, and I think that's very clever!
While I was reading the poem, it reminded me of what Mirabelle thinks about her sister, Isabela. I think the title (Perfect is Imperfect) accurately reflects the poem.
Overall, I like this poem a lot, and I would love to read more of your poetry!

-Lady Tano

anne27 says...

Thanks for the review LadyTano! <3

Oh,cool poem! I actually watched Encanto and I loved it! This is nice and true.I feel like most people have felt like Mirabel,wondering if it were better to be someone magical and fantastic,yet,we’re so much better being our imperfect selves.We’re so much better being who we are,everyone matters.This was a lovely and awesome poem! I hope you have a wonderful and amazing day and night.

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare