z

Young Writers Society



Naked Eye

by pineapple321


He was tall

Like the mountains

And she was not small

She was 5'3 and counting

-

His eyes were the color of the raging sea

Her's were the color of honey

She sought to travel free

And he wanted only money

-

The two were polar opposites

Like and fire and ice

She was full of confidence

And he always thought twice

Though, you'd never see it

Not with a naked eye

There is a fire lit

In both of their hearts, you know what I imply

-

There's love between them

You'd never see with a naked eye


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 1367
Reviews: 29

Donate
Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:39 pm
View Likes
Shayna Basu wrote a review...



Hey there!!!!

Its a beautiful poem to believe that opposites attract and fall in love ......Your poem almost surely instils trust in true love between opposites and defies the fact that being opposite do means being incompatible ....Overall its a fun and loving poem to read which is well decorated with the nature imageries and metaphors like raging sea and tall mountains and fire and ice ...
It also offers to inform readers that true love between opposites is tricky and hard to detect with our naked eyes intending that sometimes what is shown isn't exactly what the matter is ....its way deeper and passionate than that...


Well done!!!!




pineapple321 says...


Thank you so much for this kind review!



User avatar
58 Reviews


Points: 226
Reviews: 58

Donate
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:42 pm
View Likes



Nice concept :) I really enjoyed it x




pineapple321 says...


I'm glad!



User avatar
1485 Reviews


Points: 154066
Reviews: 1485

Donate
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:19 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame wrote a review...



Hey there, Icy stopping by for a quick review :)

I like that you've used a lot of nature imagery throughout this, it helps tie the different stanzas together. I think in some places the imagery could be stronger though, for instance the raging sea was particularly powerful - the adjective makes it flow together so well. Maybe that's something that could be applied to the ice and fire too?

You also switch tenses as you continue throughout the poem. I'm not sure if that was intentional, but I found it a little jarring, especially as there doesn't seem to be a clear reason for it?

Overall though, an enjoyable read - thanks for sharing :)




pineapple321 says...


Thank you so much for your review :D



User avatar


Points: 0
Reviews: 0

Donate
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:25 am
View Likes
Funtimesunshine says...



It flowed and then it didn’t but then it did. Overall I liked it the message is cute we love a polar opposite trope!!




pineapple321 says...


Thank you :D




"You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up."
— Metatron