Into the Unknown

by TheWordsOfWolf

Into the unknown 

Step out onto the waves

I don't know what I'll face

But I know I'm not alone

So I will not fear 

As I walk

Into the unknown 

Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:16 am
WrenZorya wrote a review...

Hey there, and good morning/ afternoon/ evening/ night/ or whenever it is in your corner of the dimension! Wren here for a little review!

This is a spectacular poem! It’s short and sweet, and it has a really hopeful tone to it. It seems like the writer is getting more confident with each line. It was very inspiring!

Thank you, and keep up the fantastic work!

Thank youuuuuu

WinnyWriter wrote a review...

Hey, there! This is an inspiring little poem. I like how you began and ended it with the same line. My preference would be including a period at the very end, but do what you want with it. I personally think a period at the end would add a sense of finality to the poem. It would serve to show distinctly that the poem has ended, as well as possibly adding effect to the narrator's determination.

Your format is clear, and your spelling and grammar are on track. I enjoy this topic and the sense of pressing on that you've conveyed. Poetry is a beautiful art, and you've done well with it here. Keep it up! :)

Hey thanks so much for the review!
I like your suggestion and will edit the poem to include that!

Roosky28 says...

Hey! So I really like the feel of this poem. I'm getting extreme Frozen 2 vibes from it lol. Just wanted to say I really enjoyed it.

Hey, thanks! Frozen 2 again.... hehehe maybe I should watch that so I actually know what y'all are talking about

TrinityPoeting wrote a review...

Hello wolf! Nicole here with a short review!

First impressions: ooh, i really like this poem! I thought it worked really well. And the topic was great. It's a bit short, but i like it that way.

Things to improve: you're pretty good here. The one tiny thing i did notice was when you said:

''don't know what I'l face

But I know I'm not alone''

It should be "i'll'' not i'l. But that's just a small typo.

Hope this review helped!

-Nicole

Hey, thanks for the review! And thank you for pointing out that spelling error. I am famously a god awful speller although I didn't think I was at the point of spelling three letter words wrong... anyway it has since been fixed. Thanks again!

HikariHateke wrote a review...

Hello! Hikari here with a review!

Let's get right into it shall we?

My first impression was that this was gonna be something frozen related lol but you surprised me with this wonderful poem!

Though I'm pretty sure the word I'l is supossed to be spelled I'll?

Anyways I love the vibes you made for this story it sounds like just a bit of hesitation but with confidence because as said in that forth line

{But I know I'm not alone}

at least that's how I see it! Anyways i enjoyed your peom, kudos! ❤

Hello, thanks for the review! A few people mentioned the movie Frozen after reading this, I actually have no idea what the relation is since i have had absolutely so exposure to the film. Thank you for pointing out that spelling error it was since been fixed.
I love your interpretation of the poem!
Thanks again

-Wolf

Here's the lyrics:
Into the unknown
Into the unknown
Into the unknown
(Oh)
I can hear you but I won't
Some look for trouble while others don't
There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day
And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh
Whoa
You're not a voice, you're just a ringing in my ear
And if I heard you, which I don't, I'm spoken for I fear
Everyone I've ever loved is here within these walls
I'm sorry, secret siren, but I'm blocking out your calls
I've had my adventure, I don't need something new
I'm afraid of what I'm risking if I follow you
Into the unknown
Into the unknown
Into the unknown
(Oh)
(Oh)
What do you want? 'Cause you've been keeping me awake
Are you here to distract me so I make a big mistake?
Or are you someone out there who's a little bit like me?
Who knows deep down I'm not where I'm meant to be?
Every day's a little harder as I feel your power grow
Don't you know there's part of me that longs to go
Into the unknown?
Into the unknown
Into the unknown
(Oh)
(Oh)
Whoa
Are you out there?
Do you know me?
Can you feel me?
Can you show me?
ooh
(Ah) ooh
(Ah) ooh
(Ah) ooh
(Ah) ooh
(Ah) ooh
Where are you going? Don't leave me alone
How do I follow you
Into the unknown?

Plume wrote a review...

Hey there, and happy RevMo! Plume here, with a review!

I'm not going to lie, when I first read the title of your poem, the first thing that popped into my head was the song from Frozen II, but yours certainly delivered something new to the table! I think the flow of it was on point. It was short but sweet, and I think it was a lovely little short read! Nice work!

I really loved the sort of... circular structure this poem had. Starting and ending with the same line can either turn out really nicely or really terribly, but I think you managed to pull it off! I loved the direction you took with it; I went in expecting a poem about uncertainty and anxiety and instead I was received by something surprisingly comforting! I love the way you've interpreted the phrase throughout the poem.

One thing I wondered about was your capitalization at the beginning of each line. You capitalize all the lines except the second to last one. I'm not sure if that was intentional or if it was just an oversight, but I feel like I can't find a good reason as to why it should be capitalized. You don't use any punctuation in this poem, too, so it's not like there are places where capitalization would necessarily be correct or incorrect, but I just think it's better to be consistent. But if you do have a reason for it to not be capitalized I'd love to hear it!!

Overall: nice work! I really loved your poem, and I hope to read more of your work sometime soon! Until next time!!

Hello, thanks for the review! I am unaware of the connection to Frozen II but people keep mentioning it so I'm just a bit confused... The only reason I had in not capitalizing the second to last line is that it was kind of a continuation of the previous line but I really should have added a comma to make that clear. I have edited it to capitalize that line. Thank you for pointing that out! Thanks again for the review

-
Wolf

AilahEvelynMae wrote a review...

Hi there! This is a lovely poem, thank you so much for sharing.

The whole thing seems to flow nicely. I really liked that :)

It’s hard for me to decide what my favourite part is, because it is all so lovely <3

I love the uncertainty of “I don’t know what I’ll face” followed by the certainty of “but I KNOW I’m not alone”. Being able to say that you will now fear is powerful.

This is beautiful, thank you for sharing <3

Ellie

I have writer's block. I can't write. It is the will of the gods. Now, I must alphabetize my spice rack.
— Neil Gaiman