z

Young Writers Society


18+

The Rick End of Morty (Ending to Rick and Morty?)

by Lionhero333


Warning: This work has been rated 18+.

Ok so, I had just been thinking a little about this show. We can all agree that it has been something amazing. It's storytelling its raw-ness and unapologetic way of story telling is near South Park God Level. Although some say its dying down with the long breaks and Incest Baby (which I see nothing wrong because I know what Im getting when I watch this show) people thinking its dumbing down to meet an audience standard. I mean, most of the science stuff is fake and theoretical soo if you thought you were smart when Rick says Gasorp sorp you might need to look in the mirror.

With this show anything is possible as we can see with Season 5 ep 2 Mortyplicity and Rick's constant lectures about nothing mattering because of multiple universes and all. Everything matters and doesn't everything is and isn't. This show destroys universes and galaxies and hell, Rick could have gotten another Bird Person instead of keeping his same one which, if Rick and Morty is from another universe he ruined (showed in S3 I believe) then why does he care about- ok never mind back to what I was saying....

There are three things that we have NOT seen yet that I think can explain this world and how it will all end... Possibly... In my opinion.

1. Time is never fucked with.

Yes, Rick and Morty move through alternate realities and return to their 2nd home as if nothing happened (also real quick when Rick and Morty go to Atlantis could have been a really good tie-in with Rick's nemesis Andre) but their mostly they return things to normal no matter what.

Examples: in Rickmancing The Stone; when they go to the Apocalypse world during their parents separation. They fix the world restoring a former order, BUT out of greed Rick steals the green rock. Whether on purpose or on accident, the world is restored back to its former.

Also, Rick loves family number 2; he always seems to find a way to make sure they are safe and the status quo is returned.

Morty's place saving belt. Rick was proving a point to Morty in the most asshole way possible, BUT once again time and its flow is restored.

There has yet to be a Rick with his wife alive; not all is possible and if certain things are changed then that could mean no Rick and Morty

Lastly, THERE IS NO ADULT OR TEENAGE MORTY

We've seen the Citadel of Ricks we've seen "Evil Morty", whom I call Good Morty. There is no aging going on, in fact, Rick does as much healing as he does drinking and smoking alien drugs.

Hell, they have the same president.

Also, when they froze time so they could clean the house back in S1-2 they made sure not to do anything else and even nearly died trying to merge worlds when they were lost in uncertainty.

It can be argued that they never fixed their world and their OG family. They killed the weird alien king that tried to rape Morty, and they destroyed the Citadel of Ricks and an Alien planet, though, none if those truly mattered in the spectrum of Rick AND Morty, and one was just a planet.

Rick and Morty have never done anything truly so fucked up with time that it caused them to not exist which brings me to my next conclusion on the duo and their family.

Rick and Morty and their entire family is an anomaly

Beth and Jerry go on a couples therapy planet and have it destroyed because their imaginary views on each other were still co-dependent.

Summer coming on adventures.

Two Beths One Universe.

Jerry surviving anything.

And Rick's god level intelligence.

In the infinity that is Time, there is none like any other than the Sanchez/Smith family.

Beths are adored. Jerrys are hated. Mortys are abused. Summers are neglected. And Ricks are the centerpiece. This family literally balances out the universe.

HOW I THINK RICK & MORTY COULD END.

these past seasons we have seen theme mock their longevity (to the point where it almost ruined it) and Rick nearly dying with Morty in the process. We have also seen Morty try to be more open to others and more involved in dating and making friends. Its no news Morty wants out... Sort've. At least there is some sort of breaking point.

No doubt Morty will eventually tire of life as a sidekick and wish to grow up. I feel "Evil Morty", is merely breaking the tip of the iceberg and true freedom comes when all Mortys Ricks are dead and unable to claim them or portal to another universe which helps continue the cycle of Rick and Morty and keeps infinite amounts of anomalies just as the Citadel and the Evil Ricks plan of torturing Mortys to mask himself. Evil Morty is out to be possibly the only Morty or at least have power a Morty has never had in a , "If you cant beat'em join'em", way.

But yes thats what I see for end of Rick and Morty. Morty has to kill Rick and it has to happen in all universes snd timelines for thr cycle to end. OR all of Beth's Mothers have to live or Beth has to be born a boy but that is out of the question fully because of the cycle that all Ricks need a Kid Morty to survive. Morty is the key to ending the tyrant Rick and peace would be restored as well as time.

(I hope somebody reads this and engages in conversation. I literally have nobody to talk to about this. But it was just a thought I had🤔🤔🤔✌🤓)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1232 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 1232

Donate
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:46 pm
MailicedeNamedy wrote a review...



Hi Lionhero333,

Mailice here with a short review! :D

Let's start right away that I haven't watched Rick and Morty, but I know a little bit what it's about. Since you're not really writing an essay here, but presenting it more in a cynical way, I'm going to focus more on the style and also the structure.

Your first paragraph is very confusing at first glance. You start here from a point of view where you started writing the story here in the first place and then you end it with an extreme about-face that the story is fake in many ways. (At least in the science aspects). On the one hand, it's a good thread about how you get from A to B to C, but it comes across the way you've described it as a way of starting more of an "argument" before the humour comes out of it. From the sound of it, you're going in a different direction than I thought from the title and the categories.

I think it's good that you note some details with the necessary episodes and seasons. I think it's great, especially for the fans, to look up again what exactly happened there. But sometimes you just put the title of an episode (I guess) without the episode number, which would be better to put in brackets.

Your summing up and the arguments seem a bit questionable to me as a non-expert of the series but, I can also see that they are not from the same material than always presenting the same thing. I think you've done that well. In general, I like that your structure is a bit like an essay, where you build up an improvement or your own opinion towards the end. In some places I would recommend you to go into more detail or to insert other examples, but otherwise I think it is well structured.

I'm still questionable about the humour - and I don't think I have the necessary knowledge to make a critique - because I couldn't see it directly here. It seems more like you are criticising some points and presenting your view of things. For me, I think it's great the way it is, but that's why it seems a bit unpolished and I think if you polish some points a bit and keep your opinion until the very end, it looks very solid.

Have fun writing!

Mailice




User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 755
Reviews: 29

Donate
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:28 pm
GoodieGoat wrote a review...



Hello Lionhero my name is GoodieGoat!

I should start out by saying I saw this piece as one of the older ones in the green room which brought me here, nevertheless I know almost nothing about Rick And Morty. As a result I'm probably going to be extremely off-topic.

Out of the three topics that you discussed the one that intrigues me the most is time travel. You discussed how within the show the main characters have manipulated and traveled through time, but have never altered it to the point where there are far reaching effects. In regards to my own fantasy writing I've toyed with the idea of time based magic, or chronomancy to use the fanciful term. Rick and Morty along with other media that is or includes science fiction can be something to study and think about if I ever come to that crossroads.

In preparing for this review I took a dive into satire in case it should prove useful. My reason for doing so being I associate Rick and Morty with bitter, nihilistic humor. It was fun to learn about the three overarching categories of satire. Juvenalian, probably the most in character with the show being characterized by seriousness and dark cynicism. Horatian, which is goofy and lighthearted. And Menippean, which attempts to judge a belief or power system and pass moral judgement over it.

The conclusion you drew of a possible conclusion to the show was compelling. I do know of Evil Morty and I liked your idea of him being foreshadowing for Morty gaining independence over Rick and killing him. This is a feasible way the show could end and would be in keeping with the themes, albeit darker than other outcomes.

I hope you've found these thoughts entertaining or perhaps droll.
Best,
GoodieGoat





I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.
— Sylvia Plath