my inbox

by Plume

Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:23 pm
Coffeeboyjay wrote a review...

hi im here to drop an quick review

so we going to get started

First off wow, i never seen a poem like this before when i read this poem about my inbox i im like wow this poem is about an inbox and when i read it i im like dang but this was actually a good poem called my inbox but you actually did your best the edit and stuff based on the poem you talking about a inbox in the poem

My Compliment is i wanna know who you was inboxing to make a poem about my inbox so what made you wanna do a poem like this i just wanna know cause some of the people on this site would not make a poem about no inbox

How you can improve is make poems about roses or somthing find something that would be good in your poem or try to do an Halloween poem i would be glad to read it when ever you make it

Keep Writing have a nice day!! ~Jay~

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:26 am
anneonomus wrote a review...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! All of the formatting choices elevate this piece from what could've been a very simple poem to a much more intricate and intentional one. Choosing to address the email to "someone@anyone.com" especially adds another layer of meaning to the poem. I know you described this poem as "probably not as deep as you think it is", but honestly the simplicity and surface-level "mundanity" of the poem is what gives it depth. It doesn't dress up the message in pretension, which makes the core of the poem feel humble, relatable, and tangible to the reader.
One thing I noted was the lack of punctuation. You have commas in some places, but no periods. While this is probably a stylistic choice and one that does work well with the sort of "free-form thought" narrative of the poem, it could be interesting to try adding in some periods to chop up the flow a little bit.
Honestly, though, I don't think you really need to change anything about this poem. I don't know if you meant it as a negative but to me the description of "not as deep as you think it is" doesn't do your poem justice— there is depth in simplicity, and this poem certainly isn't shallow. The choices feel careful and deliberate, the imagery is evocative, and the tone shines through in a way that feels real. To top it off, the format is incredibly unique and works with the text of the poem to create one complete piece of postmodern art.

Plume says...

Aww, thank you so much for your review!! A lot of what you said was so sweet. I really appreciate it <3

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:22 am
EllieMae wrote a review...

Wowwowowo! Thais was so extremely unique!! Thank you for sharing!!

I loved the format. I have never seen anything written that way before.

I can tell that you put a lot of work into it but I love the style because it seems so simple and easily written. it’s cool how you’re able to put so much into writing. Sometimes short stories are the most powerful of any kind of writing and I’m so thankful that I got to read yours today. I hope that you have an amazing day!!!!
-Ailaj

Plume says...

Thank you so much for your review!!

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket