12+

The Sorcerers of Hisderat, Chapter 9.2

by HarryHardy

"Alright, time to figure out where in this mall we need to be," said Harry, pulling up the image on his communicator.

"I think that entire first stanza talks about this mall I guess...although maybe this gilded hall is something we need to find," said Rose," although the second one also seems to be trying to tell us about something inside this place."

"Yes that first line definitely mentions that," agreed Terry," maybe this gilded hall, golden dome, all of that refers to some place in here. They both seem like they might be talking about the same place. Considering there's a properly golden theme going on there."

"That does seem like the best way to start off," said Harry, nodding, “why don't you take the lead then?"

"Sure," said Terry, nodding as if he hadn't spotted the obvious attempt at keeping him in sight. He let out a sigh as he took the lead. "If I remember correctly, the library in here has some sort of gold roof I think. There's definitely golden columns from what I remember so that could be what gilded is referring to."

"Hmm...oh wait, that's a solid guess, " said Harry, suddenly looking very excited, "isn't there a domed ceiling in there?"

"Oh my God, yes, there is a dome," said Rose.

Terry smiled and turned to face them. "Lemme look at that verse again."

Harry held up his hand.

"Of course. The home of many a tome, under the golden dome. They practically spelled it out for us. How did we not spot that?" said Terry.

"I guess we were more worried about pizza, lands and plans, those all seemed important," said Harry.

"Oh my god, there it is again," said Rose.

"What?" asked Harry.

"Isn't there a pizza joint like right next to the actual library?" said Rose.

"Oh crap, of course," said Terry, "we definitely need to be inside that library."

"But what about the lands and plans stuff?" asked Harry," that's gotta factor into this somehow as well."

"Well that should reveal itself once we get inside the library. I mean the clues are all very clearly pointing in that direction so it seems like that would be the best option at least for the moment," said Rose.

"Alright then," said Harry. He nodded at Terry. "Lead on them Clarke."

Terry gave a small smile and started in the direction of the library, the two agents trailing behind him, maintaining a noticeable gap with him while ensuring they didn't get lost in the crowd.

The library wasn't far off and sure enough it was right next to a small pizza place. Ignoring the delicious smell coming from there, Terry made his way through the glass doors of the library. Ignore the food Terry. There will be time for that later. It’s not like you haven't gone hungry before.

The library was, unsurprisingly a massive change from the noisy confines of the mall. For starters, there were only a few people browsing the shelves and neither of them were chattering like the hundreds of people outside.

Terry looked up to confirm their theory and sure enough, beyond the tall shelves, lay a beautiful domed ceiling, decorated with several gold inlays.

He turned to see Harry and Rose make their way in, laughing about something or the other.

"Hey, sorry almost got lost in the crowd," said Harry, looking like he was trying very hard to stifle a laugh.

"Sure, you can go with that," said Rose, also struggling to hold in a laugh.

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:39 am
Spearmint wrote a review...

Whoo, I’m back for 9.2! Ah and I wanted to quickly say thank you for all the replies to my reviews— they’re wonderfully encouraging and I really appreciate it!! ^-^ Okay, on to this review…

Here I feel like it might be a good place to bring up some previous adventure of Rose and Harry! Like maybe Rose could say something like, “Oh my God, yes, remember that time we went to that library for (something) mission and (something)? There’s definitely a dome…” I think that’d make it more interesting than simply having Rose agree with Harry, and it’d help emphasize their relationship at the same time. C:

Ignoring the delicious smell coming from there, Terry made his way through the glass doors of the library. Ignore the food Terry. There will be time for that later. It’s not like you haven't gone hungry before.

Wow, Terry has impressive dedication to be able to resist the temptation of pizza xD But I do hope the team’s able to grab a bite later; it’s probably not a good idea to solve riddles on an empty stomach!

It sounds like Harry and Rose are having a good time with each other… that’s awesome for them, though I can’t help feeling a bit bad for Terry and how he’s being left out >.> I hope Terry’s able to get along better with them soon! ^^ team bonding~ :P

Okie, so that’s about it for this review… It seems like the team’s making good progress, and I’m excited to find out where the riddle takes them next! Have an amazing day/night!! =D

HarryHardy says...

Thank youu for the review!!

Oooh great idea there!! This is my first time writing a riddle solving situation..soo...gonna note all these things down to use for when that second riddle gets solved to make it a lot better than this one is.

Also...yeah...poor Terry has to earn their trust sadly.. :D

Thank you again!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:25 am
AshlynPhoenix wrote a review...

"What?" asked Harry.

It's like, Harry thinks it, and Rose says it ahahahahaha. From what I've seen of them, Harry is always thinking up the answers to a problem, and sometimes its unintentional, and Rose has to bright to light the fact that just figured it out.
LOVE IT.

Hmmm so he's either spent so much time on a project, or a mission, and as result forgot to eat, or he's been starved before. But by whom?

Feels a bit redundant ^^
Aaand that concludes this review. I hope you found it helpful <333
BROUGHT TO YOU BY...

HarryHardy says...

Thank youu for the review!!

Np <333

Happy Sunday! I'm sat out in the sunshine and this feels like the perfect way to spend my afternoon - with the escapades of Harry and Rose! We've also not had anything from Rose's PoV lately, so that would be nice to read again soon, especially seeing as it was her voice that started out the whole novel so I kind of feel more attached to her than to the rest of the characters <3

"I think that entire first stanza talks about this mall I guess...

Now you and I would call this a stanza, but would Rose? It's a term more for those familiar with poetry. She might well be, I just wanted to call this out in case :)

Terry's voice is very similar in style to Harry's - I'd like to see them a bit more differentiated to make for an interesting dynamic when you have the two of them together.

Ah, how could they have missed that?!

Ignore the food Terry. There will be time for that later. It’s not like you haven't gone hungry before.

Wait, so were they starving him when keeping him captive? That doesn't seem very humane of them!

Ooh ok this is interesting because it seems like something is happening with them, but because we're reading Terry's chapter we don't know what that is. It's a nice way of adding a kind of suspense and making the reader want to read on to know what went down!

Looking forward to finding out the secrets of the library!

~Icy

HarryHardy says...

Thank you again another review!!!

Hmm...I really should get to doing the internal voice differentiation thing...ahh...I will continue to work on it. :D

Also whoops...I did not think about what that would imply...I just thought it'd be an interesting way of mentioning the pizza place...oh dear...that will definitely be fixed. :D

Also...woohoo...this library does hold quite a few secrets as it may turn out ;)

You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind