Home » Literary works » Poetry » Fantasy

Brawn

by Pokeberry111

The story is always written as the hero having Brawn

But all we know is the villain to be bad

Why does it matter who plays what role as long as the hero wins

I would like to say

The hero should lose sometimes

I feel the hero is always said as the good guy and it makes me sick.

What if the villain became the good guy or hero

Now thats a story I will read

The real Brawn is in our hearts and if we are okay

The true Brawn is always here for one and all

The fake Brawn is always there to but no one seems to talk about it

The fake Brawn is in those who are lost and need a hand. Wether their okay or not

The fake Brawn is with all as we all get lost some times

Phillauthet wrote a review...

Your poem makes perfect sense, and I've been thinking about this very concept for a looooong time. I've come to the conclusion that, since history (and other things) is written by the winners, if the hero lost, he would be portrayed as the villain. Why, both sides might think they stand for what is right!

I love the way you've portrayed all of your feeling in just 13 lines (I would've needed at least 30).

You could improve on your spellings and vocabulary, but the poem's really awesome!

ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...

Yessssss I completely agree with you and your poem! Why should the hero always be good? The person can be a bad one and that is what makes a good story! Why should the hero do good deeds always? That feels boring! I deduce no person in the World is flawless. Writers often don't have a reason for their heroic deeds!

Overall, a very good job! Keep it up!

~Forever

Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:04 pm
Sunflowerdemon3712 wrote a review...

Sunflower here for a quick review

Okay this was really good and I think it was done quite well! I think it would be cool to see that the villain becomes the hero that would make for an interesting story in my opinion. Also this is true the hero typically does win in battles (I have been doing the same for my story in all honesty) but life is not all sunshine and rainbows so what if the hero lost for once now that would be cool! A little complaint I have is I don't think the 'The' at the beginning of the last five sentances but that's just a pet peeve of my own it's not a big deal.
Anyway I really like this poem and I'm going to try and read some of your other stuff! so have a great day/night bye!

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
— W. Edwards Deming