Home » Literary works » Poetry » Dramatic

Unnamed

by luminescence

When the moon comes out, 

the world stands still for a moment 

and if you blink, you'll miss it.

It's peaceful. Stars twinkle auspiciously. 

The dusk was debonair.

Look to the sky, you'll see her dancing;

a melodic beauty set free.

Raspy and somber, her song fills the night air. 

Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:10 am
kaydenwrites wrote a review...

This is such a beautiful and elegant poem ^-^

I really loved the way it flows from word to word, from line to line, and I especially loved your word choice: "auspiciously" and "debonair" were just stunning and brought so much depth and life to your poem.

I'm having such a hard time picking out parts that I liked because, honestly, I adored all of it. Though, the last stanza, and especially the last lines of it, were especially stunning. I don't really know how to describe it, but you just... fit the words together so artistically, it's gorgeous.

Overall, amazing job. I really, really loved this poem! <3

Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:29 pm
NastyMajesty wrote a review...

Hello again @luminescence! @NastyMajesty poppin' back in here for a short review :) Like really short xD. I don't have a ton to say, just a few comments about the parts I liked :P. This poem (as short as it may be) is super descriptive and beautiful! I really love the second stanza, especially the first line:

The dusk was debonair.
I don't know what it is about the word debonair that just makes it so elegant! Same with the first stanza and the last line:
It's peaceful. Stars twinkle suspiciously.
Overall, this poem was very well done and I really enjoy reading it! Keep writing!
:D

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:23 pm
Ganesh Shenoy says...

I love this poem because I always watch the sky for happiness. The poet has expressed his/her attraction to night sky in a beautiful way.

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec