Home » Literary works » Poetry » Humor

Where're we going?

by NastyMajesty

Where're we going?
Down the road
But where?
On a trip

What's our destination?
Just a place
What's it called?
I wouldn't know

Where we heading?
To China!
No, seriously. Where?

Down the road
On a trip
To a place
To Disneyland
To jail
To the park
To the moon and beyond!

Come on! 
Where are we going?
...
Fine
I'll tell you
We are going...

Somewhere

Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:46 am
FireEyes wrote a review...

I like your use of questions to provoke feeling of annoyance. And your use of italics and eclipses makes it interesting to read. I remember always thinking, "Where are we going." Usually I would end up at the doctor's office. And imagination running wild is something I can relate to. "To jail," that's an, um, interesting thing to think. Overall great job! I loved reading it.

NastyMajesty says...

Thank you :D

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:33 pm
Ganesh Shenoy says...

The poet has narrated the journey of humans in a philosophical way. Even though this poem seems to be simple it has a hidden message.

NastyMajesty says...

XD right

Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:31 pm
Haileyg21 wrote a review...

Heyo. Here's a review! this is beautiful. I feel like any normal family does this to there kids. its funny and people can relate to it so that's why you have a review now. The joking and funny parts as i see it is because my family does this whenever Us children ask where are we going.
You seem to have experience this. or maybe not but you put it so well that I give you a gold start for how well its done. So thank you. for writing something that people can relate to. its what everyone searches for. something they can agree with, like, or understand.

NastyMajesty says...

Aww thank you so much <3

Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:22 am
mintyleaf says...

<3

Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:13 am
smokeyyyy says...

cute little poem <3, very relatable xD

NastyMajesty says...

I die inside whenever we have this conversation. I WANT TO KNOW WHERE I AM GOING-- *triggered NastyMajesty noises*

smokeyyyy says...

XDXD MY MOM ALWAYS USED TO SAY 'THE MOON, TO VISIT MY GRANDMA' (her grandma is dead obv)
IDK IF THATS MORBID BUT-

NastyMajesty says...

My dad used to threaten me when I was 5.
I believed him.
he said he was taking me to jail ;-;

smokeyyyy says...

XD thats a bad onee haha

Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:35 am
NastyMajesty says...

tank yu for reading :3 <3

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien