z

Young Writers Society



It's hard, Harder it goes by time...

by Goldenwizard


Its hard, 

Harder it goes by time.

I thought it would be healed,

But it shows no sign.

         You are gone, 

         And there is no chance for you to come back.

         But I still can't lose this feeling,

         For you always hold me back. 

I thought it was always great, 

For just to be friends. 

But as time passes, 

I don't know when it ends.

         After that day, 

         I always wanted to be more than just friends.

         But still, I could not say,

         For I knew you would not hold my hands.

It's hard,

Harder it goes by time. 

Would it ever be healed,

For it still shows no sign.

         Time passed,

         Day by day. 

         And after that,

         You were gone away. 

If not you, 

Then at least I can hold our memories.

I thought it would be easy, 

But later it begins to tease. 

         Now you will not come back, 

         And will forever be far away from me.

         Still, I have those feelings, 

         Waiting for you in grief.

It's hard,

Harder it goes by time.

Now it would not be healed, 

For I never let my love be revealed. 

                                                 -Prakamya Shukla


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 284
Reviews: 12

Donate
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:10 am
Fadzie wrote a review...



I think this was written beautifully. When i was reading this piece i was thinking of my grandmother who passed on when i was just in grade one or two and somehow i still hold on to the memories. many a times i wish she could come back especially as i was growing up, you know at a young age death is misinterpreted by children. So i always wished she would come back because i missed her growing up and i feel she missed out on seeing me growing up. But all that is now memories and that's all i can hold onto.

I can easily relate to the poem and i really like it. The sentences were short and well written.

Keep it up.




Goldenwizard says...


Hi/ Namaste
It really feels sad when our love one's leave us forever. I have also gone through such grief, but whatever it feels like in the end we have to accept the reality. Because it is definitely based on the rule of world that whatever we have for now will be gone some day and even we will be gone some day.
Thanks for the apriciating it really means a lot.
Dhanyavad.



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 183
Reviews: 5

Donate
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:52 am
blankspaceformythoughts wrote a review...



I think this was beautifully written. I like how you styled your poem as well with the indentations. In a way, it makes it easier to read because the short lines aren't piled on top of each other. I think as we get older we all learn how this feels. Unfortunately, it's a terrible feeling, but you've displayed it very well here. The way you wrote it, it's almost like a forbidden love that you hide. I think you wrote very well. Good job!




Goldenwizard says...


Hi/ Namaste
Thanks for your appreciation, I am just needy for such support. It feels really amazing when people say this, because sometimes it gets hard to be able to express it in front of the world but now it feels really good and easy.
Thanks / Dhanyavad



Goldenwizard says...


Hi/ Namaste
Thanks for your appreciation, I am just needy for such support. It feels really amazing when people say this, because sometimes it gets hard to be able to express it in front of the world but now it feels really good and easy.
Thanks / Dhanyavad



User avatar
1227 Reviews


Points: 144400
Reviews: 1227

Donate
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:23 am
View Likes
alliyah wrote a review...



Ah this is a nice narrative poem that explores a theme that I think many can relate too! I felt the theme came across pretty clearly (which is always good in poetry!) the poem seemed to be about a speaker who had been left by someone they had strong feelings for, and now they're mourning the loss of that loved one or friend and instead of time making it easier, it actually is making it harder.

I thought the repetition/refrains was useful in the poem because the poem was rather short and it gave the poem a sense of time passing or like the pain was getting harder and harder for the speaker to bear.

A few suggestions:

Making the lines a bit more even will add neatness to the poem, but it will also improve the flow - you kept them pretty even here, but there are a few that got a bit long/short and would be worth taking a second look at.

Also I think this poem would really benefit from two things: 1) More Specificity and 2) Greater use of metaphors or poetic devices.

Specificity
Right now we know that the speaker was left by someone they love -> but we really aren't given any concrete details about the person who left; their behavior, their personality, their appearance or anything. That makes it hard for readers to relate or understand the relationship and makes it seem like the speaker is talking /around/ love instead of talking /about/ love directly. I hope that makes sense! I've written an article on Specificity in Poetry that can give you more ideas about how to add specificity to your writing

Metaphors and Poetic Devices
My secound suggestion is to work more with metaphors and poetic devices - right now the poem is really just a straight narrative - > it tells a story, but it doesn't have many of the fun elements that make a poem feel like a poem. Adding a few metaphors, comparisons, or sound devices are really going to make your poem shine. I like the idea of "time" making the pain harder, because people normally speak in the opposite way - > that time makes pain easier. Maybe you could play with that concept of time a bit more since that's a really great point your poem makes.

I hope that gives you some ideas to think on for editing! Good job on the structure and organization of this piece, I hope to read more poetry from you soon. :)

~ alliyah

This review courtesy of
Image




Goldenwizard says...


Hi/ Namaste
Firstly Thanks,
For understanding the feeling I tried to put up in my words.
And thanks again to suggest a way towards improvement.
While reading your review it strikes me that there is a need to learn to add specificity in the poem, I read your whole article about specificity and it reflects an amazing understanding of why is specificity important.
And for sure I will try my best to follow the best procedure.
The other thing about metaphors is that theirs a problem for me, I don't really know how to put metaphors in English, even if I try to do sometimes, I have to stop there and think whether it follows the grammatical rules or not.
But as you suggested I would really try to learn both ways to peak towards improvement.
Thanks/ Dhanyavad



alliyah says...


Putting in metaphors in a language you're not as familiar with would definitely be challenging! I can definitely understand that. :) Thanks for checking out my specificity article glad you found it helpful!

This article on poetic devices might be helpful for checking out some examples of metaphors and similes in English in case that's helpful.

Looking forward to your next poem!



Goldenwizard says...


Hi/ Namaste
Thanks, I will definitely go through that.
Dhanyavad



User avatar
7 Reviews


Points: 36
Reviews: 7

Donate
Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:35 pm
calmyindanger wrote a review...



I'm not good at grammar or at breaking these things down and reviewing them from a technical aspect.
I liked your poem. its relatable to me and it makes me sad as I relate to it.

I imagined a a story as i read it. a person who became friend with someone else, afraid to tell them their true feeling. knowing that they would be rejected they kept it bottled up but it gets harder the longer they keep it to themselves. then one day that person moves away, without ever knowing how their friend felt about them. unable to tell them how they felt they keep those feelings bottled, hiding them. wondering if the pain of keeping it away would eventually be healed but it wont. it will never be since they never decided to tell them to anyone.

i relate to that story as im sure many would, cause i myself have felt that. ive done that, and i am still doing that. your story like many others on this site, sticks with me.

thank you for writing this.




Goldenwizard says...


Hi/ Namaste
Thanks for having a complete understanding of my words, it really feels painful to go through that stage where we can't even express our feelings to the one we love.
It is really relatable to many people for there are several peoples who don't think it would be right to express their emotions and it's better t just keep it inside.
Thank you for your appreciation, I really mean a lot...
Dhanyavad




The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.
— Shakti Gawain