Writers

by Wordzyy

Writers write not the things

that happened to them, not all the time.

It looks as if it is and you may tell,

It’s part of them but I’d say,

It’s their part to write it.

All the things they write

is not them or about the

people they met but it

might have happened to someone or

even you, yeah “You”

The emotions in the words may seem

It’s certainly theirs but I’d say,

writers feel exactly how

that you felt,

they feel for you,

they write for you, they remind you of you,

they think for you, they think they are you.

Writers write their imagination

they create what they wish to be,

what they wish to tell or yell,

what they wish to feel,

where they wish to be and

who they wish to meet,

all these wishes which includes

nothing but fictions

are granted by their words.

Making it all feel real and beautiful

sometimes terribly sad yet teaches

you a lesson, leaves you dumbfound,

Words are the creators

they create art and the artist.

They create you.

Writers are more of an intellect, teaching life I’d say.

Writers scribe ugly truths and beautiful lies,

making you understand the World better.

Moreover they are more humane

and mystical persons you’ll ever find,

they give life to the dead,

they cry for unseen and unknown faces,

they create a seperate world for you,

they live in the mind of yours,

they live in the heart of yours,

maybe that’s why they write what you think

and what you feel or what might as well.

They breathe in peace with the words but

even when they don’t breathe anymore

their words written keeps breathing for them.

They are immortal for their words are.

~ Wordzy

StarlitMind wrote a review...

Hey there!
I really like this poem :D It's a nice topic you show, and you did a good job of explaining what a writer does and writes about. It brings up some points I never thought about. I think you did a really good job! There are a few things I'd like to point out. These are just suggestions, so you don't have to listen to them if you don't want to!

The first thing I'd like to mention is stanzas. Right now, your poem is a huge block of text, which can look intimidating. Separating your poem into stanzas would make this more inviting to other readers and an easier read, so that's what I recommend doing.

The next thing I'd like to mention is punctuation. Punctuation is stylistic in poetry, but you use a lot of commas, and I think in many places a period would be better. For example

Moreover they are more humane

and mystical persons you’ll ever find,

I personally would put a period at the end of this line, or maybe even a semicolon. I just think the commas are very abundant throughout the poem.

All the things they write

is not them or about the

I believe it would be "are not" since you have a plural subject "things"

making you understand the World better.

I'm curious on your choice to capitalize "World." Are you trying to personify it? Sorry if it's obvious cx

Moreover they are more humane

and mystical persons you’ll ever find,

These lines don't sound grammatically correct. How bout "Moreover, they are more humane/ and mystical than anyone you'll ever meet" or something like that.

even when they don’t breathe anymore

They are immortal for their words are.

I love this last part!

I don't have that much to say; I think you did a fantastic job, and I hope this helped! :D

Wordzyy says...

Your suggestions are of great help. I'll work on those. Thank you so much! :)

nanda wrote a review...

Hello Wordzyy!
I am astonished to see the way you've written your poem. And the topic you've chosen is exquisite. It is indeed a beautiful piece of work from an amazing writer. And I especially loved the way you ended your poem. It was beautiful! Well done... keep it up.
Best of luck for future!

Best wishes
Mahira

Wordzyy says...

Thank you for your encouraging words%uD83C%uDF38 Glad you liked it :)

Thu May 28, 2020 7:08 pm
redvictory says...

Sorry I posted on this twice! I'm not sure what happened but I don't think I can delete this, lol

Wordzyy says...

No worries :)

Thu May 28, 2020 7:08 pm
redvictory wrote a review...

I love this sentiment presented here so much! It really speaks to me. You really know your audience of writers here on this website, haha! I've always had a soft spot for writing about writing like this.

I like how you show how personal writing can be to both the author and the audience! You do a really good job balancing the concept of those two perspectives; that's not easy to do! Adding the idea of the audience into this makes it really stand out to me, I've seen writing about the perspective of a writer but tying in your audience as they read made me really happy and was very unique. :)

One piece of constructive criticism I do have is that this did drag a bit as I read because of the lack of stanzas. It felt a bit more like I was reading a block of text broken into poetic lines rather than a true poem. I would try making stanzas with repeating patterns to make it a little easier to read and digest. However, I really like the way you use punctuation at the end or within your lines! The lines themselves read pretty well because of that, the only issue I had in terms of structure was just in that scope of the whole poem.

That's just me being picky about structure, though! I don't write much poetry so that's easy for me to say, but I really did love the emotion in this piece! It felt really genuine and I'm really impressed by your ability to but more abstract concepts and thoughts into words that read as well as this poem does. I know I had that little comment about structure, but I really do love the wording and flow in your writing! It's very beautiful and eloquent and I can already tell I'm going to be thinking about this poem next time I work on my writing!

Thank you for sharing!! :D

Wordzyy says...

Thank you so much for such encouraging words, means a lot%u2665%uFE0F
I'll work on the structure. I appreciate you in taking your time to read this piece. Thanks! :)

The moral of Snow White is never eat apples.
— Lemony Snicket