My Sister, The Butterfly

by bpmzcpl

Tue May 26, 2020 11:11 am

Hello, i really loved this touching poem, especially since it is dedicated to your younger sibling. The fact that you shaped the poem like a butterfly makes it even more interesting. It fits with your line "she is the epitome of a social butterfly". In the poem your sister seems to be kind of like your role model also, which i think is very sweet and a good choice since she is bold, pure, true, and passionate. We find that in these lines "Her heart full of free fiery passion, I wish to be like my sister bold, true". Your love for her shines in your poem, especially when you describe her as a pure angel. My older brother would have described me as the complete opposite when i was younger, but then again we used to be very competitive. Your sister's hobbies sound awesome too. Like her i enjoy singing but i'm nothing special. I'm glad she has such a beautiful talent. From your poem i can tell you have a strong sibling bond.

Tue May 26, 2020 11:11 am
Beautifulsparkle wrote a review...

Tue May 26, 2020 6:22 am
Kian Alisson wrote a review...

Hi! I really loved your poem! It's really sweet of you to write this. The butterfly shape is adorable and it was really nice how you were able to think of short rhyming lines just to create this shape. You gave a lot of descriptions about your sister and I really hope you would show her this poem. I bet she'll love to read this. I also can't wait to read your future poems. Anyways, you did a great job in writing this poem!^^

Wed May 13, 2020 11:07 am
Liminality says...

Loved this piece! My favourite lines were:
"A bright future in store
Antsy as she waits for more"

Fri May 08, 2020 3:28 am
Dossereana says...

I love this how it is shaped in a butterfly, the poem its self was also wonderful. :D

Icon wrote a review...

Hey there! This poem was really awesome, and the butterfly shape adds so much to it. My little sister is also a social butterfly, and you really captured the "how do you do that" aspect of it, if that makes any sense. The only real issue I had with this poem was how the butterfly shape made the poem lose some of its rhythm. I completely understand how having lines that all need to be a specific length, with that length being different almost every time, it can be hard to make it work. Like I said, the shape adds a lot, but it shouldn't be taking away, too. Next time you're trying to go for a more visual aspect, I'd just confirm that it doesn't have a bit of a setback tied to it (other than the obvious difficulty of making your poem look like something other than a poem.) But this was a small smudge on your otherwise gorgeous poem!

I hope this was helpful to you :smt003

- Icon

Lib says...

Aw this is so sweet. 💞💞 I bet your sister will be very happy when she reads this.

RoseBogart says...

Hello! I really liked this poem it was very beautiful as well as desriptive. You should show this to your sister. I also like how you made it in the shape of a butterfly. I like the rhyming it really adds to the poem. All in all a very beautiful poem.

Wed May 06, 2020 12:01 am
Queenie wrote a review...

Hi bpmzcpl!
I loved this poem, it is such a sweet tribute to your sister. You gave many beautiful descriptions of who your sister is and utilized many literacy devices well. I also love how you made your poem into the shape of a butterfly, that is just so cool and I wonder how you did that. I also thought that you did a really nice job with rhyming as it adds to the color of your poem. I truly hope that you shared this poem with your sister because I'm sure that she would love to read it. So anyway, great job on this poem and keep writing and I hope to read some of your other works in the future. Good luck!

Forever is composed of nows.
— Emily Dickenson