Thank You YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY

by Ishan212

This very day 

Five Years Ago

I used this laptop

To let my feelings flow

Googled a website for writers who are young,

A website, where writers and thrive and grow

From writing on a  A-Cloudless-Night  TO choosing between Medical-or-Engineering-or-Law-

From Dancing in the The-Rain- to travelling to The-Valley-of-the-Mist-

Catching  The-Rajdhani-Express to reach the The-Daughter-Of-The-Raj

Making a couple of Friends and learning to Fight-  The-Shadow-

Drinking A-Cup-Of-Coffee- and seeing the Birds- fly away

It looks like after all these five years, A The-Circle- has indeed been drawn, But there is more to come as it is in the Young Writers Society I find The-Threshold-Of-Happiness

A VERY VERY BIG THANK YOU YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY.  Trust me, you have no idea how much you have helped me grow as an author, writer and poet. 

Thanks again.

#5YearsatYWS

Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:02 am

Ah this is a pretty sweet tribute to the site on your cake day! Congrats on being on YWS for 5 years, it looks like you've certainly written a lot. I think you could integrate some of the titles a bit better into the poem - like the first two didn't quite fit I don' think, but I really like how you put the last two titles in with "the Circle has indeed been drawn" and "The Threshold of Happiness".

Overall, it's a joyful piece that takes a look at where you've been and honestly sort of inspires me to want to make the same type of piece with titles of old poems I've written on the site. :)

Thanks for sharing! Glad you're a fan of YWS because it's a pretty awesome site!

best,

alliyah

Ishan212 says...

Thanks for the comment!

Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:49 am
Arav@1 says...

Great!!!!!

Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:49 am
Arav@1 says...

Great!!!!!

"What is a poet? An unhappy person who hides deep anguish in his heart, but whose lips are so formed that when the sigh and cry pass through them, it sounds like lovely music."
— Søren Kierkegaard, Philosopher & Theologian