Brighter Days

by 1nspire

Since the day

you walked into my life

the world has been flooded

with a new kind of light.

As much as I enjoyed

the times before,

I had always ached 

for something more.

Exactly what? 

I wasn't sure,

but it became clear 

the second you entered my world.

Like the rainbow after rain,

you've brightened my day,

and I know I never want

this love to go away.

This is a change

from all the things I usually write,

because for once in my life,

everything is going right.

So thank you for the time we've shared,

thank you for the laughs,

I look forward to the future

and hope it's as bright as our past.

I'm so lucky to have you,

and I hope you feel the same,

I don't know what I'd do

if you ever walked away.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:26 am
James565611 wrote a review...

one thing i do love about poetry is Love, and you have written just what i love. i like the sensation it brings to my mind. this poem reminds me of someone i once held dear to my heart. but as time would have it, we were never meant to be together.
i love this poem and every line.
it is good you wrote this and shared it with the world.
reading this poem, i wished she had never left. now the feeling is back.
and i love the memories of us im recalling right now.
please keep writing poems like this.
thank you.

1nspire says...

I'm so glad you could relate, as that is the true purpose of any writing. I'm sorry that you had to go through that, but I'm glad to bring back happy memories. I hope you have a great day!

Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:09 am
Luke14 wrote a review...

This poem just flows so smoothly, i'd love to hear it sung. They rhyme scheme just sticks like glue to your head, so pleasantly. I don't quite relate to this, but that doesn't mean I can understand, and like it. And frankly, I love it! The concept of having a soul mate, is a tricky one. It's difficult to have it eiether resemble the tale of another relationship, or to have it feel too sappy. But this was neither of those, somehow you found a way to make it feel sweet, like sugar. This is what I imagine what love is like, and that creates a genuine connection with me. A story like this, to me, really can only exist in a fairy tale. But if its your fairy tale, I like it even more. This poem does not get too specific with who the person is, that the speaker is referring to. I think that play to it's benefit. The audience does not want to build up the identity in their head, of who it is, too specifically. It should be kept vauge, as to appeal to everyone. So I cannot honestly say I found any problems here. Great job! Do more!

1nspire says...

Thank you so much for the review, have a great day!

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:46 pm
AutumnDawn wrote a review...

this poem is amazing it just flows. it is so beautiful. this kind of poem is the kind of poem that everyone believes poetry is about if it is about what think it is about. love? love poems are very common. I believe that if you continue writing like this. I know that you will be very well known for poetry. thank you for sharing such beautiful work with the world. have a great day.

1nspire says...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the review

AutumnDawn says...

your welcome

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:39 am

Hello, Shikora here with a review.

Let's get to it, shall we.

I really like this poem, I can see so much emotion went into it, and that just made it a lot more interesting to read. I really like it that you didn't make this poem short, I don't think what you were trying to say would have come out right.
You had such a nice flow to this poem, my eyes just flew over the words as I read it, it was such a nice feeling.
The name you picked for this work was a really good pick, it drew me in right away. And as a writer it's good that you have that power over your readers.
It was also really great that you got me hooked with the first few lines.

Since the day

you walked into my life

the world has been flooded

with a new kind of light.

I thought this was really clever, you started this poem so smooth and with a really nice flow, after reading this I couldn't take my eyes away from the words you had wrote down.

Sadly I did see one or two things that need to be fixed, so let's begin.

Exactly what,

This sentence feels more like a question, so I think it need a question mark at the end.

As much as I enjoyed

the times before

I think you need a comma after the word before. it will give this line a better flow. If you have a hard time putting commas and full stops in the right places, read your work aloud to yourself, and were ever you stop to take a breath you put the punctuation.

Well that's it from me for now, I really liked reading and reviewing you poem, and I hope to see more soon. Never stop writing and have a great day/night.

Your friend
Shikora.

1nspire says...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the poem. Thanks for the review, I'll be sure to edit those details. Have a great day/night!

I'm glad I could help. :D

Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
— Leonardo da Vinci