z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Giants

by Rook


Misty cities    'neath your feet

stretch and spread     like faded blankets.

Shrouded mountains     reach to meet

your high and giant    bouldered shoulders.

Distant hills    of scrub brush shrubs

resemble velvet    to the touch.

Lakes, the barely     silver slicks

of blinding light.    The chill wind licks

through you:    you quake.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 79
Reviews: 3

Donate
Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:49 pm
View Likes
psithurism wrote a review...



Hello! psithurism here with a review, sooo.. let's just get into this.

Well, first of all this poem was super fun and unique... (i could say) to read. You had a very strong and well balanced use of imagery, and as I read it, I could really imagine the feeling of it being either read out by a giant... or written by a giant. ;) Basically what I mean is that you described it very well. Good job.

Just a few pointers, I guess, is that when writing poetry I guess that you do not have to use captial letters at the beginning of each line, but if you do use it in a few, then you should use it in all of them. Of course, if you make it lower case because it is connected to the line above, then I suggest maybe adding some more punctuation, such as commas? Perhaps...
And the last thing is just that it would be nice not to add the large amounts of spaces, because it can slow you down or be a bit distracting.
Overall, this was again a fun and exciting piece of poetry, well done!




User avatar
841 Reviews


Points: 664
Reviews: 841

Donate
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:49 am
View Likes
Radrook says...



Reminded me of these two scriptures:

Isaiah 40:22
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
Treasury of Scripture

Numbers 13:33 ►
We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."


As a reader I could not help but wonder how such a large man would find enough oxygen at that high altitude to breathe.




User avatar
34 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 34

Donate
Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:06 pm
View Likes
FantasyWriter76 wrote a review...



This was quite the interesting read. Being giant would be cool, considering I'm a small person. Hello, I'm FantasyWriter76, or Fantasy76, if you preferred. I'm going to review your poem, so let's get into it!

Now, this poem has an interesting way the world of a giant is described. Giants are quite huge, and cannot really tell humans what is feels like to be one, but this story describes it so well it seems to come out of a giant's mouth! Marvelous!

Good stuff out of the way, you should really arrange this poem into stanzas, that way, it'll be processed and read easier. I'm not sure if you intended it to be this way, but stanzas would be very helpful!

Overall, this was a good poem, though it was hard to read without stanzas, I give this poem a 4 misty cities out of 5. Well done, fellow writer!
-FantasyWriter76




Random avatar

Points: 329
Reviews: 2

Donate
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:02 pm
View Likes
splatteringskelton21 wrote a review...



Haha hoi, I just wanted to say that i really enjoyed your poem and how creative it was! :")
The ending was very interesting and it reminded me of energy drinks but yeah, oof. One thing I suggest you get rid of are the spaces because it kind of distracts the reader and it makes the reader read it really slow, as if the ending is very far away, which is cool.. but yeah.
I really look forward to reading more of your work! MuaH :)





As my artist’s statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.
— Calvin