z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

ShaikhTheWorld

by ShaikhTheWorld


And so it all began, with what looked like a rather odd profile picture.

The text was okay, I guess, but what was with the queer background image?

I asked Shaikh for an explanation, and he had this to say:

"Once upon a time, I felt like there was something inside of me that needed to be let out and shared.

I searched for the best way to do so... but came back empty.

Consequently, I settled with pouring everything I could out into a digital painting on my phone, and when I was finished... it was wonderful. There was a beauty to it, one I knew only I could see.

I wished that I could make others see it too...

Yet I left it - the image, and its message - alone within the fold of that phone's memory banks, and I think, as time passed on, it started to leave me too."

There was a pause.

I had listened to Shaikh with silent attentiveness so far, and was impressed at how he had managed to convey so much, and yet so little. Already this image, too, had started to mean so much, although I knew too little of its true meaning.

After making what seemed like an unspoken resolution to himself, Shaikh continued.

What he shared... in those soft, mystical and important words of his that followed... would end up changing my life, and the lives of everyone that I would meet from that day onward, forever.

I hope that he shares this sacred message - what would go on to become both my blessing as well as curse, with you too.

Before it's... too late?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1085 Reviews


Points: 90000
Reviews: 1085

Donate
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:06 am
View Likes
Mea wrote a review...



Hey there! I thought I'd drop by for a quick review on this interesting piece.

I interpreted this as a quick introduction of yourself from the perspective of somebody else, and thought that was a pretty interesting way to do it! It definitely helps explain your avatar (which is pretty cool) - I wouldn't have understood it otherwise. I do still feel like I don't quite understand it, though maybe that was your point.

I had listened to Shaikh with silent attentiveness so far, and was impressed at how he had managed to convey so much, and yet so little

I didn't feel quite as awed/intrigued by the picture as the narrator did at that moment. To me, it felt like Shaikh was just getting started talking about the picture and what it meant to him, even though he's not sure he can ever really get the full meaning across. Pacing-wise, I felt like we should hear more about what happened after the painting started to "leave him" - what exactly does he mean, "leave him?" Did he rediscover it one day and grow to love it even more? Did he find other outlets of expression?

In general, I'm left knowing that this picture is very poignant and important to Shaikh, and I think that says a lot about how open-ended art and expression is and also how everyone can interpret it different ways, but I don't know anything about *what* makes the painting perfect to him. I also really don't have any idea personally how I would interpret it, or if my interpretation is in any way close to Shaikh's - when I look at it, I think of atoms and molecules floating in space, but there's no suggestion of that in the text, so maybe it's just my interpretation.

Anyway, thanks for the interesting read and creative introduction! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do on here. :D






Thank you for your excellent review! Everything is so spot on, I'm dumbfounded! :3

You've been able to read what my intent was with the piece, as well as quoted the exact point that I felt was a weak link. In truth, I decided to not expand as much since the folks over on FB aren't exactly avid readers - wanted to keep reading short. :P

What makes the painting so special to him... people like you do, with your unique interpretations. Not once did I think of the 'white dots' as atoms and molecules floating in space, yet here you are! :3

I'm afraid that I have no plans for elaboration and answers until much later, but thanks for sharing your kind words with me here today! :D



User avatar
456 Reviews


Points: 368
Reviews: 456

Donate
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:16 am
View Likes
Rascalover wrote a review...



HI!

I thought I would return the favor! This is such a creative way to introduce yourself! I simply cannot wait to read some of your work because I can see that you are talented and full of mystery. I don't know if you've ever seen This Is Us, but if you have or if anyone reading this has, doesn't this remind you of the time Kevin describes his painting to his nieces? That's the beautiful thing about art, sometimes only the creator knows the true meaning. Along with that who ever takes part in reading, viewing, or listening to the art walks away with their own understanding of it.

Thanks for the read/ Thanks for reading me ramble,
Rascalover






Haven't seen 'This is Us', but it sounds like a great show!

I agree with you on what makes art so beautiful, and especially enjoy reading the interpretations of it by different people, to see what deeper personal meaning they themselves contrived from it. :3

Thanks for the review and ramble! :D




Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.
— George Burns