Home » Literary works » Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction

Joker Missed - Agitated - Chapter 5

by Archangel

Last time

In the matter of a few minutes, we pull into 'The Company's' main HQ. We jump out and start unloading all my stuff to be taken up to my old apartment. I look around after I settled in and sighed in relief. The same as ever. Then I see Val and a few other people playing Champion. I smile. My favorite game.

"Hey! Mind if I join in?" I call out to them, and they wave me over.

'It is good to be home.'

Joker POV

Thane gets a call from one of the boys going after (Y/N). By the look on his face, it bad news. I hate bad news. Unless I cause it. Moreover, it effects Gotham, not me. Thane takes a deep breath and turns to me.

"It is not good Mr.J." I look at him waiting for an explanation. He squares his shoulders and tells me,

"All four cars had their tires popped. Someone in a mask shot them. The boys believe that the shooter was (Y/N)." I turn around.

'WHY ARE YOU SO DIFFICULT!?' I need to get her. I enjoy a chase, but this is getting ridiculous. I get up to take a shower and cool down. However, before I go,

"Do they know where she went? Alternatively, the direction she was headed?"

"They saw the direction she went, but there are many possibilities she could have gone to. We are waiting to see if the tracker they through at the vehicle latched on and if it will work. It is one of the prototypes." I left the room.

"Good. Keep me posted."

"Yes, Sir." The shower did me some good, but not entirely. She was still on my mind. How did I know her? Why did she seem so familiar? I hear pounding footprints heading to my door, and I yank up my pants and zip them up. The next one to see underneath these pants will be (Y/N). I am determined to make it so.

-knock knock knock-

"Come in." Thane opens the door and holds out his hand.

"Two things. One: This came in for you. Two." Thane smiled widely.

"We found her." I smile. Taking the package, I tell him,

"I do not care how you do it but get her here ASAP. I want her unscathed. She WILL be mine." Thane nods and leaves the room quietly. I open the package carefully and take out the contents. Inside was Harley's 'Puddin' collar and a card.

'Mistah J,

I wish I could be there to tell you face to face but, I am not, and with what I am about to tell you, it would probably be best to tell you this way. You would hurt or kill Deadshot or me otherwise. I am no longer yours. Deadshot proposed to me, and I said yes. He is treating me better than you did when you were mad. When he is mad, he leaves the room where you would punish me or something along those lines. You still have a special place in my heart because without you I would never have become the true me or met Deadshot.

When you find the one who makes your heart pound no matter what's going on, treat her right, as if she was a treasure that no one could replace and will diminish if not taken care of. It may seem impossible, but I know that there is someone out there for you, willing to love everything about and help you when needed.

Good luck,

I drop the card.

'She is... Marring... Deadshot?' I curl my hands into fists. Then I exhale. She was right. I wanted to hurt them. Both of them. Deadshot for taking her away from me, and Harley for leaving me for him, I guy she barely knew! I made her who she is! I wonder if I will ever be able to be around them without wanting to ruin their lives.

'So, what is next for me?'

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:23 am
Kanome wrote a review...

Hello. I am here for a review as promised.

Grammar and Sentence Mistakes

'She is... Marring... Deadshot?'

'She is... marrying... Deadshot?'
...I guy she barely knew!

A guy she barely knew!

Character Development
It seems to me that Joker has matured. I have seen Joker in Batman and suicide squad, and he was the type of person who would not care who he hurts. It's kind of nice to read something showing that the Joker has matured and realized his mistakes.
As for this scene itself, it's pretty well-written, just wish you would able to describe the setting... it's a big vague.

Overall Comments
For the whole story so far, I understand that this was pre-written, but with all the tips I gave you, your story needs to be tweaked a bit. The plot itself is amazing, but the way you are displaying the story in words seem vague such as setting, appearance, etc.
Keep up the great work. Keep writing and onto the next chapter ~

- Kanome

Archangel says...

K. Thanks!

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:07 am
Archangel says...

I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
— Homer Simpson