Home » Literary works » Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction

12+

Joker Missed - Noticed - Chapter 2

by Archangel

'I need to get out of here! What if he sees me?!' Soon as I see him I try to get to the door as fast but calmly as possible. I'm almost out the door when I look over my shoulder and then he turns his head and makes eye contact with me. I brake our moment of connection and leave, going straight home. Luckily, I can sprint in these shoes. 

'Did he recognize me?'

--------------------------------------------------------

~Joker POV~

Harley and the suicide squad left me. They somehow secured a vacation on some tropical island. I decided to find a new plaything and go to my club. I put on my black slacks and my purple crocodile cloak. Grabbing my guns and cane on my way out, I drove to my club, 'Laughs and Grins'. 

~ Time Skip ~

(sorry peeps. I don't feel like describing a dive to a club)

Parking my purple Lamborghini around back, I went inside and sat down in the VIP section. Looking through the glass bead curtain separating me from everyone else, and scanned the crowd. I smirked as 'I need a gangsta' started to play.

"Oh yeah!" My eyes widen as I heard someone shout out. I could tell whoever's voice that was wasn't drunk. It was purely happy and carefree. I searched the crowd for the body that connected to the voice. Then see someone about to leave. Her beautiful brown hair flying over her shoulder as she turned her head to look directly into my eyes. Then she's gone.

"You." I point ant one of my goons standing nearby me without looking.

"Yes, Sir?"

'He's so uptight!'

"Get me the bouncer." He nods and switches places with tonight's bouncer. I watch as the bouncer slowly and fearfully makes his way through the club to me.

"Y-you wanted to see me, Sir?" I look at him and grin.

"Yes. I want you to identify someone, the only one who's left since I got here. Who is she?"

"You mean the one with the teal flannel?"

"Yes! That's the one!" He looked at his shoes and then started patting his pockets, looking for something. Impatient, I narrow my eyes and start tapping my foot.

"She flirted her way in, Sir. But. She did give me this." He finally found a rolled up piece of paper and hand it to me. I unrolled the paper and grinned at it.

"Go back to your post. Send the other guy back." I keep staring at the paper and grinning in delight.

"Sir?" Not looking at the goon I hand him the paper.

"Find out everything connected to that. If you can't find any juicy stuff I want at least to have a name and address." He nods and leaves. I lean back in my seat relaxing.

'Why did she seem so... familiar?'

*Shout out to Kanome for being the first to comment on Joker Missed chapter one!*

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:31 am
Evander wrote a review...

Hey, Archangel! I'm here for a quick review. I have read the previous chapter, so don't worry about that!

First question: How did the Joker get a permit for his own club? He's the Joker, an agent of chaos and incredibly well known in Gotham. Even if he got a goon to set up all of the legal stuff for him, then why choose such an obvious name like Laughs and Grins? By now, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that the citizens of Gotham are mostly averse to clown related things? It seems like the risk associated in entering a laughter related establishment would be a bit too high.

Harley and the suicide squad left me. They somehow secured a vacation on some tropical island.

Harley Quinn is pretty unhealthily attached to the Joker, depending on the source material. I highly doubt that she would just leave him like that (unless Poison Ivy was in play?). Also, would the Suicide Squad and Harley really give their life of crime up to live on a tropical island? The explanation could be plausible, given enough backstory, but right now it looks like a really convenient and underdeveloped way to get meddling characters out of the story. There could definitely be a bit more time and effort put into explaining that.

~ Time Skip ~

Don't worry! You could totally take this out of the story. The previous paragraph already stated that he drove to the club.

"Oh yeah!" My eyes widen as I heard someone shout out. I could tell whoever's voice that was wasn't drunk. It was purely happy and carefree. 

The club is packed and yet the Joker could hear her voice over everyone else's? How loud was she? And if she wasn't drunk, then there wasn't anything to lower her inhibitions regarding social cues and proper volume. Also, I'm going to bet that there's not much difference between a drunken shout and a sober shout. Not everyone slurs their speech when drunk, so that's not a good indicator. In fact, a lot of drunk people tend to be happy and care free (although there are angry drunks and sad drunks, etc).

'I need a gangsta' 

The song's title is simply: Gangsta.

I want you to identify someone, the only one who's left since I got here. 

He was scanning the crowd earlier, but was he paying rapt attention to the exits? If the club is really popular, then people are probably going to be shuffling in and out all the time. Also, I highly doubt that the main character was the only person to leave since Joker arrived.

"She flirted her way in, Sir. But. She did give me this." 

If the bouncer is so afraid of the Joker, then why would he admit that he wasn't doing his job and let a person without a pass into the club? Really, I would have expected for the Joker to shoot him or call hyenas on him while taking the information.

Why did the main character give the bouncer anything at all? I would have expected her to give him cash, not anything containing any personal information. What was her motivation for that? All I can think of right now is, "because the plot said so."

'Why did she seem so... familiar?'

Alright, the Joker is a mass murderer and an agent of chaos. I don't understand why he was specifically remember someone from bombing a bank. He doesn't commit crimes of passion, he commits crimes to lure Batman. I'd have to wager, without a specific goal, that who he hurts are mostly irrelevant to his schemes. I'd have a hard time believing that he would remember someone that he very nearly killed.

I'm interested in seeing where the story goes! Granted, I'm not that active in Batman fanfiction circles, but I will say that I've never read anything like this before. If you have any questions or comments, then feel free to ask!

I hope that you'll keep on writing!

-E

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:42 am
Kanome wrote a review...

Hey. I'm back again with another review. Let's get started, shall we?

Character:
The Joker is so demanding but it did make me giggle. I liked how he became infatuated with her just from eye contact. I've been wanting to know what her name was so I can't wait to read the next chapters to see.
So basically, we are seeing The Joker after the events of the Suicide Squad. That's kind of interesting.

Setting:
I figured 'Laugh and Grins' would be his nightclub. I don't really have much to say about the setting since I already mentioned about it in the previous chapter.

Plot:
Okay, I enjoy where the plot is going so far. Joker has find someone new to play with and is he going through all this just to get her name and address, even more. I can't wait to see what happens in the future chapters.
Keep up the great work and keep writing! Onto the next chapter ~

- Kanome

Archangel says...

Kanome? (Y/N) means your name.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:56 am
Archangel says...

A special thanks goes to @Kanome forgiving me the points to post this chapter (and more) sooner than expected.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
— Chinese proverb