Home » Literary works » Poetry » Horror

12+

zombie (dg's diary)

by DemonGoddess

you stumble around,
repeating the same phrases,
over and over and overandoverandover again.
trying to make me better.

to my ears, they just sound empty.
empty phrases, empty promises.
"i promise it'll be alright."
empty brains, hungry for more.

your green skin, pallid,
reaches out for me to ensnare me into what you call a...
hug?
a fake one, just to lure me into a trap.

your jaw hangs open,
ready to chomp on my brain and manipulate,
manipulate me into your bidding.
to manipulate me into being "happy."

you all come in hoards, moaning:
"it'll be okay. think happy thoughts and you'll fly.
"you just need to stop scratching, hurting yourself."
none of you understand -- it's easier said than done.

it's possible that i am the zombie.
empty, worthless, dead.
doomed to stick with a random group until i get shot down.
so all i am is an animated corpse.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:07 am
Radrook wrote a review...

Thanks for sharing this very metaphorical poem. The poem conveys the frustration of the speaker when faced with this meddling into his life. It compares such importune persons to zombies who are out to eat brain or deprive him of freedom of choice. They view him as behaving abnormally. As if he were damaging his own self with self-inflicted wounds. The speaker also views these people as setting traps or being hypocrites with malicious motives

The poem finishes by the speaker expressing doubt ion whether they might be right or not in their evaluation of him.

As a reader I felt the frustration and maybe even the disgust felt at such an intrusion. However, since details are not provided on exactly what behavior these zombies, [meddlers] are advising the speaker about, I am unable to say whether the speaker is justified or not in viewing those who give him advice in that negative light or not.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:32 am
Flumadiddle wrote a review...

Hello, E.E here for a possibly quick review and maybe some utter nonsense! Grim is here as well, drinking hot cocoa and being a slacker. *Grim looks over, glaring* So, lets get started. :smt020

THIS F***ING POEM KARA. Oh. My. God. The lines, "it's possible that i am the zombie. empty, worthless, dead. doomed to stick with a random group until i get shot down. so all i am is an animated corpse." Speak to me SO SO SO much right now. So f***ing much.

Anywho, time to review this magnificent poem! One or two lines need commas. Those lines would be "you stumble around" aaannnd actually, I think thats it. My favorite line would have to be "over and over and overandoverandover again."

Now, this poem is chalked full of meaning. From self harm to feeling like a sheep surronded by wolves, it is fantastic. Fanta. Stick. Hehe. Okay, um yeah. People promise that they will keep your secrets, your sweet whispers and dark thoughts. But most don't, after all, its how the world works. Sadly.

Overall, I loved the poem and keep up the good work! Happy Thanks- WAIT, MERRY CHRISTMAS, I CAN SAY THAT NOW! OR HAPPY HANUKA! I really need to go now Grim has souls to reap and he needs more cocoa. He has a problem, seriously. Cheerio and fruit loops to you!

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:12 am
Lake wrote a review...

This is really awesome, it's definitely lyrical. So first off, I think that this describes what a person feels when they don't think that anything is ok. As if they don't know if they go towards the enemy faking friendship, or to go it alone. Obviously, if I were the girl, I would go it alone, stay away from the zombie. It's clear that this poem is definitely read-between-the-lines material. But anyway, great job! I loved it a lot! Keep up the good work!

DemonGoddess says...

thank you! this poem is about me and how people try to encourage me out of my depression but they don't understand.

Lake says...

I get you, I understand what you're going through, cause a year ago, I went through depression, so I know how people try to get you to be happy, even though it's really hard to do that. You can talk to me about anything anytime if you ever need to!:)

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:48 am

Flumadiddle says...

yES

YEE HAW

DemonGoddess says...

YA

In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary.
— Kathleen Norris