Silent Talk

by DeerInBacPac

Least she could do is talk. 

Over and over again, she stays silent and he talks. 

Very commonly does he worry, that something is awry. 

Eventually though, he will know, that she is only listening. 

Really, she will talk but please, do not push her. 

So, let her listen and let her speak, for I love him and he loves me.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:59 am
singhvaibhav wrote a review...

hey Flumadiddle, I really like your poem here it has a nice rhythm to it. I am not sure if I grabbed the meaning correctly but I will give it a shot. It is about a woman who stays silent, but none of us can truly be silent we are always speaking is not with our words then with our eyes our body language our gestures even by our perspiration. But the man in love with her is immensely worried as silence can let our mind deduce and extract things that are not actually there, silence can really set our mind to work, actually, silence and nothingness are actually the well from which a poet drinks but I digress.

I am not sure as to why the woman in love is not speaking maybe she doesn't know what to say, maybe she is afraid that her thoughts are not worth putting into words or maybe she just loves to listen to his voice.

I hope you can solve this mystery for me.

But nice work keep it up and please expand your writing maybe make it longer and more elaborate.

DeerInBacPac says...

No, you got the meaning right. Just about.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:25 pm
Ishan212 wrote a review...

Flumadiddle
Hi I am Ishan212 and I am here to review your poem Silent Talk

So here we go.

It is my first review on the Review Day today. So I'll keep it highly professional and as much informative as possible.

1.The Title:
Silent Talks. It is an oxymoronic title.
Silent Talks. How can anyone be silent and talk ? This is what a literal interpretation of the poem will be like.
But this is poetry. And as someone said
"Poetry is the criticisms of life under conditions, fixed for such a criticism in accordance to the laws of poetic truth and poetic beauty", yours is an exceptionally well thought of and highly researched title. Hats off for it.

2. The Theme:
One can not review much about the theme of your poem because it is your liberty to write on the topic you wish.

What I was able to derive from your literary work was that it was about a person who loves some other person and tries to talk to him, inviting no attention from the other person.

Is this interpretation right?
What do you say Flumadiddle?

3. The Content

So this is an acrostic poem, thanks to profile/PastelSlushie and
profile/woahhitherepal for improving my vocabulary and helping me learn a new word. Acrostic poem. I have written ,what I call Shape Poem. I wrote one about Harry Potter, giving it a shape if a scar for my school last year...... But never a acrostic poem . I'll definitely write one of these.

Nice content. A bit confusing. I was unable to understand who was taking in the poem. There were to voices? Huh? Male and female? Or was it a monologue?

Whatever the Lover Thing in your poem justified your title Silent Talk completely.
A perfect work of words.

A fantastic Poem!!!
Keep Writing!!!
Thanks
Ishan212

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:54 pm
PenmanshipPriority wrote a review...

Hello Flumadiddle,

Here to review your piece entitled 'Silent Talk'

Hope you're doing well btw!

LOVERS

I can't really criticise you on much because of the length of the poem, but what I will say is that the piece probably needs to be worded differently in some places, especially on line 5, which is the weakest of the 6. Unfortunately I can't just indicate to you what to change, alot of your work revolves around 'if the acrostic is fitting' and if it matches the meaning of the poem. I'm not sure if you've ever done a poem on here that isn't restricted to an acrostic poem, but if you have could you please let me know of the name by either replying or PMing me. I'm asking this because I know you're fully capable with your natural preference from what I've seen, but poetry is all about experimentation. Anyway, a reasonable piece overall!

PenmanshipPriority

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:37 pm
PastelSlushie wrote a review...

Hiya Flumadiddle! Pastel here for a hopefully helpful review and some comments!

OOOOOOOOOO acrostic poem! I love these types of poems!

I really can't give much criticism on this except for one thing - its meaning. I'm not saying to absolutely change it, but after reading this, it left me with a question about its meaning, and what it was trying to tell. I thought that with its short length, it would be blunt with the meaning, or have a grand reveal like in the movies. Or, is the meaning very obvious and it went straight over my head? I am pretty notorious for that.

With the short length, I really had to dig pretty deep to find some helpful comments, and the one above me was the only thing I could find. So, great job with this! In a one-sentence summary, this poem was short and sweet, and had very little wrong with it!

Cheers!
-- Pastel

DeerInBacPac says...

ThanksPastel! HAPPY THANKS GIVING

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:32 pm
woahhitherepal wrote a review...

Hello E.E im here for a review (:
seriously i love all the acrostic poems they're all so neat and GAH SO ORIGINAL IDK I REALLY LIKE THEM.
but i didn't come here to rant about how much i love acrostic poems i'm here to review so lets get to it.
i don't have much to complain about, except for your flow. it all makes sense put together but i feel like some of the lines could have been worded in a way where it made m o r e sense.
otherwise there's not any other problems. i didnt notice any grammar problems someone else might though.
i really liked this poem and im very glad you shared it!
keep up the good work my pal
i really look forward to seeing more from you in the future
stay safe and have a wonderful day
>Adrian

DeerInBacPac says...

Thanks Adrian! Have a good da and HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:38 am
DeerInBacPac says...

@DemonGoddess @LordTachanka @Saruka @woahhitherepal @DarkPandemonium @Steggy @WhosabellCanWrite

I don't think so alliyah, but don't quote me on that.
— TheBlueCat