z

Young Writers Society



How to Catch a Shooting Star

by Poopsie



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
624 Reviews


Points: 3571
Reviews: 624

Donate
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:01 am
Casanova says...



bruh when did you poet




Poopsie says...


I have poet long time now.



User avatar
1227 Reviews


Points: 144550
Reviews: 1227

Donate
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:08 pm
View Likes
alliyah wrote a review...



I like this poem, @Poopsie! I'm going to leave a few of my thoughts here.

You've got some really fabulous lines: "orbiting discordant with the earth" was a memorable one for me.

I think I'd like to see you play with the formatting a bit more. I like what you did with the lines "lonely stars pass a bit closer" where the lines were physically closer to each other. I think you could do a bit more with that theme of distance and aligning lines differently. The last line felt like it was in a different space than the rest of the last stanza for instance.

There were a few parts I thought that were unecessarally repetitive. For instance, when you're talking about how big the sky is. "How vast the sky .... How small and lonely we are..." these two things seem to mean the same thing. And in the last stanza these two questions were kind of repetitive "What if I'm not home? / Are we still not connected?" I get that they're slightly different, but I think if you're going to have two very similar lines one after another, their difference should be highlighted a bit more.

The last stanza also didn't pack as much punch for me as the rest of the poem. It's hard to pack as much meaning with so many questions left in the last stanza. There also wasn't as much as that fabulous imagery and outerspace language as the previous two stanzas.

Overall, there are some beautiful images in here that you've left the reader to ponder. The idea of a speaker who's in love with a star that is moving farther and farther away, although they want it to return home is intriguing. Best of luck in your future writing and editing!

~alliyah




User avatar
27 Reviews


Points: 207
Reviews: 27

Donate
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:38 am
View Likes
RainaDee wrote a review...



Okay, I'm going to do a quick review. I like your poem and think it's really good. I like the way your character is talking to the star and to be honest I think it would be amazing, minus the formating. So, I saw in your desription that you said you're having troubles with the formating... I don't know what alignment you're trying to use, so I'm just going to go with the left alignment setting to try and help you fix the line up of your poem. :)
1) Go into publishing center.
2) Go to THIS poem.
3) Click on it. That should get you back to editor (I just figured that out today).
4) Make sure your curser is in the editing box and push control 'A'
5) On the tools bar click the second to last button on the right.
6) The step above will give you 'alignment opptions' click left alignment.
If these steps don't work and it doesn't even up the lines for you then try to see if you added extra spaces on the lines that look out of alignment. I hope this helps with the formatting, if it doesn't I'm sorry! I really like your poem and you need to keep up the good writing! :D




User avatar
176 Reviews


Points: 1983
Reviews: 176

Donate
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:15 am
View Likes
sheysse says...



Dat poetry is fire
Keep up them good works





What's stopping you?
— David Mamet