E - Everyone Mature Content

I Had Enough

by shaunsthepoet1

He claimed I was his,

But loved me violently.
He claimed I was his one and only,
But verbally stone me.
My mind bled suicide,
I needed to escape.
I didn't give him my love,
Instead, he'd purloin.

A thousand scars per annum for eight,
Death longed to meet me.
I didn't want to see him,
He made the claimer my secondary enemy.
He claimed I was his,
But came stumbling in once more.
Distributing barbarity,
My old clothes he tore.

The norm was to bawl,
To let go of my strength and fall.
It was then I broke tradition,
I teleported to my room and back.
My instincts knew this was to be my day,
For he possessed a sharp dagger,
Which he hoped to season into my veins.
My hand emerged from behind my back,
My wounds still oozing.

I placed the magnum to his chest,
Before his heart.
I closed my eyes, and as soon as he moved;
in a new attempt to hurt me,
I sent the copper through him, forgive my infidelity.
In no way guilty,
I dropped my weapon and fell behind it.

Relieved and free from my years of torture,
I began my mentality shift.
What I did was in no way erroneous,
I made him plain heartless.
I finally had enough,
Of my husband pest.

-Jessica.K.Alleyne

Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:59 am
supernaturavengers24 wrote a review...

The word choices, tasteful and not-overdone rhyme and the way everything is set up makes this very pleasing to the eye. I'm reminded of royalty for some reason, and the elegance shows throughout the darkness of the topic. Format can mean everything when it comes to poetry, and I feel as if the line spacing and stanzas are pretty well thought out, location-wise. The repetition of a few important lines makes for a very effective message, as well as the words of color and darkness that evoke such strong imagery when read. A good work can paint a definitive picture in your head of what the writer wants to convey, and this definitely does a good job of that. I can relate to your pain as well, which is one of the reasons why I thought this was such a nice piece in general.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:29 pm
Rosy234 wrote a review...

Hi, here with a review. The tittle itself made me want to read this. I like the way you've made this piece rhyme. I also like the way you've chosen your words carefully. The thing I liked most was how you've used repetion at the start to engage the reader. I also like your description, I could imagine these events taking place. I hope this isn't a real life situation, but if it is you can talk to me. I really liked this piece and keep writing.

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it.
— Christopher Darlington Morley