My YWS Addiction

by Rin321

Dear YWS,

I have been on YWS for a year just about,

and I have throughly enjoyed it here without a doubt!

Staying up reviewing to the late hours of the night,

throughly enjoying the works these writers write.

There is one person to whom I really think is great,

he is the creator, and goes by the screen name 'Nate'.

He is cool and may be a monkey,

but boy, has he made me a YWS junkie!

I am on here day after day,

my mother threatens to take my computer away!

Spending all day just being on chat,

though when talking to people like Snazzy, Steam,Sweater, and Heather it is hard not to reply stat! 

Going through the greenroom, what a jungle of works it is,

going through reviewing them like some reviewing wiz!

Review after review, I get addicted,

after 5 hours I am really conflicted!

Maybe this is YWS's plot,

to suck writers in, to be on 'till they rot!

Us writers need to raise awareness-make a charity!

Band together, make a group for those who need YWS therapy!

I shall start to group, but just give me a moment to say goodbye,

I look at the homepage, and I start to cry.

Who am I kidding, I can't do this!

Who could give up this YWS bliss?

Fine, YWS, you win this round,

I can't drop this YWS addiction, to this you have found.

YWS Addict,

CHRISSY321

Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:41 pm
RubyRed wrote a review...

Hello, CHRISSY321. I loved this poem!! This is so cool...(pst. I think I have the YWS addiction too. It's spreading!) Really, it was soooo cute. I'm actually quite jealous. Thirty likes! Review time:

1st: I tell this to everyone. Capitalize the first word of every stanza... standard English peeps.

2nd: The 12th stanza is rather long. I can't really see a way to fix it but I'm sure you'll think of something.

3rd: This isn't a tip sorry... couldn't think of anything else. All the other reviews pretty much covered it.

This was so amazing! Cool! Clever! Realistic! It made me laugh it made me cry it made me stop crying... (I didn't really cry).

Keepwriting and never get discouraged! ...even if you have the YWS addiction!

~Keepwriting

Willard says...

"Standard English peeps"

You do realize that, stylistically, poets don't have to? There's a KB article about it, and I recommend checking it out.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:12 am
felistia wrote a review...

Hi CHRISSY321, Felistia here with a review for you on this wonderful day. :D

Theme: I for one really like this poem, the rhymes and everything. I will say that it does feel a bit repetitive at times, but not so much that it gets on my nerves. I completely agree that it is very easy to get addicted to YWS and you expressed it very well in this poem. :D

Rhythm: For this poem I think the rhythm is really good. The one this I have to nit-pick about is the fact that the rhymes feel a bit forced every now and then. With a poem like this I think that is okay, but I still would look into maybe changing some of the rhymes so that they don't feel so forced. That is just a suggestion though. :D

Small suggestions: (throughly enjoying the works these writers write.) I think you meant to say (thoroughly) and I would replace (writers) with (people) so that it doesn't become repetitive. :D

Overall a great poem and I look forward to seeing more of your work. Never stop writing and I hope you have a great day\night. :D

Your friend, Felistia. :D

Rin321 says...

Thanks so much!

Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:56 am
BlueSunset wrote a review...

Hello, Sunset here! :D
Wow, this was an amazing piece you've written. I'm not surprised that it got the spotlight. Most of the words were well chosen, and the rhyming was right on point. However, I have some editing, nitpicks, and just small corrections, that I would like to show.

I believe that what you meant was "thoroughly" and not "throughly". I find that this is repetitive, where in the second line you wrote: throughly enjoyed (edit not included). And in the fourth/last line of this stanza part, you wrote: throughly enjoying (edit not included). I was thinking of switching the wording up a bit - partly to take away the repetition - but also to add some more character, and to spice it up and make it different.
Spending all day just being on chat,

That line seems to really be stretching the border of rhythm and beat of this poem. I would suggest getting rid of words that aren't necessary, or writing up new drafts of a different verson of this, to see what else you can do. Also, it's not big, but putting a space between "Steam", and "Sweater", would satisfy. ;)
Fine, YWS, you win this round,

It seems to me that " to this you have found ", would be nice as " to that you have found ". The reason I'm bringing this up, sort of relates to the repetition that was going on earlier in your poem. That, and if you read it aloud, it sounds smoother and makes more sense. You were talking about this YWS addiction, and since that was previous, you would say that you have found.
As I am writing this, I notice something else in this part of the poem. Since you specifically wrote "Fine, YWS", you are addressing that to YWS itself. Then, you wrote: "this YWS addiction". If you were still addressing that line to YWS, it should have been properly written to say that you were talking to YWS, because you were. :D

Overall, this poem is wonderful. I totally understand why and how it earned the literary spotlight, because it really did. I'm sure anyone here on YWS could relate to this, which is what I think is really important. In that way, this poem really did reach out and is able to talk to and about anyone who reads this.
I hope you write other poems like this, because this is a absolutely terrific. :D

Hope to see you around! ;)

~ Sunset101

Rin321 says...

Thanks so much for the review! :D

OMG!!! Chrissy you just spoke my heart. This poem it is perfect. I mean it's just... God... It's stunning. I'm a YWS addict too. I love the way your poem rhymes the way it flows and your choice of words. It's perfect.
You know what my she also threats to take my computer away *laughs*. And the best part is that I know she wouldn't so I continue to do all the stuff here.
I love to stay online here and do all the reviewing and stuff. I mean we really need a therapy to get over YWS (which according to me is not possible and even if such a miracle happen we will need a support group to get over the depression that will follow)
Thank you for writting such an amazing thing.
Fangirl ~

Rin321 says...

Thanks so much <3

DivergentDemigod wrote a review...

You know what my Mom,she also threats to take my computer away *laughs*. And the best part is that I know she wouldn't so I continue to do all the stuff here.
Fangirl ~

Snazzy wrote a review...

I don't believe in perfection. Everything can always get better. That being said, this was pretty close to it. ;) The rhymes really enhanced the whole thing, and all of us can relate. ;) Anyway, time for the review!

the works these writers write.

Okay, I know this is being terribly nit-picky, but this is repetitive, and kind of redundant. I know you are trying to rhyme, and "write" is a good word to use, just not in this way. I wouldn't take out the word "write", just the phrase "writers write".

I shall start to group,

I look at the homepage,

Okay, so the first line in this little section is in future tense, (you will start to group, though you haven't done it yet) and the second switches to present tense. (you're doing it right now, "I look"). Just a reminder to keep tenses consistent (although generally, you did a nice job with it).

Fine, YWS, you win this round,

I don't really understand the last line - "to this you have found". Once again, I understand the rhyming issue, ;) , but I think a better word could be used here. (A few examples: sound, pound, astound...)

Alrighty, so that's all I could fine! Hilariously hilarious poem, Chrissy! ;) It really deserves the spotlight! Keep writing!

~Snazz Pizzazz

Rin321 says...

Thanks so much snazzy <3

lyricalrebel says...

This is cute and really fun to read. :)
But alas! There is no cure for this addiction! Believe me, I know firsthand. XD

Rin321 says...

Thanks! :D
And yes XD

StupidSoup says...

OK. Fine work. Good job.

Rin321 says...

Thanks

Willard says...

As an active user of the site, I find what Nate did incredible and I love the community. However, if I felt the need to share that, a better way would be by posting it on my blog or on my wall. We get it, you love the site, but it seems like a reach for likes/waste of points more than anything else.

Virgil says...

I thought the same as Will.

Charm says...

I don't think Chrisy was trying to get likes. She was simply writing a poem about how she was feeling and it so happened to be about her feelings towards YWS. And it is so rude to say that someone's work is a "waste of points" no work that someone has put effort and time into is a "waste of points". I feel there was no reason for this comment other than be mean. But your opinion is yours and I can see that a few people agree with what you've said even though I do not.

Omni says...

I actually don't think Stranger meant waste of points in a negative way. Like he was explaining, this would be better suited as a wall post/blog post. These kind of works are hard to actually review since they're not really looking for critiques. These kinds of works bloat the Green Room since it's somewhat pointless to review the work.

I disagree that this comment is mean at all. Stranger agreed with Chrissy and then made a suggestion for future reference. There was no mean thoughts there.

Swordfish wrote a review...

Hello, CHRISY321~
It's me, Swordfish, coming in for a very short review, as I am in a bit of a hurry >.>
I loved this poem, and trust me all of the review is a way to describe me! YWS really is in excellent site, and I think Nate really has a plan to suck us in. Who knows what he will do next. o-o
I guess this can fit in as a poem, but the formatting is weird. I find no mistakes, which really gives me not much to review. However, I must say that the poem is very comical, and let's admit, all of us need rehab.
As I repeat myself, I apologize for a short review and if you would like I'd be happy to give you a longer review sometime.
Your future therapist,
~Swordfish

Rin321 says...

Thanks! haha :P

Don't forget that the evil Holographic Ladybug will post twenty more chapters when you're not looking. :twisted:

Rin321 says...

noooooooooo! :P

MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

(The sounds of Holographic Ladybug's maniacal laughter echoes through the vast YWS valley as CHRISSY321 sinks to her knees in over-exaggerated defeat)

;) :P

Rin321 says...

I'll get you on day!!! (echos)

You'll never take me alive!
(Sound of evil laughter echoes louder than anything else ever heard. Everyone's hearts are plunged with fear)

Rin321 says...

Maybe not, but I am happy to get you dead Or alive! :P
(Chases)

(Did not see this coming)
Ah!
(Starts running)
(Stops near a cliff and pulls out an awesome-looking pen)
Not if you're finished first! Mwhahahahahaha!
(Writes down a story about CHRISSY321's defeat)
See who's lost now! :twisted:

Rin321 says...

*Takes out white out*
Not if I replace your name with mine!
*Snatches Pen*
Mwahahahah!

(Gasps)
You evil fiend!
(Pulls out device that destroys all things that can destroy my pen and all things that can destroy my pen are destroyed)
Take that! HA!

Rin321 says...

(resurrects)
Thought you could get rid of me that easy!?
(snatches device, rewires to destroy Holographic Ladybugs)
Mwahahahah!

(A bunch of dangerous weapons surround CHRISSY321, controlled by Holographic Ladybug)
(Smiles smugly)
You were saying?

Rin321 says...

(presses button)
BAM
(All of the HolographicLadybug army and weapons are disintegrated)
I was saying, sorry, but I WILL get you, dead OR alive :twisted:

(Teleports behind you)
You can't get rid of me! I'm a hologram! :twisted:

Rin321 says...

(Finds source of Hologram, finds REAL Holographic ladybug)
(chases)
I will get the real you! and destroy the source of your hologram! :twisted:

You will never find out where I live! Never! Never! Never!
(Teleports elsewhere)

Rin321 says...

We really need to make this into a forum or something, the replies are really piling up here XD
*Makes thread*

Holographic Ladybug wins by forfeit!
:elephant:

Rin321 says...

NO! Got to the thread, it shall continue there!

Pretzelstick says...

This is exactly me ^^

Charm says...

hehehe. I know right! This poem so deserves the spotlight.

The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you're made of, not the circumstances.
— Unknown