z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

I want to be like Google

by Googlebot


Google has no race, it has no religion.

It celebrates every festival without any notions.

It marks you a criminal if you have committed a crime.

It marks your doodle if you’re worthy enough.

Every man can use it; no rich, no poor.

Helps you in your work without any money.

I want to be like Google,

As open-minded as its search,

And as honest as its search history.

It is an encyclopedia of news and images.

After using it each time, a voice within me says,

“I’m feeling lucky!!!”


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
78 Reviews


Points: 40
Reviews: 78

Donate
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:50 pm
NivedaJames22 wrote a review...



Hey Googlebot!

I stumbled across this poem today and wow! It's amazing!

I found literally no errors in the entire poem. After reading this, I won't be surprised if you do have an encyclopedia inside your head.

I like how you use simple yet effective to describe something that we all take for granted. No, I don't mean food, clothing, shelter etc. I mean Google.

I really like how you describe Google as having no race, religion or caste. It's a truly creative idea.

I especially loved this line:

I want to be like Google,

As open-minded as its search,

And as honest as its search history.

I can't wait to read more of your work. You have an amazing style, with wholesome humor.

Keep writing.




User avatar
113 Reviews


Points: 181
Reviews: 113

Donate
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:52 pm
Bellarke wrote a review...



Hello, Googlebot-
This is so true. It is humorous. How did you ever think of it? You did this fantastically!!!

My favorite part is:
"Google has no race, it has no religion.

It celebrates every festival without any notions.

It marks you a criminal if you have committed a crime.

It marks your doodle if you’re worthy enough.

Every man can use it; no rich, no poor.

Helps you in your work without any money.

I want to be like Google,

As open-minded as its search,

And as honest as its search history."

You did so good!!! Please tell me how you thought of this. I can not do thisw. I am not good with poems.




User avatar
206 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 206

Donate
Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:57 pm
View Likes
DeerInBacPac wrote a review...



Hello, E.E here for a possibly quick review and maybe some utter nonsense! Grim is here as well, drinking hot cocoa and being a slacker. *Grim looks over, glaring* So, lets get started. :smt020 :smt015

So, to start off this review, the first thing I noticed is that, well nothing! The flow was good and no grammar or spelling errors of the nature were found when read over!

So, the meaning of the poem. Well, its simple. You wish that you could be as easy minded as Google, it being a program and everything.

Overall, I liked the poem and keep up the good work! So, happy Valentines Day ! I really need to go now, Grim has souls to reap and he needs more cocoa. He has a problem, seriously. Annnd I think he brought a dinosaur to life. Great. Anyways, Cheerio and fruit loops to you!




User avatar
104 Reviews


Points: 4417
Reviews: 104

Donate
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:00 am
View Likes
Danni88 wrote a review...



Hi! Danni here for a review!
First off, love the “I’m feeling lucky!!!” line. That was pure genius.
Second of all, I love the idea. This is a really lovely poem. Props to you for writing it! I can’t believe it has 74 likes. That’s amazing. It deserves it! I like the way it was both meaningful and funny.
I can’t find any grammatical mistakes, so well done!
Keep up the good work and carry on writing more amazing poems like this one!
Best wishes,

Danni x




User avatar
125 Reviews


Points: 3476
Reviews: 125

Donate
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:30 pm
View Likes
LakeOfCancer wrote a review...



I love this because not only do you express in free verse, you also create imagery of what Google does. My favorite line I think, would be "As open-minded as its search, And as honest as its search history." Because this line says that you want to be open to new things, new topics, new ideas. And you want to be truthful, not give a lie to anyone, let everyone know everything. And that's really creative! :D So great job!




User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 10
Reviews: 16

Donate
Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:02 am
View Likes
AngelBunnyroll wrote a review...



hi! not sure if this will be a good review but I'm doing my best! I like how simple this poem was and how you described Google. I especially like the "I'm feeling lucky" part, that made me smile. I like how you didn't make the poem take a too dark turn and kept it light, I enjoyed it very much. Very well written poem




Googlebot says...


Thank you



User avatar
71 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 71

Donate
Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:30 pm
View Likes
ashtheawesome12401 wrote a review...



Hi I'm Ash and I am here to review! I hope all is well. Okay I'm going to start now!

I like how you wrote this. It was funny and simple, but I found a deeper meaning.Although I would have hoped for this to be more sincere and deep, you kept it light and simple.And I praise you for that. The rhythm was pretty good, and you kept your pacing just well.

I hope to read more from you! Have a great day!

PS: "I'm feeling lucky"
That made me laugh really hard!




User avatar
415 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 415

Donate
Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:21 am
View Likes
Eros wrote a review...



Hello there Googlebot!!

This is Eros here to write a review for such a beautiful piece of yours!!

The theme is unique and very very sweet!! I like how you have compared the daily life with the google. All the wishes have been described soo beautifully!! I like the idea of the discrimination done by us but not by Google.
Google is really helpful. Whatever you have said is 100% true and is really very sweet! I liked the poem. BEAUTIFUL poemmmmm!!!!!!! It was just very very very very AWESOME and GREAT and SWEET and BEAUTIFUL and *speechless*. I don't have any more words to say.

Keep writing...
Never cease...
Because we all love to keep reading such beautiful works!!
Have a great day/night!
:D




Persistence says...


Something tells me that Googlebot won't see these newer reviews.



Eros says...


Daww!Why!!



Persistence says...


Because they haven't been active in a long while, unfortunately. Don't get discouraged, though: it's absolutely amazing that you're so excited about a piece like you've shown in the review.



Dutiful says...


I'm pretty sure I'm the reason this got revived in the first place whoopsie xD



User avatar


Points: 240
Reviews: 0

Donate
Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:28 am
lubbelj says...



This is amazing and I agree with what Tay01 said! You're very talented, and very creative, able to bring a piece so simple to life. I love how you made such factual things make sense, and really brought your feelings of who you want to be to light. Great job :)




User avatar
57 Reviews


Points: 1298
Reviews: 57

Donate
Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:41 am
Tay01 says...



duhh! This is too simple. Everyone can write about it, but none wants to. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT CREATIVE LIKE YOU! Perfect work! Excellent piece! Good tone! Awesome rhythm!




User avatar


Points: 365
Reviews: 2

Donate
Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:16 am
Dreamlike wrote a review...



Hahah..It made me laugh so hard.Especially the ending part.It reminded me the chuck norris joke with google.You are a good one mate.. Why dont you try something more serious though??I think you've got what it needs.I' d be very happy to see something newerr.Keep up the good work bro.Brofiiist...! You can check my work if you want to.I'd be very happy to know hod did you find it.Thanks!




User avatar


Points: 365
Reviews: 2

Donate

User avatar
26 Reviews


Points: 78
Reviews: 26

Donate
Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:57 pm
Roundsquare says...



Not a poem expert, but I believe you have the potential to become a very good poet, if you put a little more thought and effort into your writing process. Keep letting your creative juices flow, keep writing.




User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 821
Reviews: 5

Donate
Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:38 pm
melodypond46 says...



I absolutely love this. you're beautiful XD




User avatar
20 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 20

Donate
Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:28 am
Transporter23 says...



1. HEAVY-HANDED. Check!
2. DULL AND BORING. Check!
3. CLICHED AND UNORIGINAL. Check!
4. GIMMICKY. Check!

That's all I can say! I Know some Fan-Boys are gonna attack me. BUT THIS IS A HOPELESS POEM!




Googlebot says...


O.O Hopeless?





Please, Transporter, if you're going to trash somebody's work then so do in a constructive tone. It's no use to tell them that their work is hopeless, and then not give them any advice on how to fix it. Explain to them why you thought their work was dull, boring, cliched, ect.., Don't smash it, please. We're all here to help each other. :)



TimmyJake says...


What Therese said. ^^ Also, Transporter, it may be good to remember the old saying, old as we may be: If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
This is meant to be a positive environment, where we can all help each other. If you think it's cliche, unoriginal and heavy-handed, then show them how they can better their writing in a nicer manner.
Thanks. :)



erilea says...


I agree with the older users above me. This work is NOT hopeless. It is at the top of the featured works. It has thirty-six likes. I don't really name that hopeless. Googlebot is a wonderful poet.



Eros says...


What all the above users have said. And it is written amazingly awesome! It deserves praises and the feature.



Danni88 says...


There%u2019s no need to be rude. If you don%u2019t like the poem, explain to the writer how they can improve it. I mean, it%u2019s in the lit spotlight! It%u2019s a really good poem. It%u2019s anything BUT hopeless.



User avatar
303 Reviews


Points: 11152
Reviews: 303

Donate
Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:41 am
View Likes
StoneHeart says...



I hate this 'ideal picture'.




Googlebot says...


why? XD



Random avatar

Points: 536
Reviews: 23

Donate
Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:37 am
View Likes
LogicAndObjections wrote a review...



I always thought of Google as a simple search website and nothing more. This made me see it in a whole new light, as if you've opened my eyes to the beautiful person known as Google. But, in all seriousness, this was a beautiful poem at the very least. I especially love the last line;

"After using it each time, a voice within me says,

“I’m feeling lucky!!!”

This made me laugh, that is rare if you ask me xD

Overall this was a funny, eye opening sort of poem... at least in my eyes.

My horrible joke is now out in the open xD




User avatar
86 Reviews


Points: 1287
Reviews: 86

Donate
Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:08 am
View Likes
WaltzingDreams says...



This is so cute... Can't say anything less!
I hope you do continue with that intention of the sequel ;)




Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:10 pm
View Likes
AmethystDragon says...



I love your poem. It is a very different way to think about Google. You're right; if Google was a person he would be open minded and honest. I am just slightly confused by the wording in line five, but I know what you are trying to say. This is a good and creative piece.




User avatar
275 Reviews


Points: 15319
Reviews: 275

Donate
Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:06 pm
View Likes
elysian says...



*applauds* well done <3




User avatar
160 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 160

Donate
Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:37 pm
View Likes
Rurouni says...



And here I thought you were a google bot.




User avatar
58 Reviews


Points: 412
Reviews: 58

Donate
Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:06 pm
View Likes
Charizard821 wrote a review...



Man, that was really cool! An ingenious poem! I never thought of Google that way! And suddenly, I too want to be like Google! But I'm left pondering; what happened to the browsers like Bing? Do they feel neglect while Google feels utter acceptance and happiness? What I'm saying is, you should definitely consider releasing a sequel.




Googlebot says...


Good idea. I never thought so many people will like it. Let's see, hopefully this will have a sequel :)



Charizard821 says...


Great!



User avatar
32 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 32

Donate
Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:27 pm
View Likes
Swiftfurthewarrior wrote a review...



Hey there, Googlebot!

I thought this poem was amusing and well thought out. The way you described Google as if it were a person was amazing!

However, I was a little confused by line five. I'm not saying that you should change it in any way, but if you explained it a bit to me, that would help my understanding of this poem.

No spelling or grammatical errors, I say it deserves an 8/10.


Keep up the good work!


~Swiftfur




Googlebot says...


Fifth line meant:
'Every man irrespective of his financial status can use Google'





I thought that, but I wanted to confirm it. Thanks!




It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind