z

Young Writers Society



To My Limits

by WindSailor


I wish I could tell that life's an easy road

Just keep going straight and you'll get where you wanna go

There are many twists and turns, many ups and downs

And sometimes it feels like you're heading to the ground

I can't believe all the things that are happening

And I can't deal with the pain it's bringing

*

Chorus: 

I am about to crazy

I just can't take anymore of this lately

It is pushing me to my limits

I am about to go insane

And derail right off the path of this train

I just can't take it anymore

*

Verse 2:

I wish I could tell you that everything will be fine

No struggles will come and you will live a perfect life

Because problems and pain seem to always come your way

No matter what you do they're there always  

Bridge: 

I can't take it, I can't bear it 

I can barely live another second 

With all this pain, driving me insane 

Everything's going wrong today (2x)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 520
Reviews: 6

Donate
Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:15 pm
misschavoshi wrote a review...



hi dear
i think verse 2 is the best part of this poem because of its meaning and because i could get to the rhythm of it more than other parts.
about the first verse...i cant actually communicate with two last sentences
''I can't believe all the things that are happening

And I can't deal with the pain it's bringing''
both for the rhythm and the meaning.
and i think the worst part of this poem that is not actually connected to the verses is the chorus.it is so meaningless despite of the verses that have good meaning.
good luck




User avatar
806 Reviews


Points: 1883
Reviews: 806

Donate
Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:28 am
View Likes
Aley wrote a review...



Hey WindSailor,

I thought I'd stop by and give this a review since it was in the Green Room and things are getting so hectic in there!

I think the content is really good for a song. You keep things nice and flowing which allows us to get through the words clearly and you give space for repetition. For instance, if you miss something in the first verse, you can pick up the theme of it in the second verse. This is a good structure for the type of things in the song itself.

I do think, however, that this song is a bit too short. First think of a song that's about as long as the song you want to make. If you look up the lyrics, you'll find that usually, they're about double, if not triple this size. This song, thus, is really small and could use some things to make it longer.

Another aspect of this that you might want to consider is that this song doesn't follow the typical style of a song. It doesn't have a bridge, for instance, which is a part that carries from the first chorus to a new meaning of the chorus, and usually can transition to a new or final verse which is the altered "chorus" or something like that. I'm not an expert in songs DX. Anyway, I do know that they usually go V1, C, V2, C, B, C which might just be repeating the chorus 5 times at the end, or it might be saying an altered chorus. The point is, you could make this longer if you wanted to.

A third thing to consider, if you wanted to edit this song, is the change in tense. We go from me, to you, which, while bringing things home to a new level, actually makes the song a little less familial to me because while I was fine thinking about it in terms of "you" or the first person for the song, thinking about how struggles and pains are fine for this "I" character having it come home to me with struggles and pains seems very intrusive to me. It's almost like saying, "You can't hide it, I see you feel this too" so it sort of is off-putting in my head. I think if you made it all, you, or all I, or even transitioned to "people" as a third person omniscient, it would be easier than having the you, but that's up to, well, you XD see what I did there? This is just my opinion and I have no basis for this suggestion but personal reaction.

Anyway, I think to improve, you should/could make it longer, and play with your pronouns a bit. Otherwise, the rhythm, rhyme, and pacing of the song is really good.




User avatar
175 Reviews


Points: 15167
Reviews: 175

Donate
Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:01 pm
View Likes
Harker wrote a review...



Heya, WindSailor. IronSpark here for a really (and I mean really) quick review. Here we go...

Wow, this is great. I was just wondering if you could use a bit more punctuation to make the lyrics a little more clear. Sometimes the verse seems to be a bit hard to read... :)

Also, was this cut off? It feels like it could be longer. Also, what do you mean by "No matter what you do they're there always"

Great job!

-IronSpark





The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch