Most wanted writers!

by Farhan

...writers with character...

Folks who focus on the inward and not on the outward

...writers utterly honest and true...
who call a spade a spade and not lie for unwholesome gain

...writers with scruples...
wouldn't just fall flat when money's passed under the table

... writers bold n powerful...
who don't retract words against seeming opposition

...writers of substance...
dwelling in the deep..forsaking the shallow

...writers steady as a rock...
unmoved by the storms of life

...writers consistent...
not appearing once in a blue moon

...writers with humor...
it just breaks the ice and with great ease

...writers with humility...
who accept their errors..ask pardon and move on

...writers who fight with the pen...
smoothly wordy and easily overcoming

...writers starting a revolution
the nation needs 'em!

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:14 pm
Laughmaster wrote a review...

This. Was. Really. Interesting.

My first reaction to this was, "Spot on"

You couldn't have put this in better words. I'm tired of reading the good-old,"You are my coffee and I am your mug" kinda depiction of love. This looked extremely spontaneous and REAL. Obsession is almost always confused with observation. I have a very personal example to share. Thirdly and finally, in the second last line you need some form of punctuation methinks. I see that you don't want the ellipsis, but perhaps a colon or semicolon. Just a thought.

I was writing a satire about a thief and I was reading lots of stories about how thefts are actually executed and everyone around me went crazy and claimed I'm obsessed with thieves and I'm an aspiring criminal. This frustrated me to such an extent that I gave up my novel.

TakeThatYouFiend wrote a review...

This was quite nice. I have but a couple minute criticisms however.
First off, a couple of typos, "dwelling in the deep..forsaking the shallow" ad here as im the antipenultimate verse, a space is required after the ellipsis. A small matter and one you will put to right I'm sure.
Secondly, I dislike the exclamation mark at the end. In my opinion it seems rather cheesy. I hold exclamation marks should only be used in exclamation, rather than for emphasis. You may want to re-jiggle the sentence to make sure it doesn't fall flat though.
Thirdly and finally, in the second last line you need some form of punctuation methinks. I see that you don't want the ellipsis, but perhaps a colon or semicolon. Just a thought.
Yours in reviewing,
The Fiend.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:48 pm
EmeraldEyes wrote a review...

Hi.

So this was really experimental.
To start with (and judging by the title) I thought the work was going to be a bit bossy! XD But it didn't go like that at all which was pleasing.

...writers with humor...

It's kind of like an instruction manual for how to be a successful writer, but it also feels like a job add. I dunno.
It's also motivating for the reader who on the site is also a writer, so you've managed to draw in two types of readership.

This work was clever.
Well done.

Farhan says...

If you liked this, you'll surely love this -

Storybook Lovers

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:32 pm
Romania wrote a review...

Hello review from romania. ~ I have complete understanding with the message of this. We need better writers or at least people who try to make thier next work better then the last. grammer wise I think the only problem to fix is "bold n powerful". I know theres a correct way to insert the n but unfortualtly i dont know how. XD

ExOmelas says...

Hi Romania, Farhan. The n thing goes like "bold 'n' powerful" :)

Farhan says...

Thanks for commenting. I hope you read this one:

Storybook Lovers

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:41 pm
Farhan says...

Waiting for some comments!

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote