z

Young Writers Society



Rocks and stones

by Rosetta


Big and small creations of God,

Were you created for expressing might?

Sharp and flat builders of Lord.

Do they use you wrong or right?

Sink in water, oh heavy thing

What deep pains do you bring?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
133 Reviews


Points: 7153
Reviews: 133

Donate
Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:05 pm
ChipsMcCoy wrote a review...



Hi, Chips here with a review!

Well, what and interesting yet enigmatic poem you have here. Enigmatic, in the sense that it could have a whole range of meanings as there isn't one distinct theme, well the way I see it.
So let's go into the review now shall we?


"Big and small creations of God,

Were you created for expressing might?"

The reference to "Big and small", could refer to anything at all thats not man-made. I feel like you could have given the reader an idea of what the creations are, or along what lines they're on so we have an image in mind to follow the rest of your poem. The second line, "expressing might?" I'm not sure what exactly that means, I'm just interpreting as the comparison and relationship of humans and animals/nature.


"Sharp and flat builders of Lord.

Do they use you wrong or right?"

The first line, to me didn't make any sense. I understand its in reference to "builders of God" but nothing else linked to it, maybe thats just my ignorance but the assumed metaphor of "sharp and flat", in connotation to builders didn't connect in my opinion. And in the second line, I'm not very clear on who, "they", is referring to. Again, there is a comparison of wrong and right, opposite things alike, which could mean multiple things.


"Sink in water, oh heavy thing

What deep pains do you bring?"

Here, the "heavy thing" you mention is not very clear as to what you mean by it, is it an anchor? A burden? The last line suggests it may be along those lines.


Overall, your poem needed more clarity and cohesiveness. Seperately, the lines and phrases you used were beautiful. This review had good intentions, I hope it didn't come off as too hard, hopefully it was of help to you. Keep writing!


--Chips




User avatar
417 Reviews


Points: 500
Reviews: 417

Donate
Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:54 am
Willard wrote a review...



Hey Rosetta, Strange here and I have a review for you!
Okay? I didn't really get the whole point of this poem. I slightly do, although. I believe this referencing Noah's Ark, and who doesn't know about that story? The first four lines talk about how animals like birds and horses and whatever helped build the ark. If that's right. Otherwise, I honestly don't know what this poem is talking about. For the first part, it is somewhat confusing. I couldn't exactly wrap my head around this.
Sadly, this poems point is fueled on opinions. The genre "Science" doesn't help at all. This would be good for a person who believed in God. I honestly believe in God but I feel that it is so fueled on that opinion that I was confused. I'm sorry if I seem like a prude, but I can't help it.
Your belief helps this poem, but that's about it.
Sorry for being extremely harsh.
Overall, with editing, this can do way better.
I can't give this a rating.
Good job
Keep writing
Stay groovy, my friend




User avatar
52 Reviews


Points: 467
Reviews: 52

Donate
Sat May 31, 2014 12:06 pm
catcha01 wrote a review...



Hi Rosetta, this is a rather interesting concept for a poem. It seems that you're leading up to the dangers of rock and stones with their good and useful qualities. I agree, the concept is rather abstract, but that's good because it leaves the interpretation up to the reader. Its just the interpretation is a bit hard to conclude because of the poem's abstractness. I don't have any grammatical or mechanical corrections, I can only tell you that your poem is very abstract.
Keep Writing!
~Catcha01




User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 611
Reviews: 10

Donate
Fri May 30, 2014 7:54 pm
Rapunzel321 says...



I was kind of confused as to who you were referring to as you for the fourth line but I really liked the fact that you used to different adjectives to describes Earth's creatures. What are you referring to when you say "Sink in water, oh heavy thing"?




Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Fri May 30, 2014 2:49 pm
Rosetta says...



Good luck with your own way.




Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Fri May 30, 2014 2:47 pm
Rosetta says...



Very nice.





First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew