z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

​Two Siblings Commit Suicide

by superbambe110


“Mom I can’t believe you're sending me to this school, its already half way through the school year.” I said as we drove down the highway with my dad’s old beat up Chevy truck.

“Brianne we talked about this.” My mom said with annoyance in her voice.

“I know….. But why so far out in the middle of nowhere? We are like 30 minutes away from the nearest town!” I said as I put my feet outside the window.

“It’s to make sure no one tries to leave school grounds on the weekdays or run away. You’re only going to be there for half a year so, you better be happy. The judge could have made you stay during the summer too.”

“I guess you're right…” I said with a sigh

“Maybe this time you will learn from your mistakes! Like trying to get into Max’s Night Club with a fake ID, stealing at the mall, drinking on school grounds, and what was that other thing???” She said very angrily.

“Ummm….. When I stole Uncle Steve’s mustang?”

“Next time don’t be stupid and you wouldn’t be in this situation!” My mom screamed at me as she pulled into the Schools parking lot.

The school looked like one of those scary looming castles in horror movies, which kind of made me laugh. The only thing it was missing was the looming towers on the sides and big front gates. There was a basketball court and a big shed on the side of the building ,but there was no one outside except the weird looking guy at the front of the building.

When I hopped out of the car the weird looking man grabbed my bags (he didn’t even say Hi to me!!) and lead me to the front after my mom and I said our goodbyes. When I walked inside I was so surprised at what I saw. Instead of like a dungeon looking place it was filled with beautiful paintings on the walls and flowers on little tables. You could smell the daisies as you entered the school. It looked so welcoming! I couldn’t believe that I was actually inside that horrible looking school!

“Are you Brianne?” someone asked from behind.

As I turned around I saw this girl with light blue hair and blue eyes. She was wearing by the looks of it a school uniform. She was wearing pair of khakis, boots, purple polo shirt, and a light purple bandana in her hair.

“Ya, I’m the new girl and you are?”

“Im Lacy Ray!!! I'll be showing you around the school and stuff. Till you get the hang of everything. Come on and I’ll show you too your room!” She said as she ran down the long hallway.

Not long after that Lacy and I became really good friends. We both had a lot in common and loved doing a lot of the same things. Like skipping class and going to parties on the weekends. The year is now almost over. We have 2 months till school is over and everyone is excited. But today is the day I found out that one of my best friends and the first girl I meet at this school dies.

“Brianne guess what?! Never mind I’ll just tell you! Remember when I told you about this boy, the boy who I won’t tell anyone the name of, well this boy is meeting me today!!! He is taking me on our first real date!!!!” said Lacy

I told her was happy for her, but we needed to get to class because we were going to be late and I wasn't in the mood for the isolation room again. When we got to class we talked more about this boy who no one knew. He is taking her to the movies next hour and I'm not supposed to tell anyone. No one knows that she is seeing someone except me of course, but even I don't know who the boy is. Only that they are in love, I guess.

Its been three hours since I’ve seen Lacy, I’m started to worry. She has never missed three classes in a row not even on a date. She promised me she would be back in time for lunch and lunch is already over!

“Erin! Have you seen lacy?” I said

“No. I thought she would be with you” Erin said as he looked at me a little bit worried.

We decided to skip class and look for Lacy, but before that even happened we heard someone scream. I ran outside to the back of the school by the basketball courts. Laying on the ground was Lacy. There was blood all over the ground and glass from a shattered window in her hair. Her eyes were open staring at the crowed, but her skin was white as snow. You could tell by looking at her that she wasn't alive. Then the smell hit me. It smelled like rusty copper. I started to reach out to Erin because I felt sick. Before I could my vision went dark.

I woke up around midnight to find police officers sitting by my bed. They told me that Lacy had committed suicide and that she had left me a letter.

Brianne,

I did not kill my self to hurt you or anyone else. I did this because I couldn't handle being trapped inside that school any longer. I am their every day of the year because my parents didn't want me. The only friend I have ever truly had was you and you were leaving me in two months. There was no way I was going to make it another year without you. Tell the others I will miss them too.

Love,

Lacy Ray Moon

Its been a week since Lacy’s suicide. I still can't believe she is gone. Every morning I wake up and expect Lacy to be laying in her bed above me, but she never is. I don't understand why she did this! Did she not realize how miserable I was going to be? How much I was going to suffer? Before I can think any longer someone runs in and slams the door behind them. The kid is Max, he is one of the worst kids here. He takes whatever he wants and never goes to class unless he is dragged there by a teacher.

“Lacy didn't comment suicide!” said Max.

I looked at him angrily and said “How in the world would you no? Let me guess someone paid you to come in here and say that to me? To make me mad right?”

“No I swear! I was seeing her. I loved her!”

For some reason I believed him. I told him to tell me everything that happened. This is what he told me.

“We were supposed to meet by the exit doors on the east wing, but when I showed up she was there with her brother. Her brother saw me and yelled at us. Saying he knew what was going on between us. Lacy told me to go that she would handle it, at first I refused. Then she told me he won't listen to her if I’m there, so I left. The next thing I know I hear Lacy is dead.”

After a while we both decided to go and talk to her brother. We knocked on his door but he didn't answer, so I walk inside. As I was opening the door I felt something slam into my gut. I fell to the floor inside the room and looked up to see who did that. It was Jeff, Lacys brother. He started to hit me more and more saying no one will Know, but one thing he didn't know was that Max was with me. Max shut the door behind him and pulled him off me. Then Jeff started talking.

“I didnt mean too! I swear! We were just fighting and she shoved me and told me to leave her alone, but I didn't want her to be with Max. I shoved her to the window and started yelling at her. Then I shoved her again. I didn't know the glass was going to brake. She fell thru the window and hit the ground. I knew by the way she looked that she was dead. So I wrote that suicide letter. I didn't want anyone to know. Please don't tell the cops I don't want to go to jail!” said Jeff with a terrified expression on his face.

Later that day at lunch someone came running into the lunch room screaming that someone else was dead. Everyone went running to see who it was. Well, everyone but two. Max and I were looking at each other with a smile on our faces. We knew he was dead. We know that there will be a suicide letter in his pocket saying he killed himself because he couldn't live without his sister. One thing they didn't know is that I pushed him off the building. I got my revenge.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 995
Reviews: 37

Donate
Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:50 pm
PerfectWeapon says...



This was an amazing story! Thought obviously went into this! Sadly, on the same hand I saw several grammatical mistakes. I read it twice, because I caught, “How in the world would you no? Let me guess someone paid you to come in here and say that to me? To make me mad right?” AtThe re first it confused me, but I realized you meant "know." Without the grammatical mistakes, the story is plain out amazing the plot is great, the characters intentions were amazing, and I liked were it picked up.




User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 995
Reviews: 37

Donate
Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:50 pm
PerfectWeapon wrote a review...



This was an amazing story! Thought obviously went into this! Sadly, on the same hand I saw several grammatical mistakes. I read it twice, because I caught, “How in the world would you no? Let me guess someone paid you to come in here and say that to me? To make me mad right?” AtThe re first it confused me, but I realized you meant "know." Without the grammatical mistakes, the story is plain out amazing the plot is great, the characters intentions were amazing, and I liked were it picked up.




User avatar
102 Reviews


Points: 928
Reviews: 102

Donate
Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:38 am
View Likes
katngo73 wrote a review...



Okay, okay. First of all, wonderful story with a wonderful plot and wonderful dialogue!
I loved how you transitioned without making it too choppy.
The only thing that kept me from enjoying this perfectly sick story was the grammar issues. Capitalization, punctuation, run-on sentences, unnecessary fragments - all of these can ruin any thoughtful story. I suggest you work on your grammar.
As said below, there were a few points that made me uncomfortable.
Why the heck would her brother fight with her so much? What was their hidden story? I mean accidents like that don't usually happen, but give me some background here!
The main character Brianne sounds like any old sort of troublemaker, but really? To murder someone for revenge? Build up more background on her as well! She's not very believable. Same with Max. Why would Max be smiling that the two of them had just killed Lacy's brother?
Overall, you had a brilliant idea, and I especially enjoyed reading about this twisted evil. However, you need to work on your grammar and developing your characters a bit more.
Keep writing! <3




User avatar
285 Reviews


Points: 237
Reviews: 285

Donate
Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:00 am
View Likes
GreenTulip wrote a review...



Hi, Tulip here to give you a review.

So...I really don't know what made me read this...but I don't know if I am glad to have or not?

But it is good.

Yo uhave well developed ideas, and it is shown throughout. I though it wasn't going to fast or too slow,. I would recommend doing more character development.

I really don't know what else to say, except for "This is amazing."




User avatar
530 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 530

Donate
Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:28 pm
View Likes
Renard wrote a review...



Hey! XD

'One thing they didn't know is that I pushed him off the building. I got my revenge.'

So this is a very sick story. :/
As the title suggested.

However, it is also a very well written story. I am genuinely impressed.

good points:
1. Structure
2. change up between description and dialogue

Improvement points:

1. some of the chunks are rather large and could be broken down a little bit
2. I think the characters could be developed a bit more. :D
'As I turned around I saw this girl with light blue hair and blue eyes.'

This is pretty much all there is and I think this could be more highly developed to make the characters more relatable to the reader. :)

Other than that, you have a good, albeit dark piece here.

Well done.
keep writing

~BSF





she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake