z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

You Do Not Give Back

by PinkPanther


You can take my bread.

I will close my eyes.

Tears, escaped, will crawl,

And then, softly, fall.

*

I will starve and bleed,

Yearn to supplicate:

"Can I have a crumb?"

But crouch and cower, dumb.

*

You can take my son.

I will watch him die.

I shall bow, atone,

Then go on, alone.

*

I won't wait by glass,

Because I know you

Do not give us back

Anything we lack.

*

When I'm dry as dust,

Once I cannot move,

You'll leave me behind,

Barred inside my mind.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 621
Reviews: 1

Donate
Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:27 pm
bookworm8276 wrote a review...



Great poem, your use of the English language is flawless and creates a real depth to it.
Your poem also has a great flowing rhythm which suits the subject to perfection. Continuing on what you talk about in your poem, the real meaning is more implied than stated, which is another great aspect of this poem. Another thing I'll add is that you describe the emotion very well.




User avatar
476 Reviews


Points: 561
Reviews: 476

Donate
Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:11 am
Apricity wrote a review...



*two finger salute* Hey pinkpather, Subtle here to review! Right, so I'm not going to pretend I know what this poem was about, because I don't. It has a lot of depth and hidden meaning in it, that I'm sure people who are more ingenious than I knows how to appreciate. However, even with my limited poetic skills I can still see this is clearly a very wonderful poem. With your language, your format and how you have written it. The poem has a very soothing rhythm all the way and your wording is very concise and yet beautiful at the same time.

You can take my bread.

I will close my eyes.

Tears, escaped, will crawl,

And then, softly, fall.


I for one, agree with @AlexSushiDog, this is truly wonderful opening stanza. It really reels the readers in to what is to come.

Your grammar and spelling is flawless, however, I did notice you put either a comma or a period at the end of each sentence. Sometimes these can seem somewhat redundant, so perhaps you would like to read over it and get rid of some of it? But that is just my opinion, just wanted to check in and say, great poem!

Keep on writing!

-S.s




User avatar
170 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 170

Donate
Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:01 am
deleted5 wrote a review...



Hey PinkPanther! I'm here tor review this poem!
I really love the structure and concept of this! I think you executed it very well and to great effect! I like how dramatic and mysterious it is! My favourite stanza is:

You can take my bread.

I will close my eyes.

Tears, escaped, will crawl,

And then, softly, fall.

Generally your grammar is good. You did miss out a couple of punctuation at the end of a few lines, but it is mostly good!
I couldn't find a lot wrong with this! I did find in a few places that your vocabulary is too sophisticated for the situation. I had to look up "supplicate" (Means to beg) and I think most other words would do whilst still maintaining the effect.
Overall, great poem!





#longlivebigbrother
— alliyah