z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

I love you too.

by yubbies21


What can it all mean, those three little words

They sound so lovely, so perfect, I know

Those three little words I never have heard

They say it no matter, only so-so

When they don’t mean it, when its not true

They toss them around, no meaning it seems

Those three little words could lead to “I do.”

They make your face light up, they make it beam.

If you don’t really mean it, don’t say it

Say what you mean, and please mean what you say

There is no cheat sheet, no small nifty kit

Avoid answering me with just a “K”

Just don’t say those words, unless they are true

Because then I’ll reply, “I love you too.”


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
415 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 415

Donate
Sun May 31, 2015 10:48 pm
Eros wrote a review...



Hi Dear Yubbies!!

This is Eros here to review another work of yours!!

This poem is a romantic one. It has a very deep meaning. I have drowned in the depths of the poem. It says that you should not play with anyone's feelings. You should not cheat them or decieve them in any ways.

I loved the line:
" Say what you mean, and please mean what you say ".
This line is very deep. It tells us that we should speak only what is true. We should not take love as a game or we should not do acting of loving someone for it hurts the heart of innocnts. Any injury done to the heart never heals completely. So we shoul speak with thinking. That is think before you speak the three little, deep, and magical words.

It was a great work!!Keep it up!




User avatar
285 Reviews


Points: 237
Reviews: 285

Donate
Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:00 am
GreenTulip wrote a review...



Okay...this is good. I have to adress a few issues hre though.

1. You use no ending punctuation. This makes finding the end of each idea hard. Without end punctuation, it makes this feel like one large blobbed ideas's instead of several that flow into the bigger idea. Make sure you include end punctuation.
2. You can easily break this into stanza's if you really needed to. Though it works like this, and this is only a suggestion.
3. Just make sure to read it over and make sure the progression of ideas is still on track with what you want to write about.

I hope that this review is useful to you, but if not I would like to wish you luck.

~From the reviewing station of GreenTulip.




User avatar
68 Reviews


Points: 6931
Reviews: 68

Donate
Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:47 am
View Likes
turtlethatroars wrote a review...



Hello, hello, hello!
This is a really good sonnet. I personally had to write a sonnet last year and mine didn't turn out as good as yours. As far as the syllables go, you seem to have them all correct for each line. Your grammar and spelling is good.

When they don’t mean it, when its not true

They toss them around, no meaning it seems

This is my favorite line because it is actually so true. A lot of people just say it to say it, like it doesn't mean as much as it used to.
One line that confuses me a tad bit is
They say it no matter, only so-so

I feel like it just doesn't necessarily fit. No matter what exactly?
Other than that I find this piece quite wonderful and true.
Keep writing,
tkpejb




User avatar
413 Reviews


Points: 11009
Reviews: 413

Donate
Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:33 am
Cailey wrote a review...



Hey! Happy Review Day!

I have the hardest time writing sonnets, so props to you for accomplishing one!
I really like the theme of this whole poem, because I agree that there are so many people just throwing out those three words without any thought. I think you did a really job of telling people to "say what you mean, and please mean what you say".

One thing that bothered me a little bit was punctuation. I know that poetry is one of those things when you get free range to use whatever punctuation wherever you want. As long as there's a reason for it. But here it felt like you had really spontaneous punctuation, like you weren't trying to leave it out but you didn't include it everywhere that there should have been punctuation. So maybe just check through this quickly to figure out where you need commas and periods and stick them in the right places.

Also, I think that you could work on transitions some more. You jumped around a little too much, going to "I do"s and then to beaming faces, and cheat sheets, and I was just left a little bit confused. Maybe find a clearer way to connect all of the ideas and organize the effects (I don't think that's the right word, but I can't think of a better one) of saying "I love you".

I liked the last line, though, great way to tie in the title and make this into a cute and little bit romantic poem instead of just a critique of the way I love you's are thrown around. You did a nice job at making your point while also making poetry.
Keep Writing, and let me know if you have any questions or comments.





attempting foot extraction
— Mea