A Writer I Am

by WritingWolf

Turn on the music now.

Something soft and slow

That will make me drift away.

.

Put on a hat that's bright.

So no one will miss me tonight.

They've gotta know what I'm up to.

.

Turn the heat down.

Grab a blanket and pillow filled of bird's down.

It's gonna get cold soon.

.

A hot cup of tea or coffee,

To ease my mind into thoughts, so sweetly.

Because now relaxation is key.

.

Books pilled high to my right,

And all around is a soft light,

As I prepare for the night to come.

.

Soon my fingers fly smoothly,

As I begin to unravel a tale fluently,

A story that's been waiting far to long.

.

A writer I am.

Willard wrote a review...

Strange here, and I have a review for you on this little holiday called, you guess it, Review day!
I really like the idea of this. Its a great idea. It flows well, and the idea of your writing style works well. For some reason, I still have yet to see a poem like this. It really brought a smile to my face, even though this isn't how I prepare to write. I didn't see the pattern, but it did flow well for some reason
Overall, good idea and decent writing
Strange gives you...
7.3/10
Good job
Keep writing
Stay groovy, my friend *Hair flips*
Paint the roses red, my dear

Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:01 pm
ConverseFireGirl wrote a review...

This is a very nice poem, your flow for me was perfect. Your first lines are very well done, and I just think that your syllables are great.
"Put on a hat that's bright.
So no one will miss me tonight.
They've gotta know what I'm up to."
Were my favourite lines, as I found that that was my favourite set of rhymes in the whole poem, it didn't sound forced (That that your others didn't) and like I said before, syllables were spot on! :D
The last line also held a lot of power which I really admire in a poet, as I find it so hard to do, so great work, I shall follow you, my friend! :D

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:21 am
wretchednot wrote a review...

Your style of preparing sounds very relaxing and your probably comfortable when writing. Which in my opinion is a key component of making a good story or at least a story or a rough draft. Reading this was actually kind of relaxing because the details of how you prepare make me visualize how yo do it which is something all readers do to make the story become a reality which also just hooks them to the story to make them read more. I really hope you keep on reading and more importantly writing I look forward to reading your stories but don't forget to proof read.

WritingWolf says...

Thank you. :D

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:17 am
Cheetah wrote a review...

Hello WritingWolf, Cheetah here to review your piece.

I really enjoyed reading this! I liked the concept as well as the rhythm, which was very unique. The only nit-picky error I saw was in the last stanza.

The 'to' should be 'too' here. I actually really love this line because of how it relates to me as a writer.
[/quote]A story that's been waiting far to long.

Something I noticed you did here that I really liked was how in some lines you restate your subject.

I really like that, keep it up!

This has to be my favorite stanza.
Soon my fingers fly smoothly,

As I begin to unravel a tale fluently,

Thank you so much for sharing and keep writing! :D

WritingWolf says...

Thanks for the review. :)

Cheetah says...

You're welcome!

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:05 am
Morrigan wrote a review...

Ooh, a poem about preparing to write.

I think it might be more effective if you didn't have all of these things you needed, but the story wanted to get out anyway. The poem doesn't really have a plot; it's a list of things you're doing to get ready. What if you said "I'm desperate for my coffee / but it is not ink in my pen, I suppose" or something like that. I want some tension that is resolved in the end.

You should delete the last line. It feels tacked on. Just keep it as the title.

The first stanza sounds like the beginning of a love poem. I'm not complaining. You could even make this into a love poem to writing.

I don't understand the hat thing. It felt like you wrote that just so you could make it rhyme. Don't ever let the rhyme scheme control what you say.

It seems like you're having some issues with the formatting. In the program provided, you have to hold shift while you press enter in order to keep it single spaced. If you just hit enter then, it will appropriately space your stanzas. :)

I hope that this was helpful to you. Happy writing!

WritingWolf says...

Thank you so much for explaining the whole shift enter thing. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. :)

And I know it's not important, but I feel the need to explain myself. Whenever I write I wear a brightly colored hat so that everyone in my family knows that I'm writing and won't interrupt me.

Why should Caesar just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar, right? Brutus is just as smart as Caesar, people totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!
— Gretchen Wieners