Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Welcome » Welcome Mat

Welcome New Members! [3]

Reviews: 4
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:39 pm
mryankee20 says...

Hello everyone! I am really happy to join YWS! I've been writing letters, you know. The most wonderful thing about them is that there is always a certain kind of spirit that helps you write, and you almost always know that someone will read them. I used to think that Microsoft Word thing would get me stuck all the time. But now with a community like this one, I think I can give it a try. I am ready to rip apart hundreds of pages and get criticized and rejected and all. I am sort of an advanced English speaker, still not a native. I mean, I do feel myself comfortable, and words, they flow out of me way easier when I express my heart in English rather than in Russian, which is my native language. So, I can use a lot of help. :)

I love coffee, chocolate, and dreaming. Still a student. Not that I rely on college too much, though. All the true learning I do myself, in my own way, as it's supposed to be.

Thank you!

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:49 pm
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Hey, @mryankee20 , welcome to YWS! I hope you stick around!
If you ever need anything, feel free to ask me!
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:51 pm
View Likes
StarlitMind says...

Welcome to YWS! I hope you enjoy your time here :)

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Welcome to YWS @mryankee20! I hope you enjoy your time here!
They told me I was different.
Best compliment EVER!

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:50 am
View Likes
GBKiller says...

Hiya! Short stuff about me.

Harry Potter, love. Few musicals, love. Drawing, love. Learning about controversial topics, love. Now not so short when controversial. Specifically, companies doing shady things and trying to sweep it under the rug, and MLMs by extension. And, just like everybody, puppies and kitties are my life. However, not like everybody, I like ASMR.

Whether it be whispers, crunches, moist foods like ice cream, even gulping drinks, it is my jam. And even less common, the sound of certain words like 'chocolate', 'chanel' (like the company), 'cocoa', etc. If I could have a favorite letter without sounding weird, it would be c.

Anyway, I hope I have fun here!
"I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives." - Wonder, R.J. Palacio

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:42 am
StarlitMind says...

Welcome to YWS, @GBKiller! I hope you enjoy it here :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:56 pm
Shadeflame says...

I hope you have a great time at YWS, @GBKiller!
They told me I was different.
Best compliment EVER!

If you don't know it's impossible it's easier to do. And because nobody's done it before, they haven't made up rules to stop anyone doing that again, yet.
— Neil Gaiman