z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:30 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks @SpiritedWolfe for the images! Helped a ton. Ended up finding several ads like that, all advertising different things. I believe I blocked them all, but if you or anyone else has the problem again, just let me know.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:28 am
EternalRain says...

Hey @Nate! That ad keeps appearing on my computer (now, too). If I click the X it will go away and I'm able to type, but otherwise - like fortis said - it pulls me out of the text box.

I'm on a chromebook and I'm on chrome.

Here's what my ad looks like (and this seems to be the only one causing the problem - seems to be the same as SpiritedWolfe's).
Attachments
Screenshot 2017-02-28 at 5.26.00 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-02-28 at 5.26.00 PM.png (9.52 KiB) Viewed 469 times
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:06 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

The ad is still appearing for me as well. D: It's just about on every page.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

425 Reviews

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:31 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Blocked a new ad like that, and also disabled rich media ads to prevent them from showing up again until Adsense gets a handle on it.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:02 am
Lumi says...

On the front page, under Site Feed, whenever a Storybook Feed comes in, the feed says "Storyboooks >> Storybook _____________ >> ETC"

It's just an extra O for some reason. A funny bug, but a bug in the rug nonetheless.

I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:03 pm
Featherstone says...

On my club, the Role-play Geeks, it won't let either @RavenLord (who's an admin) or I edit the titles of forums. I tried yesterday, too, and it wouldn't let me, but it did work for RavenLord. Today we both tried on a different forum and it wouldn't allow either of us. For me, I go into the editing mode and I type in the new title for the forum. I then hit submit and it just reloads the page, reverting the title/message back to what it was before I changed it.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:47 am
ScarlettFire says...

Hey @Nate. I think you're getting sick of this...but, WFP has been down for a few hours now.

Windows 10.
Google Chrome, Version 56.0.2924.87.

I get this message;
This site can’t be reached

scarlettfire.writerfeedpad.com refused to connect.
Go to http://writerfeedpad.com/
Search Google for scarlet fire writerfeedpad
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

First popped up about 1pm my time (about four or five hours ago). It usually comes back fairly quickly, but this time it didn't. Just letting you (and others) know that it's down. I hit refresh or I close and reopen the page, and it just gives me the same message.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:22 am
ChieTheWriter says...

The clubs won't let me:

1. Edit names of topics
2. Delete posts that aren't mine
3. Change either banner or avatar images

I've tried on multiple browsers and devices, and I'm the admin/creator of the club. This has been happening for a while.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:30 am
Lumi says...

@featherstone9086 and @ChieRynn --> Some mods and I just got together and did some experiments in a club of mine to see if we could narrow down and confirm your issues, so this is the matter we can confirm:

1. Avatars and Banners matching 200x200 and 710x100 respectively were uploaded successfully by an admin-creator and a regular admin.

2. While you are capable of editing the names of your own topics as an admin, you are incapable of editing the names or contents of the topics of others.

2b. It has never been allowed to edit the content of the forum posts of others, to clarify. Wall posts, however, may be modified and successfully deleted as club admins.

3. You are capable of deleting threads created by others while an admin through the drop-down menu; however, when we attempted to delete the thread by deleting the first post itself, we got the following error and a ghost thread:

Spoiler! :
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`ywsfred_yws`.`yws_pages_topics`.`topic_replies` - 1)' [1690]

SQL

UPDATE yws_pages_topics SET topic_replies = topic_replies - 1 WHERE topic_id = 75902

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 189
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/clubs.php
LINE: 983
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster immediately with a copy of this error message at webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com

I hope you two (and you, Nate) find this helpful as the situation gets resolved.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:38 am
Featherstone says...

Oh, ok. I thought I could. Welp, I guess I'll start bothering the forum owners to edit it. I need those things listed right >:-( XD
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:59 am
ChieTheWriter says...

Tried again to delete a post of someone else on a club's wall I created. It didn't work. It gave me the "Yes, Delete" and the "DO NOT DELETE" option and I hit yes. It said it was deleted, but when I reloaded the page the post was still there.

?
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

117 Reviews

Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:25 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Replies I write to reviews aren't showing. I just wrote a reply to @SirLight's review on These Brilliant and Beautiful Lies: Ch6 and hit send, and it just vanished :(

Chrome on my Mac here.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:07 am
MarsEnyalios says...

@Nate I hate to bring up the WFP issue again, since that seems to be a hot topic around here these days, but @ScarlettFire introduced me to it earlier so I signed up for YWS, annnnd marsenyalios.writerfeedpad.com is immediately redirecting me to etherpad.org. Help?
"'Impossible' is a word humans use far too often."

425 Reviews

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:31 pm
Nate says...

Hey @MarsEnyalios, WFP should be working now for you. Let me know if you run into any further problems.

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:41 am
MarsEnyalios says...

Many thanks!
"'Impossible' is a word humans use far too often."

how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42