z

Young Writers Society

The Search for the Golden Goose (Tagbook)

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:35 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

THE SEARCH FOR THE GOLDEN GOOSE

You're on your way to the Randomosity Tavern one day when you hear... a strange honking sound. Unsure if it's a chicken in distress or maybe @SquillsBot caught in an elevator again, you decide to investigate. As you follow the sound towards the Green Room you see a group of Knights of the Green Room with an array of green weapons and armor. One of the Squires is passing out search posters "WANTED: GOLDEN GOOSE -PRIZE: FREE LITERARY WORKS for life for three days" - will you help the Knights on their search for the Golden Goose? What clues will you find?

What is this?

This is a Tagbook - which is a special kind of storybook. Instead of making a character profile, the character you write for is yourself - and other members of the site! Your goal is to tag as many users as you possibly can in your posts, while also telling a story. In this case, you're telling the story of The Search for the Golden Goose which is connected to our Summer Reviewing Challenge which you can read about HERE.

Tagbooks are usually wacky, random and filled with fourth wall breaks - if you're lucky enough to be tagged, or just want to pop in with a post of your own, you're in for a treat! Because this Storybook is also linked to Knights of the Green Room Lore - your character can be a knight if you are already a knight in Knights of the Green Room or you can be a YWS Villager if you're not part of the Knights of the Green Room yet.

(By the way, if you want to join the Knights of the Green Room, you can learn how to do so here: Knights of the Green Room Information )

If you want to see what past tagbooks have been like, here are some examples:
If you want to see what a few KotGR SBs have looked like..
A few ground rules:

- All usual site rules apply - and because people are playing as themselves, please take extra care to avoid violence. Let's keep this family friendly.

- When you're writing, feel free to add any wacky plot points you'd like, or zip around the plot altogether, but avoid snaping your fingers and solving everything (*cough* finding the goose *cough*) inevitably that's how these things end... but until then... please don't!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:47 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

the episode in which the search for the golden goose dost begin

Knight Alliyah, Court Magician for the Knights of the Green Room, had been on a few wild quests during her time on YWS - a search for a Dragon, a search for a mysterious treasure, and even a search for a space pig, so she wasn't completely surprised to see the note in her mailbox from @KotGRCommander that another wild-goose-chase was being arranged. At first she expected that someone had gotten annoyed at @ResourceGoos, @PoetryGoos, @LitGoos, and @rpGoos and their antics, However as she read the message more closely, her interest in the search grew -

The KotGR Commander wrote:
hear ye, hear ye

blah blah blah *alliyah skimmed this very formal portion*

MISSING: GOLDEN Goose
PRIZE: Free Literary Works For Life
*FINE PRINT: "For Life" is metaphorical in this case and literary works will only be free for 3 days because of current point inflation factors, this offer is also redeemable for 1 week of free literary comments, some exceptions may apply.

Sincerely, The Commander

Free literary works for LIFE sounded pretty good to alliyah, with a prize like that not only could would she be able to finally post her "A Treasury of 500 Heartwarming Haikus about Chickens" Chapbook that had been saved in her drafts, but she'd also be able to finally save up more points than @KateHardy, one of her secret personal life-missions. Yes indeed that sounded neat. Also she had the sneaking suspicion that there was a chance that Golden Goose Magic could be transferred between bird species, and perhaps if studied, might be able to make her flock of chickens even more valuable. Images of Golden Chickens danced in her mind. YEP, she was interested! But clearing the Green Room to draw out the Golden Goose would not be easy.

She packed up Herschel the chicken and quickly headed over to the Great Hall where she saw Squire @LadySpark and Knights @Liminality, @Hijinks, and @Spearmint lingering around. "Hey did you get Commander's latest mission? Let's head to the Green Room!"

@Carina, who was wearing a banana costume, pointed to the sky and said back, "We're on our way there, just waiting on @BluesClues who has a dragon for searching the sky and some expertise is birding that could be useful for this adventure."

Just then @BluesClues rode her dragon into the Green Room with a plate of nachos in one hand, and a bird watching book in the other - "DID SOMEONE ASK FOR A GERIATRIC HERO?! OR HAVE MY HEARING AIDS DECEIVED ME?"

"Blue! You're not that old!" all the millennial ywsers said in unison as the Gen Z YWSers began a tik-tok flash mob dance routine to try to keep the plot moving and keep things relevant. no cap.

A group of YWSers rushed forward with Blue's debut novel in hand to try to acquire autographs as @looseleaf unrolled a map of the YWS lands "What exactly does a person need in order to catch a goose?" Looseleaf asked the group assembled.

"Maybe we could ask some of the other bird experts like @Quillfeather, @Plume, @MailicedeNamedy, @Rook, @PenguinAttack, @niteowl and @SilverNight" @RandomTalks suggested.

alliyah was getting a little jealous that despite her well-known love of chickens she hadn't been listed, though she actually had no clue what was needed to catch a goose, but she wanted to seem knowledgeable none-the-less, "I'm pretty sure to find a Golden Goose you need 1) bait, 2) a clear Green Room, and 3) a net!" she just pulled that guess out of thin air.

"But how do we know what sort of bait to use for a Golden Goose?" @weathervane asked.

"Yeah I have no idea on that one - I think we need to split up - half of us go to the Green Room to help clearing it, half of us go find the bird-experts, and half of us go find the sciencey-ywsers (ie. @Shady, @Mageheart, @JustPerks) and the other half finds the sewing/crochet group (@Snoink, @Lael, @EternalRain, @starlitmind, @Plume) to ask them to work on making that net?"

@Spearmint stared blinking at alliyah, "alliyah, I hate to break it to you, but that is not how halves or fractions work."

This was the second time Spearmint had found an error in alliyah's math that day, but she was notoriously bad at counting which is why she usually used jam jars to count important things. "Well then, let's just split up Scooby Doo style - everyone go where they think they should!"

And the different users started going towards their different destinations, handing out "MISSING GOOSE" posters to every YWSer they could see on their way, the chaotic search for the Golden Goose had begun!

honk, honk, honk!!

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:54 am
View Likes
PoetryGoos says...

Meanwhile in another area of YWS, PoetryGoos dodged several YWSers trying to grab hold of her wings - she started honking more furiously HONK HONK HONK unsure what had gotten into these YWSers -

When suddenly @GengarIsBestHuman was able to capture her, "I'VE GOT THE GOLDEN GOOSE!" Gengar cried in victory!

@DreamyAlice and @alpacaboss gave Gengar a high five.

PoetryGoos started laughing. A Golden Goose? Who were these YWSers kidding! PoetryGoos was clearly a snow goose... NOT a Golden Goose.

@SilverNight who knew a thing or two about metallic colors came forward - "Um friends, I think this is of those Prose Ducks... see the feathers? The goose we're looking for has golden feathers." @TheSilverFox, @silvermoon17, and @Goldenwizard backed SilverNight up.

PoetryGoos said back offended, "I am NOT a prose duck! I am a Poetry Goose! I write poetry - see...
I can rhyme,
all the time,
without trying,
I am flying,
hear what I do?
I'm a Poetry Goose!

"But how can we be sure this duck isn't really a golden goose in disguise?" @WeepingWisteria asked suspiciously unfazed by the goose's rhymes.

@Horisun answered, "Maybe we could consult the golden Distinguished Moderators - they know their goose colors right and aren't they all golden?"

@IcyFlame shouted, "I'VE GOT THIS!" Icy may have been a little overly caffeinated on cookie dough flavor frappes at the moment, so the enthusiasm was bursting through, "I actually happen to have a group chat with a bunch of the DMs on speed-dial for emergencies like this!"

beep boop boop bop

The following message went out to @Snoink @niteowl @Hannah @Lib @Liminality @Mageheart @Rook @crossroads @PenguinAttack @Liminality @Hijinks @BluesClues @Carina @Omni @Iggy @Deanie @StellaThomas @Aley @Elinor @Lauren2010 @StellaThomas @Audy @Rydia @Griffinkeeper @Poor Imp @Master_Yoda @Demeter

Hi, we need your help identifying if this goose is truly golden or an imposter. Thank you. Please see attached image.
Thanks,
Icy

PoetryGoos tried to reason with the YWSers, but they were already immersed in chatting about how they were going to use the point prize for finding the Golden Goose.

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:51 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Everyone was happy to have found @PoetryGoos which they mistook for the Golden Goose, they were taking it to the great hall. “Hah stupid YWSers! I will see their faces when they realize I am a POETRY GOOS, not a golden one!” Poetry Goos thought.

They were passing through the lanes of the Roleplay forums and soon they saw @rpGoos wandering.

“Hah, another goose??” cried @starshipgirl “Catch him!”

Now they had two geese tied in a rope by them.

“Now I am confused…” @Dossereana sighed. “Which one of you two is the Golden Goose, tell me already!”

“HONK! HONK! HONK!” honked @rpGoos

“Aghh all this new goos do is honk! The first one was better at least it said something. But guys this honk is infectious. Now I want to howl, don’t mind me” howled @winterwolf0100

“So guys which one of you is older cause the legends say the Golden Goose is the oldest among the greatest bird species,” asked @ForeverYoung299, who had researched a few things here and there about the ages of animals.

“Guys this a friend from work,” replied @PoetryGoos “We are united!”

“Uhmm sorry but nah,” smirked @rpGoos

rpGoos wrote:i must confess
i am no goos
i honk like car
but not a goos

i must confess
i am no car
i do not vroom
i am no car

but not a goos
no not a goos
no matter what
i am no goos

#nogoos

Link to original comment

“You betrayed meee”
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:13 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

momo was very confused.

granted, she was always confused, but today she was really confused. everyone was all in a buzz about some goose(geese???), tortoises, and all momo wanted was some sleep. or coffee. or both.

momo decided to go for a walk in the Forest of the Green Room. after wading through 9 chapters of @KaiaJersaga 's novel she saw a creature looming in the distance. was it the beast Bob she had heard rumors of? was it a giant chicken? was it a goose??

it turned out to be something much worse.

old novel chapters.

with no reviews.

momo walked past dusty chapters of @SilverNight , @Snoink , @TheCornDogEnthusiast , and others. it was eerily quiet, and there was a somber air to the place.

"this is terrible!" momo cried out. "someone needs to help these poor works." momo thought for a moment and decided to call on some powerful reviewers she knew.

"@KateHardy ! @IcyFlame ! @Rose ! @KaiaJersaga ! @Rinisha !"

the reviewers appeared in a flash. "what's the matter, momo?" Icy asked with a face of concern.

momo pointed to the works. "look."

the reviewers gasped with shock. "this is horrible!" Kate said with a hushed tone.

momo tried to hold back tears. "my reviewing powers aren't strong enough to help these chapters. will you?" momo looked at the camera. wait what camera?? "will you?"
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:26 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

*meanwhile, at the other group of YWSers*

In a huge poof of sparkly smoke, Council of Distinguished Moderators appeared before the YWSers. They towered far above everyone, the smoke sticking around them like it does in haunted forests.

Gengar bowed in a very exaggerated and theatrical sense, the rope with the gooses in her right hand.

“Oh great and mighty Distinguished Mods, we have found not one, but two of the infamous golden gooses!” She proudly held them up. Both @PoetryGoos and @rpGoos honked and tried to break free from her grasp.

The Distinguished Moderators all covered their faces, trying to hold back their laughter.

@Mageheart floated down from the jury-like seaty thingy, chuckling. “Gengar, I hate to break it to you, but I don’t think either of them are golden gooses.”

“Uhh, excuse-a-what now?” Gengar blurted.

@Rook and @PenguinAttack floated down too.

“Hello,” said @Rook, “Bird experts here. Let us take a closer look at these two.”

They leaned in closer to examine the two gooses.

“Hmm,” said @PenguinAttack, “yeah, nope, not golden gooses. You can tell by the lack of metallic sheen on the feathers. Just your regular, everyday gooses.”

“Our work here is done!” Exclaimed @Rook. The bird experts high-fived. Mage, Rook, and Penguinattack floated back up to the rest of the council, and the jury-like seaty thingy disappeared in another poof.

“I should’ve known you were a fraud the moment you called me a human!” Said Gengar to @PoetryGoos.

“Okay, first of all, I’m not a—” Poetrygoos suddenly stopped themself. They tilted their head. “How did you know I called you a human? I didn’t even say anything out loud!”

Gengar shrugged. “I just do. You shouldn’t question me.” She giggled like a haunted doll, a skill she prided herself on.

@rpGoos honked. “Can you untie us now?” @winterwolf0100 pounced up and chewed through the ropes. The gooses flew in opposite directions.

“So, what now?” Asked @Dossereana
Attachments
IMG_5302.jpeg
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:23 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

Kaia heard the call from @momonster a little too late and came rushing to the scene. @momonster told her solemnly what was the problem. Dusty and forgotten monsters were locked in the cage of the Green Room. They looked so sad, and wanted to get out so badly. Kaia accepted the challenge. She first started by loosening the bars on several of the beast's cages, but something caught her attention. Five weeping, attractive looking green dragons @dragonight9 had created. Intrigued, Kaia stayed in the green room to hang out with these little monsters, and forgot entirely about the search for the goose (whatever that was). She felt so sorry for the dragons. All she could do was keep them company and lift one of the bolts on the cage. She needed one more person to help her release these beautiful little green dragons out into the wild. So, she called her friends, but all of them were busy in their summer plans. Poor little dragons. They looked so lonely locked there in the green room. Will you help free them?
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:57 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

The other half of the annoyed knights were returning from the great hall as the bird experts broke it to them that both @PoetryGoos and @rpGoos were not the golden one they were following. They were tired of the journey they rested at the old Squire’s dormitory of the knights. Many other tired knights and members joined them as they thought about what to do next to find the GOLDEN G O O S!!!

“Hah, obviously I told ya I am not the golden one, The golden goose is the most precious one of us, you can’t find it that easily, you lazy knights!” smirked @rpGoos

“How dare you, no knight is lazy in the kingdom of Yws,” Alice growled as he called on @IcyFlame, the leading green room beast hunter of nowadays.

“42 beasts slayed!” Icy claimed proudly

“17 monsters freed!” @KaiaJersaga exclaimed with a sweet smile

“No, no Kaia don’t let those innocent-faced monsters deceive you, you must kill them not free them!” said @Spearmint “By the way 14 beasts slayed!!

“16 by me too!” announced @KateHardy old player of the slaying job, more like a game to him.

“Aloha knights! Count 14 by my side as well!” said @Rose

“Did you all forget about me, 25 beasts slayed!” said @loveissourgrapes jumping around happily

“See there arrogant g o o s we have such hardworking knights!” Alice claimed

“Do you think it will be that easy to find “Sir Feathers” the noble golden goose, you need to clear out the whole green room!” said @PoetryGoos

“Just call it “duck”, I say,” said @rpGoos honking around while fixing his black sunglasses

“If you knew the way we can find the golden goose, what stopped you FROM SAYING IT EARLIER” screamed Alice
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

147 Reviews

Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:58 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

"Don't kill them?" Kaia interrupted, tears running down her face. "But they look so sad in there!"
@IcyFlame looked at her as if she had gone insane. (She probably had.) "You are a total nuisance to our community. Setting beasts free!"
Kaia looked down at the floor. "But they're cute."
"But they are hindering our search for the golden goose. They must be killed, not set free to roam wild," @Spearmint declared.
Kaia glanced up at the stern eyes fixed to her face. "Do you have some other way I could kill them? It's just splitting those monsters in half is a little...cruel...and...grrrooosss, you know?"
"G o o o o o o s? Did somebody say something about the g o o s?" @momonster asked, spinning around to face Kaia and looking at her eagerly. "Where? Is it coming this way?"
"I see something behind those bushes!" @loveissourgrapes screamed, pointing out the window. "I'm going to go get it!"
"Knights! I didn't say--" but Kaia's words were cut off by the commotion as the knights made a mad rush to the door.
"I said...'gross' not goose," Kaia called after them, half rising in her chair to watch them disappear outside. Her gaze fell. She knew she would be in for it when the knights returned empty handed without even a feather to prove that the goose had been there. She hoped @DreamyAlice would protect her from the mob...

1227 Reviews

Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:30 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

the episode in which bait is procured for the golden goose then accidentally eaten.

@alliyah was singing her to-do list items over and over again in repetition while marching forward following a mysterious dotted line on the ground that had miraculously appeared like a Dora the Explorer episode.

Come on, vámonos.... Everybody let's go
Come on, let's get to it... I know that we can do it

Where are we going? Bait! Green Room! Net!

@looseleaf who was in charge of the map tapped alliyah on the shoulder and said, "I don't think you need to keep repeating yourself, I've got our destinations marked on the map and I think @Quillfeather just called for an uber - we're not walking the whole way, it'd take us all month."

alliyah wiped her forehead which had started sweating because of all this marching; her KotGR helmet was not helping the situation either. She sat down to take a breather. @tatteredbones came over and offered the gathering search crew some carrot cake and boiled cheetohs for sustenance. @LadySpark also came over and asked gem if they'd be willing to share their cheetoh recipe for her next Recipe Feature in Squills.

^ Photo of Boiled Cheetohs - courtesy @tatteredbones kitchen

Just then @Shady appeared on a flying boat and hopped down to meet the group with a purple Magical Book O' Biology Information that had the word "~*~Science~*~" printed majestically on the cover, alliyah thought she could see @niteowl and @Mageheart's names printed as co-authors on the bottom of the cover.

"Hey, someone called for a BiOloGisT?" Shady pulled out a golden lanyard name tag that said "Shadow Vyper | YWS's Resident Fish Expert | Advisor for all the Science Things""

@Valkyria said confused, "Um I think we were going to ride over to you but I guess this saves time? I think Quill will have to cancel that Uber..."

alliyah jumped in, "So glad you're here, we desperately need your expert opinion on what we can use as bait to draw out the Golden Goose!"

Shady opened their Science Book to the chapter on "G o o s" written by @yosh and read aloud, "Golden Gooses: To acquire a golden goose, use food in the orange / yellow / gold family, that is their preference. They also like to dance and are afraid of ogres. Their habitat tends to be a clean green room, though they also like to vacation by the beach especially for their mid-July holiday."

Several YWSers, including @MaybeAndrew and @LadyMysterio, were taking notes. @PaigeFantasy gasped and looked pointedly at tatteredbones, "DID SOMEONE SAY ORANGE FOOD, GEM! YOUR BOILED CHEETOHS ARE GOING TO BE PERFECT FOR THIS"

alliyah looked sheepishly down at the plate she was holding that had (in past-tense) been holding boiled cheetohs, but was now empty because she had eaten them all. "Oh, sorry fam... Gem and Spark, could you maybe make some more of these for bait? And I guess while we're waiting on that, next on our list is to head to the Green Room and get that cleared up?"

Just then @Liminality, who had been trying to organize the various meandering threads of this story into one cohesive narrative, held up a cell-phone that had a long group message pulled up between @DreamyAlice @GengarIsBestBoy @KaiaJersaga and @momonster and several other YWSers, "It looks like part of the gang is over there already fighting the Green Room foes - and if I'm reading this right they've found a flock of ducks and seem to be... holding them hostage?"

Shady looked at the picture attached of @PoetryGoos to be sure, "That is not a duck. It is also not a golden goose. Oh dear..."

Just then @Spearmint pulled out a brand new map of YWS they had created, "Hey I love looseleaf's map, but I think mine just might have a short cut to the Green Room - it's through the Land of Randomosity though so we will have to try REALLY hard not to get distracted on our way."

@Shady and @alliyah looked at each other knowing how difficult it was to pass through Randomosity without posting in every single thread, both knew only too well that whole hours, days, yes even years, could be lost trying to get the final word in the "Last one to post here wins" thread.

"I guess it's worth a try" alliyah said trying to ready herself for the tests and chaos ahead. She sent a quick text to @LuminescentAnt and @alpacaboss to let them know they were on their way as they were the last two seen in Randomosity and may be able to prepare the way for the Knights, citizens, and goose pursuers.

"To the Randomosity Threads and then on to the Green Room to help our friends!" She shouted picking up her chicken to carry along the way.

122 Reviews

Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:17 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Meanwhile, at the Squire’s Dormitory

The Knights of the Green Room were all chatting and planning while drinking some overpriced tea. Gengar was not a Knight, so she sat in the corner, drinking gatorade out of a Gromit mug.

Gengar didn’t know how to feel about the Knights. On one hand, they worked towards clearing the Green Room and they disliked the goos’s attitude. That was all good. On the other hand, though, she wasn’t sure how they felt about shenanigans and mischief.

It was time to find out.

One of Gengar’s special talents was that she could absorb the heat from any object or room. The temperature of the room gradually decreased. She smirked subtly as a few people began to shiver

“Uhh, guys, is it getting cold in here, is it just me?” Asked @IcyFlame, who seemed to know a thing or two about icy temperatures.

“Hmm, yeah… something’s off…” said @loveissourgrapes

Soon, Gengar could not hold in her laughter. She burst out laughing. Everyone stared at her as their teeth chattered.

@KateHardy came forward, towering over Gengar (which wasn’t really a feat, as Gengar was short anyways). “Gengar, what did you do?”

Gengar giggled. “Relaaax, it’s just a harmless prank! And besides, can you really blame me? A combination of boredom, superpowers, and a knack for pranks will always result in mayhem!”

KateHardy sighed; Gengar had a point. “Alright everyone, we’ve got all our planning done, and we’ve decided we’re going to go meet up with the others. This means we’ve got to travel across the Randomosity Threads.

The Randomosity Threads were contained in a huge jungle. As they passed through, Gengar was amazed by all the sights. Gengar was super-duper awesome, but being so awesome came with a price: being easily distracted. She was so tempted to write something on the threads, like Baiting Mage Into Playing With Us or Fortunately/Unfortunately.

There was one thing that caught her attention: a tree with yellow fruits on it. What was so intriguing about this tree was that it looked totally out of place in the jungle.

Many would have called these fruits “lemons,” but Gengar knew better. They were yellow oranges, of course! everyone knows that yellow oranges are twice as expensive as lemons! Gengar was fascinated by the fruits, so she ran over to grab some off the tree. She put some in her Hello Kitty backpack.

Nobody in the group seemed to notice, and they all left her behind on accident
Attachments
IMG_5381.jpeg

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:12 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

The Land of Randomosity was a wonderous place, a beautiful jungle with large mirror-gates scattered around that were portals into the fun game threads that were in Randomosity. The jungle was full of bright colors and fun-looking shapes, and it looked a bit like a cartoon, something you would probably find if you stepped into the world of Care Bears. Ant had moved into the YWS Village a little over two months ago, and she had somewhat recently discovered the amazing wonderland that was Randomosity. It was such a fun place that she didn't bother to look in any of the other threads that much.

Ant was sitting on the grass, trying to decide whether she should post in either "Not in my living room" or "What's the first thing you think of when I say..." when she suddenly got a text from @alliyah, which she read quietly to herself out loud.

"Hey @LuminescentAnt and @alpacaboss, some YWS Villagers, Knights of the Green Room, and goose pursuers are going to be headed your way. Just letting you know so you can prepare for a stampede :D " She read out loud. "A stampede?!" she exclaimed. "Ohhh, I know, everyone's trying to find that Golden Goose in the Green Room, aren't they. Why are they cutting through Randomosity though?" Ant ran to find @alpacaboss, and she brought her container which had her pet glowing ants inside. When she found her, she was in "Not in my living room" and on her phone, reading the text as well.

"Did you get the text too?" @alpacaboss said.

"Yeah, I think people are looking for the Golden Goose. They must be really excited. I heard they haven't found it in 6 years!" Ant told her.

Just then, @Lovestrike entered Randomosity. Ant stepped out of "Not in my living room" and back into the jungle.

"@Lovestrike! You're not looking for the golden goose?" she asked them.

"No," they said, "I'm just going to post something in 'Baiting Mage to Play With Us.'" They headed over to that thread. Now Ant was alone in the jungle.

"I didn't know that this huge search was going on," Ant told herself. "No one tagged me, although I did think it was strange that @Euphory's famous Coffeehouse was almost empty. Maybe I should look......for the Golden GoooOOOOOOOOO..."

She trailed off as she saw a huge crowd of people coming towards her. It looked extremely strange, because a lot of them were covered in pure white goose feathers, and they were all running with concerned and determined expressions on their faces. They looked at the mirror-gates with awe and then shook it off, trying to be focused. It was very weird to see a crowd of people covered in goose feathers running towards something with unexplainable determination, so Ant just stared at them with confusion. Some people waved at her as they ran past, such as @loveissourgrapes and @Mageheart. But Ant waved a little wearily, because she was still very confused.

Finally after the herd of villagers and Knights ran past, Ant shook off her confusion. She noticed, however, that @GengarIsBestBoy had stayed behind, and she was staring at a tree of lemons with a look of mezmerization on her face. She then procceeded to frantically put some of them in her backpack. As Ant walked toward her, she noticed that Gengar was involuntarily muttering to herself, "Must have yellow oranges,"

"Uhhh Gengar? Are you okay?" Ant asked. "And aren't those called lemons?"

"NO!" Gengar snarled, turning around and glaring at her. "YELLOW ORANGES!" She turned back to the "yellow oranges" and continued to mutter and put them in her bag.

"Ummm...okay," Ant said, and she started walking towards the Green Room Forests. "I'm gonna go look for the Golden Goose in the Green Room." Gengar didn't seem to hear her, so Ant continued on. This was going to be a long day.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

1227 Reviews

Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:48 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

The episode in which the YWSers finally find each other, get only minimally distracted in Randomsity, then Continue on to Snoink's House to Retrieve a Net to Catch the Goose

Should anyone be surprised that this "short-cut" through Randomosity cost the search parties a whole week of progress... well, Randomosity is a highly distracting place to travel through, so there should be no surprise at all.

Even with the combined forces of all the YWSers who were searching for the Golden Goose finally united, the pull of the Randomosity Land's Glowing Jungle of Distractions was simply too alluring. There was no way to break through and get back to the Green Room.

Knight Alliyah had been caught in an endless loop for eight days ever since she set foot in the Randomosity lands. She would make an appearance in Last Person to Post Here Wins just in the off chance that she might win, then she would see all the various ice cream flavors at @Liminality's Name a Flavour Station and stop for an ice cream break, then @WinnyWriter, @Lovestrike, @LuminescentAnt, @ScarlettFire, @Shady or @alpacaboss would remind her that @Mageheart might actually lose this round of Baiting Mage to Play with Us, then she'd overhear something inspirational about cheese from @weathervane @luxluthor or @FireEyes and run to post it in the YWS Statuses that Could Work as NaPo Thread Titles and then the cycle would repeat itself again. and again. and again.

Alliyah wasn't the only one distracted, @looseleaf, @Quillfeather, @IcyFlame, @Rinisha, @Rose, @RandomTalks @MyKingdomOfRuins @Omni @Spearmint @Hijinks @Plume and @DreamyAlice all had taken turns sitting in a daze in front of a Randomosity thread only to try to walk forward and then get distracted by another. The group may have never returned to their quest for the Golden Goose if @GengarIsBestBoy hadn't attempted to juggle their collection of yellow oranges in their One time I dreamt thread. One slipped from the juggling, and hit Alliyah squarely in her head.

"I guess that's what happens when life gives you lemons" the Narrator said indicating a scene change.

"Huh!? What?! Where am I?" Holding the golden fruit in her hands, Alliyah remembered that they couldn't stay in Randomosity forever, but desperately needed to return to their quest to find the Golden Goose. "What day is it?" she mumbled out, voice parched from not speaking for a week.

"Just nine days left, or maybe seven, I don't really know, we've completely lost track of how many jam jars are left" @FireEyes responded also falling out of the Randomosity Daze.

"We need to get out of here. And quick. Is there anyone we can call from the outside to help us get out here?" @BluesClues asked.

Just then @Elinor pulled up in a shiny vehicle with an UBER sticker on the side, "Did someone call for an Uber Ride?" she asked the crew.

"OH MY GOODNESS! Elinor! You can rescue us out of here, I thought that @Quillfeather had canceled our uber ride from earlier, but I am SO glad you found us, yes! we do need to get out of Randomosity and quickly" Alliyah shouted back, extremely relieved.

They spent the next several minutes trying to bribe the Randomosity-dazed YWSers with badges, points, YWS bookmarks, and coffee until finally they were all packed into the Uber.

"Where to? The city maybe?" Elinor asked the group.

"Let's work on getting a net for the goose!" @LadySpark suggested since it seemed this path to the Green Room was not going to pan out.

@Ari11 passed out some snacks, @soundofmind got out her ukelele to entertain the group, and @looseleaf was giving the navigation directions.

Elinor was driving them over to @Snoink's home where a group of crocheters, knitters, and sew-ers were having a stitch-craft meeting, and where Alliyah hoped they could convince them to make a net for the Golden Goose. @Lael, @Spearmint, and @Plume were actually already drawing up some patterns to show the rest of the stitch-craft club when they arrived, hoping the combined efforts of the stitch-craft experts could put together something strong enough to catch a Golden Goose in an empty Green Room.

As the twinkling lights of Randomosity's Distracting Jungle faded in the rearview mirror the group sighed a sigh of relief. They were back on track.

There were less than 40 days left of the search.

But they still had a chance to find that goose.

147 Reviews

Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:05 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

Meanwhile, back in Randomsity...Recently knighted Lady Kaia (of the purple flame) heard after her ceremony that her fellow knighted Lady @Rinisha and the rest of the knights had to face the challenge of Randomosity. She laughed.

"What kind of a 'challenge' is that?" she inquired, but once she entered The Realm of Randomosity she was instantly caught up in Unfortunately/Fortunately and Last Person to Post Here Wins. Of course she wanted to be a WINNER so she had to keep posting there. @GengerIsBestBoy realized that the two were getting trapped and sidetracked and pulled on Kaia's arm, telling her to leave the place...that the knights and villagers must continue the journey. However, Kaia did not hear the warning. And so she stayed behind.

It grew late, and no one posted after her. She glanced at her watch and realized she was late! She tried to contact @alliyah but remembered her saying that she had shut off her devices so she could focus on getting to the end of Randomosity. Terror-striken, she ran through Randomosity and ended up on the other side just as the Uber pulled away. Glaring angrily at the back of the vehicle, she started down the dusty road when she ran into Knight @looseleaf riding up on a beautiful steed.

"Need some help?" the friendly knight (in shining armor) asked.

Kaia turned away to hide her slingshot she had been using to kill beasts. (She didn't have a sword) "Yes. Tell me where the knights went."
@looseleaf told her they had gone to the dwelling of @Snoink to coax the weavers there to build a net to catch the golden goose in and offered her a ride on his steed to get there.

She accepted...reluctantly. But after all, why not use a chance to ride some's beautiful war horse? Maybe one day shed have her own...

Upon her arrival, she was greeted with open arms by her fellow knights and friends, @alpacaboss, @Rinisha @Rose, @cookiesandcream123, @loveissourgrapes, @DreamyAlice, and @momonster. And of course her knitting friend, @Ari11. Kaia had to smile. Randomosity had truly gotten the better of her...

122 Reviews

Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:37 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Spoiler! :
(Sorry to be OOC here, but this takes place after alliyah’s post and before Kaia’s)

“Ooh, bird!” Exclaimed Gengar, pointing out of the car window to a crow flying by in the distance.

@Elinor sighed in annoyance. “Gengar, do you have to point out every time you see a bird?”

“Yeah, of course I do!” Replied Gengar, slightly offended. “Birds are rad!”

She looked out the window again, bored. Long car rides always took an eternity, and seeing a bird was like a sliver of hope in a sea of hopelessness and trees.

She opened her hello kitty backpack and pulled out a yellow orange. She admired the shininess of its surface.

“Hey guys,” she said, “check out these yellow oranges!” She held one up for everyone to see.

@Ari11 scratched their head. “Umm, Gengar, that’s a lemon.”

She shot them a death glare, but she tried kept her cool. “Amateur mistake, actually. This is actually called a yellow orange!”

@Shady gasped when they saw it. “Wait a minute, we can use this as bait for the Golden Goose!”

Gengar was utterly shocked at this revelation. “Uhh, excuse a what now?” She asked, pulling the yellow orange away protectively. She loved these things; she didn’t want to give them up.

“But Gengar,” said @alliyah , “if we use the yellow oranges, we’ll be able to find the Golden Goose and get free literary works!”

Gengar considered for a moment. Yellow oranges were rad, but finding the Golden Goose was even more rad.

“Okay, fine. I suppose I should stop being a menace for once and actually do something helpful to the plot.”

@soundofmind stopped playing the ukulele. “‘Plot?’ What do you mean ‘plot’?”

Gengar chuckled. “Oh, you don’t know? Alright, so all of us are actually just puppets for higher beings—“

“Guys,”. Interrputed @Elinor as the car came to a halt. “We’re here.”

Spoiler! :
OOC again, but I sadly don’t have a drawing for this one :(

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown