z

Young Writers Society

Dumb Character Names

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:00 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Ok so I’m not the only one who gives my characters dumb names, am I?

What often happens is that I’ll make a character, but then I don’t know what to name them, so I say “you know what? Lemme just call them something stupid for now and then I’ll think of a name later.” But every single time I end up getting attached to the stupid name.
So tell me, YWSers, have you ever named a character something very absurd (maybe in the past or in a current project)? I’ll go first. I’m not gonna give any context for the names but you can if you want:

—Asthma Man
—Angel + Devil
—Fizzie
—Muffin
—Jello (I changed his name to Gene though)

Side note: with the exception of Asthma Man and Muffin, I have this little hidden in-universe rule for my characters. I realized that literally nobody would give their child these stupid names, so the rule is that a lot of people have nicknames that somehow everyone knows and everyone always uses, all the time.
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

4095 Reviews

Reviews: 4095
Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:02 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

I believe the most absurd name I've ever given is:

King Ping Pong

There was also:

Lard Duck
Karnage Destro
Emperor Neferu the Nefarious
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:59 am
View Likes
foxmaster says...

Purple tea... one kid in my class called his character fart.

The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna