Young Writers Society

Lux Academy OOC

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:21 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Welcome to Lux Academy, students! We are pleased to see that you are applying to our prestigious academy. Before we can begin the application process, tell us a bit about yourselves.

WFP Link

Characters

NPC Character Template:
Code: Select all
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Gender/Pronouns: [/b]
[b]Romantic/Sexual Interests: [/b]
[b]Role in Roleplay: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b]
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Aura, Affinity, Weapon: [/b]
[b]Strengths/Weaknesses: [/b]
[b]Brief History: [/b]
[b]Other: [/b]

Character Slots:
  1. @Omni - Railyn Yora
  2. @WeepingWisteria - Cyra Shula
  3. @winterwolf0100 - Thane Mathai
  4. @atlast - Edalyn Ralia
  5. @mothbroth - Euphemia Faleth (NPC)
  6. @SilverNight - Kynina Fallon
  7. @HarryHardy - Safiana Vialena
  8. @Teddybear - Ezra Heartly
  9. @Spearmint - Aapeli Morgan
  10. @AceassinOfTheMoon - Sylkalyn Farrington

NPC List - Students

Spoiler! :
Railyn Yora - @Omni
Cyra Shula - @WeepingWisteria
Thane Mathai - @winterwolf0100
Edalyn Ralia - @atlast
Euphemia Faleth - @mothbroth
Kynina Fallon - @SilverNight
Safiana Vialena - @HarryHardy
Ezra Heartly - @Teddybear
Aapeli Morgan - @Spearmint
Sylkalyn Farrington - @AceassinOfTheMoon

Now that we have your information on board, it is our duty to inform you about all that Lux Academy has to offer, including the historic city and country it resides in.

The World & History

The map of Rupturia

The map of Glinthaven

The map of Lux Academy

A Map of The Arena

A brief history: Lux Academy
Spoiler! :
Lux Academy is one of the oldest magical institutions in the country. It was built within the tallest mountain in the country. Early on in its construction, as our founders carved the Zenith Tower out of the mountain's durable stone, they came across what has become Lux Academy's crowning achievement: The Aethyr Crystal.

The Aethyr Crystal is Lux Academy's source of power and prestige. Thought to be a uniquely large Heart of the Mountain, Lux Academy's amazing scholars utilized the powerful magic source into numerous technological innovations within the Academy, the city of Glinthaven, and the country of Rupturia. Of course, more importantly the Aethyr crystal became the source of Lux Academy's infamous God Crystals. Drawing academics, scholars, warriors, and students from all over the country and beyond, Lux Academy quickly rose through the ranks of magical institutions, making a name for itself.

Today, Lux Academy is one of the most prestigious academies as it makes civilization's next generation of mage scholars and warriors. The Academy itself acts as a beacon of magic and technology, with the Aethyr Crystal powering the country's first of an array of international wireless communication towers and enabling a new era of connectability.

In its halls, Lux Academy features state of the art architecture and technology. When you first enter the academy's grounds, you'll immediately notice the Zenith Tower: Lux Academy's tallest building. Zenith Tower holds the Aethyr Crystal, and is the last standing monument to the mountain that came before the academy. Within its stone walls, Zenith Tower acts as a trifecta of offices, lodging, and storage for the communications tower. In its highest floors are the offices of some of Lux's oldest and strongest professors and scholars. In its middle floors is comfortable lodging for all of Lux Academy's professors, if they choose to live on the academy's grounds. The lowest floors are the most publicly available, as they house Lux Academy's communication tower.

The Academy's grounds is separated into four distinct sections: classrooms, dormitories, training grounds, and operations headquarters. In the middle of these sections lay the Zenith Tower and the surrounding Halls, which act as the place to congregate and relax for our students. The Hallsground offers many different activities for students to enjoy themselves in their free time, including the dining hall, the recreations hall, the sparring hall, and more. The dormitories of Lux Academy are separated into the four years of education, training, and experience, with the first years living on the lowest floor.

Lux Academy offers a wide array of specializations for students to explore in their teachings. Our education framework focuses on a wide foundation of magical knowledge for the first half of each of the student's first two years. The second half of the first two years are battle training, a comprehensive education plan built around honing a student's knowledge, expertise, and prowess in magical battle tactics. Years three and four of one's Lux Academy tenure are more specialized with focus on real world appliation of the student's learnings. The first half of a student's final year revolves completely around Operations: field missions that give our students needed experience to real world magical applications. The final semester at Lux Academy revolves around preparing to compete for that year's God Crystal tournament.

After their four years of education at Lux Academy, students are offered multiple resources to further their education or step into real world applications that compliment their areas of expertise that they have cultivated at their time in the Academy. The Academy prides itself for its multitude of assistance programs for graduated students, new and old.

A brief history: Magic
Spoiler! :
Magic runs deep within the world, and all living beings are imbued with magic in some aspect. Mages are those of us who can channel their aura to manipulate the magic within themselves and all living things. Auras are physical representations of the magical ability within a person, and are often tailored to reflect one's soul, personality, and magical prowess. All mages can manipulate their auras to use magic generally and with specializations. Auras also act as a Mage' fuel source and defense. The stronger one's aura, the more durable one is and the more endurance one has in a magical duel. Mages also have an Affinity, a magical ability unique to the mage. One's Affinity depends on their aura, and often compliments their magic and fighting style.

Magic Types:
  • Affinities
      Affinities is the natural extension of one's aura. Mages can choose to specialize and focus on honing their Affinity and expanding their powers within it. Affinities is not a specialization in itself, but it can be a focus for some mages.
  • Symbology
      Symbology is the specialization of magic by using sigils to summon projections of magical beings to do your bidding. It is similar to Sigilweaving and Primal Sense in its techniques, but differs in its applications.
  • Spellcrafting
      Spellcrafting is the specialization of magic by using spoken or written language to convey one's meaning and manipulation of magic.
  • Artificing
      Artificing is the specialization of magic by inscribing intent and a fraction of one's aura onto non-magical objects, giving them magical temporary magical abilities.
  • Potion Crafting
      Potioncrafting is the specialization of magic that uses the innate echos of auras imbued in all living things to craft magical concoctions.
  • Primal Sense
      Primal Sense is the specialization of magic that uses phsyical gestures and physical extensions of one's aura. It is similar to Symbology and Sigilweaving, but focuses more on magical intention rather than inscriptions.
  • Aura Enhancements
      Aura enhancmenet is the specialization on focusing on manipulating auras. This is a specialization not taught at most academies because it can involve manipulating others' auras, which is forbidden by most mage's lines of thought.
  • Sigilweaving
      Sigilweaving is the specialization that inscribes magical meaning to physical spaces, usually the air in front of the user, to provide wanted magical effects. Sigilweaving is commonly used as a combination of lines to form various shapes.

A brief history: Primordial Forces
Spoiler! :
Before Lux Academy, and before modern history, the land was built around simple primordial forces, such as chaos and order, or fear and love. We know little of those times, but we know that magic as we know it today originated from these primordial concepts turned beings. In certain areas around the world, primordial forces are more closely connected with the physical land. The most egregious example of this connection is the Fracture, a visible scar in the land on the border of Rupturia that offers a disturbing window in the world before, and a grim reminder of all we at Lux Academy defend against and protect from. Due to efforts from Lux Academy and other magical institutions over the generations, The Fracture is all but benign, and physical manifestations of The Fracture's laws, called the Primordials, have lessened to a trickle.

Primordials are monsters lacking soul and lacking an aura. They represent beings before magic. They are mindless abominations that feed off the natural magic flowing through everything, but they are a void that cannot be filled. They are extremely dangerous and not meant to be trifled with.

A brief history: The Aethyr Crystal and God Crystals
Spoiler! :
The Aethyr Crystal is a magical object that confuses and enamors scholars alike. Its origins are unknown, with Lux Academy's founders finding it by happenstance. Its location within the mountain is thought to not be its original location, but it is all merely hypotheticals, as no evidence has been proven as to its original whereabouts. It is considered a Titanic Artifact, an object of great magical power and an intense magic source. There are few Titanic Artifacts discovered in the world, and the Aethyr Crystal is the oldest and most well known of them.

Within the past hundred years, scholars have figured out how to harness the Aethyr Crystal's immense magical pool for a various of achievements, the most notably being the God Crystals.

God Crystals are small fragments of the Aethyr Crystal. They are completely vacant magical sources with the unique ability to imbue to a person for the rest of the life. Imbuing with a God Crystal allows a mage to use their weapon as a second pool for their aura. This offers them a huge advantage in virtually all magical scenarios. Unlike a human, the God Crystals are an almost limitless storage for magic, but require a mage to pool their own aura into it to store it. When an Imbued mage dies, the God Crystal shatters, becoming effectively useless.

A brief history: Glinthaven & Rupturia
Spoiler! :
Lux Academy resides on the border of the wondrous city of Glinthaven. Glinthaven, a safe haven for mages before the modern era, has evolved into the self-proclaimed City of Progress. Glinthaven is a massive city full of tourism and cultures all of the Rupturia.

Rupturia is one of the largest countries, which formed hundreds of years ago from battling tribes. They united under mage leadership when the Fracture first formed, called the Rupture back then. Faced with a common cause against certain doom, the early beginnings of Rupturia formed and developed into a country of a united front for the further of magical teachings and prosperity. Lux Academy has been a prime example of Rupturia's teachings, and over time the two have become almost inseparable. When one thinks of Rupturia, they think of Lux Academy, and vice versa. Within the last few decades, Rupturia has also become a leader in technology, infusing technological advances with magical superiority.

Rupturia is not a paradise, of course. The disparity between magical people and non-magical people is large, even though non-mages outnumber mages and are the majority of the citizens in Rupturia. Most positions of power within Rupturia are held by mages, and Lux Academy hs gained tremendous political power within the last fifty years, with many former professors and alumni holding government spots. The division between mages and non-mages have risen recently with the rise of instant international communication, as news travels fast and technology advancing even faster. That, combined with the Fracture being less and less of a threat, has caused many non-mages within Rupturia to question the need and legitimacy of a mage-focused and -led society.

Amongst those, a group has risen in popularity due to their... loudness. The First Scar is a group of non-mages within the country of Raptura who are calling for the official end of what they call "The Mage Reign." Their most public target is that of Lux Academy itself. They call magic and mages a blight on society and they cause more harm than good to the citizens of Rupturia, especially the non-mage ones. The heads of Lux Academy and Rupturia have paid little head to these complaints and movements, with some even calling it healthy competition, akin to the type of competition for the God Crystals.

This is just the beginning! At Lux Academy, you'll learn more about everything explained here and more! We eagerly await your application to our humble Academy.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:02 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

I’d love to snatch a character spot!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:27 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

snatching a spot!
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:25 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@winterwolf0100 @atlast welcome welcome :D glad to have you!! if you have any questions, please let me know ^^

@WeepingWisteria i see you lurking xD hiiii

sass levels loading

[he/him]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:39 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Hi! I'm very excited for this one to start.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:40 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

stealing a spot here you can't stop me #rptweez2022
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:56 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

#rptweez2022 yeet! welcome aboard ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:31 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

mothbroth joining the in both schools club. Welcome, welcome.
She/They/Fae

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:00 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

May I join perhaps? ;)
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

31 Reviews

Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:02 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Yesss! The Magic School Cinematic Universe!
She/They/Fae

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:22 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@SilverNight of course you can! Welcome welcome :D

this is still open if anyone's looking to join

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:26 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@atlast Eidalyn is accepted! I quite like her personal secret :P we shall see where that goes

@WeepingWisteria I PMed you with a question about your charrie ^^

everyone: I have already started writing my intro post, but I'm here for assistance on your characters! Would anyone like to join a write in with me sometime this weekend?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:34 am
View Likes
atlast says...

thanks, omni! i'm pretty free tomorrow for a write in :)
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

31 Reviews

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:07 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I should be able to do a write-in!
She/They/Fae

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:13 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@WeepingWisteria your character has been approved! Cyra might have some particularly swell insight to The First Scar's antics (if we ever get to that, we are just students after all :P)

sass levels loading

[he/him]

“Such nonsense!" declared Dr Greysteel. "Whoever heard of cats doing anything useful!" "Except for staring at one in a supercilious manner," said Strange. "That has a sort of moral usefulness, I suppose, in making one feel uncomfortable and encouraging sober reflection upon one's imperfections.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell