z

Young Writers Society

Second Sight OOC

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:39 am
View Likes
Shady says...

the struggle of wanting to stay up until rpmo starts in 1 hr and 22 minutes in your timezone so you can launch this rp while simultaneously wanting nothing more than to go to sleep xD (I don't think I'm gonna make it tbh so I'll have to post the intro post after work tomorrow afternoon -- but feel free to get started on your character profiles before then! I will update the first post in this OOC with the profiles as y'all add them ^-^)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:41 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I know the feeling. It’s only eight pm here!
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:08 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

It's midnight now, so here we go!

Name: Neptune Capella
Pronouns: They change (use they/them if unsure)

Appearance: A lighter Caribbean complexion with a white bob. They have cataracts and always dress in layers. (See Picrew in spoiler.)
Personality: Neptune loves audiobooks, especially murder mysteries. Growing up, they also played the role of the observer, learning to read personalities through voice, footsteps, and word choice. They’re brilliant and a force to be reckoned with on the mental battlefield.

Brief History: Neptune was born blind due to complications during their mother’s pregnancy. After their parents’ deaths, they lived with their older brother, Saturn, and their foster parents, Edmund and Nellie. Their childhood was riddled with health conditions that left them frail but wholly determined to find a way to help the world.

Other: Since Neptune is blind, they use a white cane for mobility. Due to their brother Saturn’s recent car accident and subsequent hearing loss, they also know tactile sign language.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

460 Reviews

Reviews: 460
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:14 pm
View Likes
Horisun says...

Name: Shelby Addams
Age: 48 (though she tells people she's much older, for effect)
Pronouns: She/her

Appearance: Her face is like a shriveled apricot, and she decorates her long, pepper-gray hair in miscellaneous rainbow-colored beads, broaches, and treasures she picked up from garage sales throughout the years. She wears long, dangly earrings, and a purple bathrobe over everyday street-attire.
Personality: She's a cat lady with a penchant for sweets. She's like the cool aunt you see once a year, who shows up and gives your parents a massive headache. Despite that, she's actually really friendly, and seeks to help everyone she can, in her own strange way.
Brief History: Ever since she was but a child, Shelby has believed she could foresee future events, commune with the dead, and, on a good day, read minds. None of this is true, but that didn't stop her from opening her own business. Every Saturday, she sits in front of her crystal ball, and waits for potential clients to walk through the door. She desperately wants to make the psych thing a fulltime gig, so when she hears of a call for brilliants minds, how could she resist?

Other: Shelby wants to bring her cat Lunar Eclipse with her to the murder house.
Last edited by Horisun on Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
She/Her

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:21 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Name: Deborah Carpenter
Age: A lady never reveals her age. >.> But probably somewhere around 70.
Pronouns: She/her

Appearance: Pretty much like the grandma you might see on boxes of cake mix. Deborah has curly white hair, light blue eyes, and laugh wrinkles. She’s used her innocent appearance to fool people many, many times… Mostly the people she plays card games with at the senior center. Definitely not criminal suspects or anything.

Personality: Friendly, motherly, always has a twinkle in her eye. Has a passion for murder mystery novels, for some reason. Her children got weirded out whenever she commented on how unrealistic a certain method of murder was, though, so she took to pretending to enjoy romance novels instead. Overall, Deborah has a caring personality, though her children have seen how wiley she can be (especially when they refused to do chores when they were young… Deborah would make it a competition, and Charles and Riley would fight over who could wash the most dishes until they realized what Deborah had done). But other than a few quirks, Deborah’s just your average mother and grandmother!

Brief History: Classified. Haha, I mean, what? Deborah had a completely normal childhood. She studied at university for a few years (with no Google, either! All you youngsters better give her some respect, just for that), then returned to her hometown and started a family. Since then, Deborah’s lived peacefully in a suburban area, visiting her children and grandchildren on holidays and weekends. (She claims not to have a favorite grandchild, but everyone knows she likes Anna best.) On most other days, she volunteers and is part of a knitting club. Annd… that’s about it. Oh wait, there’s actually one more thing– she also plays cards at the local senior center. Quite a boring life, really. (You thought I was gonna say something like, “she also hunts down wanted criminals in her spare time?” No wayy… you must have the wrong grandma. This old lady is perfectly content with her quiet life. ;))

Other: Deborah always carries a large purple purse with her. She says it’s to hold sweets and old grocery receipts and a few other essentials, but her grandchildren have reported seeing something that looks an awful lot like a brick in there… and unexplainable things like a shoe and a bubble wand. Amy claims the purse is larger than it appears, but there must be some better explanation, right? Like extreme organization skills. Yup, that must be it. >.>
Last edited by Spearmint on Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:47 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

With these older detectives, I want to make Neptune 13 or something for effect.
She/They/Fae

935 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:51 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Horisun wrote: Her face is like a shriveled apricot

xD New favorite way to describe someone. Shelby is goals hahaha

also yes do it child detective, Wisteria, we stan

also can I just say I LOVE all of these characters -- this is going to be a fantastic group, I can feel it now

- - -

Settled on making a new character!

Name: Avery Tanner
Pronouns: They/them

Appearance: 5'6"/168 cm tall, a little heavy-set, dark skin and black hair that they keep buzzed close to their head. Bright blue eyes and wears glasses. Enjoys eccentric fashion choices and generally is wearing something that would make you pause if you aren't familiar with them.

Personality: Avery is a bit timid, but coming into themself as they get older. They are generally quiet unless they get super excited about something, in which case all filters are gone and they turn into a massively enthusiastic nerd. They are generally more of a go-with-the-flow sort of person, but if no one else is stepping up to lead they will -- reluctantly -- fill that role.

Brief History: Avery has a rough home life, and as such learned to entertain themself quietly from a very young age. They have a particular penchant for riddles and enjoy a good mystery that they are able to solve for themselves. They've never really done something like this before, but it happened to be feasible, so they figured they may as well come to give it a go. What's the worst that could happen?

Other: They enjoy collecting anything in the non-binary flag colors (yellow, white, purple, and black) -- particularly items of clothing or things that can be worn. They also have a small collection of very smooth stones they systematically squirreled away from those little bins in museum gift shops that they are inexplicably proud of.

[they/he]

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:10 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I love Avery, Shady! And you have inspired me; Neptune is the child prodigy that just showed up to help XD.
She/They/Fae

935 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:14 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Thank you!!

And ayyyy love to see it :') I am working on an intro post as we speak and will hopefully have that posted within the next half hour unless something comes up ^^

[they/he]

935 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:36 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

We! Are! Live!

No particular posting order, so feel free to get your intro post up whenever you're ready ^^ also forgot to mention but make sure you're subscribed to the roleplay thread as well as here c:

[they/he]

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:44 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I'm currently online, so I'll post right now.
She/They/Fae

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:14 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Sorry for the delay, all! Here is my absolute disaster of a character.

Name: Corey Lionel Sharpe (yes he really does introduce himself that way)
Pronouns: he/him

Appearance: Gilded-age-orphan-core. You look at him and think "why does he look like a Tim Burton character but specifically from Ohio." Like young FDR but with patchy stubble and a mustache that is not working for him. He dresses like he's going to a yacht party but only had two minutes to get ready.

Personality: He's a himbo but a rich himbo, so it comes off as more out-of-touch rich person energy than loveable doofus. He has no idea what is going on at all times. He really likes history, and is partly going to the house just to see what kind of historical stuff it might have in it. That being said, he does have a penchant for classic mysteries. He's got a handful of Doyle's and Christie's first editions. Overall, he likes to think he's doing something to help out, but most of the time, he isn't. He's like a prime candidate for scams: wealthy and clueless and well-meaning.

Brief History: He was born to a set of old money parents. After a childhood living in the paradigm of wealthy suburbia, he went on to play lacrosse in high school. Those two things are most likely correlated. When he went on to university, however, he became a history major rather than studying business and law, much to his parent's disappointment. After graduating, he spent two years meandering around Europe and called it a gap year (a gap before what, he has no idea). He will not hesitate to bring up Europe whenever he can. He no longer plays lacrosse and is starting to slowly realize the fact that he might have peaked in high school.

Other: He has a pet rat named Aristotle that is always on his person. At all times.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:19 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Plume wins this round of character-making. The appearance? Iconic. I love this.
She/They/Fae

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:54 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Double-posting here, but does anyone mind if I bring the great-nephew Mr Mallory into the room now? It looks like everyone's introduced themselves.
She/They/Fae

460 Reviews

Reviews: 460
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:08 pm
View Likes
Horisun says...

I don't mind if no one else does!
She/Her

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery